Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    thats awesome you guys were drawn back haha - are there any channels in particular that are more active with real people?
    i'll check out that "forum gold" website, i think i know the one
    I still play it from time to time to be honest.
    If you want a upgraded D2 Experience I would recommend playing Median XL. It is a community mod to D2 that enhances the experience.
    When you played more than 2-3000 hours of D2 it gets kinda stale, so getting something new in the old is pretty nice.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I'm leveling up an amazon. D2 was so good.

Yeah since Diablo 4's announcement I had the itch to play so I've been playing Diablo 3 off and on. Already completed most of the season objectives already.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

My brother and I have created a few characters upon a new ladder reset, always a fun time. Probably create some new ones around thanksgiving break, and do the act1 walkthrough, as per tradition.

Shouldn't there be a ladder reset relatively soon even? I think they reset it every 6 months, and last the last reset was in July or something.

Blizzard sorc ho!

Its still a good ARPG even in 2019. Gameplay is a bit too wooden, and then there is the graphics. But rest is fine.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Personaly I wait for remastered or reforged version. If Blizzard don't want to do this, we'll probably see it on GOG sooner or later.

Just fixed the MedianXL mod and thought i should start fresh there, they seem to have changed everything but so far so good. Not sure what class to play as they changed them all completely.

Im hyped though as it's new stuff to explore and have fun with.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta say i like it, looks better and resolution and picture looks much better when i play it on my tv then with the original that's got issues with running widescreen or high resolutions. I run 3840x2160 on the tv atm and it looks smooth and stretched not crumped and grainy like the original. Think the game itself only runs at 1024x768 though but looks better.

Looks like the 3dfx glide is built in this mod too so that's good.

You need a fresh install with version 113d.

Desided to try a paladin summoner and see how that goes. Haha feels so op at lvl 2 already just owning with my aoe retaliate skill very fun and i love that it feels fresh again after playing so much D2 before.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-11-12 at 12:27 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Hello everyone,
    ever since the D4 announcement i have had the itch to play D2 LOD - i think ill give in tomorrow and re-install from the b.net stash of games & cd-keys i have saved.. Has anyone else got the itch? did you create an account, a character? - what would you play if you had no gear and starting fresh ??

Any other thoughts on d2? is it to outdated on current machines for you to enjoy?
    Cheers fellas, just a conversation starter
    try path of diablo, you wont regret it

Hello everyone,
    ever since the D4 announcement i have had the itch to play D2 LOD - i think ill give in tomorrow and re-install from the b.net stash of games & cd-keys i have saved.. Has anyone else got the itch? did you create an account, a character? - what would you play if you had no gear and starting fresh ??

Any other thoughts on d2? is it to outdated on current machines for you to enjoy?
    Cheers fellas, just a conversation starter
    Id love to play some D2. Id play a Swarm Neco or a Trapsin for sure

Think I’m gonna try some weird builds. Thinking holy fire ranger first. Just gotta get those explosive bows.

Damn.. I didnt think I would have this fun in D2 as im having with my mate since we started playing again after blizzcon.
    Such a great game. Lots of cool things ive forgotten that I loved with D2.
    A bad thing that I had forgotten tho was the binding and having to switch your hand position from 1234 to F1234 all the time for classes that have many abilities.

Is there some sort of method to make the bindings easier and more ergonomic for your hands? :P

I was just playing it a few minutes ago. Diablo2 battle chest was one of the first games I bought for my computer around 2000. It was a great game for its time and is not bad now but I like d3 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Is there some sort of method to make the bindings easier and more ergonomic for your hands? :P
    I bind the F buttons to my mousewheel for the most important skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    I bind the F buttons to my mousewheel for the most important skills.
    oh! didnt think of that. Thanks

Re-installed it after work Thursday. Couldn't make through the first act. just so boring and hard to read. I've tried high res mods and don't like how small everything is. Tried Meridian mod, and not really a fan of god modes, which is what that seemed like to me. I liked back then, but gameplay wise things have improved so much it makes this and D1 impossible for my to enjoy anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was also interested in playing D2 LoD again, but ultimately I decided not to do it, due to the following reasons:

- the resolution is just unbearable
    - you can't play the class you like because at start you need a sorc to find gear, everything else is too slow
    - later in the game, in most cases there's no way around enigma unless you want to severely cripple yourself
    - massively unbalanced in PvP, as a Hammerdin i could absorb almost everything elemental or reduce it to harmless levels (a sorc has zero chances in PvP)
    - basically only physical and magic damage works in PvP (Hammerdin, Wind Druid, Smiter, to a lesser degree WW Barb... and maybe Bone Spirit Necro, but this one has to deal with slow missile spell, from a rune word shield if I remember correctly)
    - Faster cast rates that make no sense, it's awful for an amazon, and Barb is as good as Sorc

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    I was also interested in playing D2 LoD again, but ultimately I decided not to do it, due to the following reasons:

- the resolution is just unbearable
    You get used to it. At least I do after enough time passed. Old Snes games have the same effect on me and many others, after a while you don't notice the pixels anymore. Maybe that's not the case with you, but I would still give it a try.

- you can't play the class you like because at start you need a sorc to find gear, everything else is too slow
    Depends if you play single player or if trading is an option. If you play offline / alone the sorc gets you starting gear the fastest (uniques, sets) through boss runs, but if trading / online play is an option then Diablo 2 offers a lot more ways to gather gear.

Some examples:
    The Summoning Necro can clear every part of the game with zero issues, ultra safe, in players 1/2 games. You can vomit Magic find equipment on him and still clear everything. The playstyle is less about bossruns, but extended games where you clear several areas of the highest treasure class. Optimal for people who don't like to just kill Mephisto over and over again.

Another option would be a Javazon for Hell Cowruns. No need for expensive gear, you could do those naked with a dirt cheap Titans. The idea is to do these runs with zero MF, because what you're after are base items for runewords (4sock Monarchs, etheral 4sock poles, 15/15 armors etc.) These can be worth a lot, especially compared to the average uniques which are available in abundance (due to everyone and their mother doing Mephisto runs). A simple 4s etheral pole can go for a Sur-Rune. Find 3 more and you got your first high level runeword (with cubing).
    Of course Cowruns also drop plenty of gems, which also guarantee a steady income.

A Trap Assa can do the same, with the downside that she could accidently kill the Cow King and the upside that she can clear all other parts of the game without much issue (the Java is pretty much locked to cows).

Or you could make a Travincal Goldfind Barb, who only needs a dirt cheap upgraded Ripcracker to kill the council and amass a ton of gold /gems / runes for gambling and / or crafting.

Paladin can do Hellfire runs with dirt cheap gear (PG-level gear) thansk to smite. You buy the keys, do the Hellrun and sell the unident torch for 1,5 or twice as much. Or you gamble and identify the torch yourself.

Druid is kind of busted, I agree. Easily the worst class compared to the others, no unique selling point whatsoever.

- later in the game, in most cases there's no way around enigma unless you want to severely cripple yourself
    Getting that one highlevel runeword is incredibly easy.

- massively unbalanced in PvP, as a Hammerdin i could absorb almost everything elemental or reduce it to harmless levels (a sorc has zero chances in PvP)
    - basically only physical and magic damage works in PvP (Hammerdin, Wind Druid, Smiter, to a lesser degree WW Barb... and maybe Bone Spirit Necro, but this one has to deal with slow missile spell, from a rune word shield if I remember correctly)
    Sadly that's true. Hammerdin is the masterspec.
    - Faster cast rates that make no sense, it's awful for an amazon, and Barb is as good as Sorc
    It might not make sense from a lore / class flavor point of view, but it's a blessing for class balance. A Javazon with sorc-like teleport speed would make lightning sorcs pretty much obsolete, as Charged Strike and Lightning Fury are superior in every way.

Diablo ll with Median Sigma mode. You won't regret it.
    Diablo l with Hell2 mode. You won't regret it. )

Imagine a Diablo 2 Remastered... It's a dream that keeps getting dashed, unfortunately.