Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    bfa being the end of the faction war my ass.
    stupid liars
    lol what?...

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It’s really as simple as this.
    Orcs won't exchange their mud hut with boar hides with nice houses with warm feather beds.
    Filthy uncivilized people.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfbeater View Post
    lol what?...
    Rescuing Baine cinematic.
    "Horde and Alliance, we have come to this crossroad again and again and it always falls apart. what will be different this time?", "We are".

Saurfang and Anduin before SoO 2.0. We fight for Azeroth, to break the cycle.

LOL, joke back to cold war so we can revive the faction war next time we're bored.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
    2. Requires more development time set to faction-specific things/questlines. Imagine what wondrous things could come if they devoted time to content without having to cut it in half because they "Need to work on the Alliance equivalent questline now!"
    The obvious ones are fine, but there could be so much more world content if they just designed it with EVERYONE in mind.[/I]
    There are already so many questlines which you can do with both factions, especially in Legion, and it sounds like in Shadowlands its the same, and i see no problem with Horde and Alliance still having some faction specific questlines. This entire faction thing just doesn't make sense to me anymore. BfA ending almost screamed cross-faction, and now this.. and expansion where we are working together again, but no cross faction play because 'factions are the pillar of WoW'... But, we can still have factions and faction conflicts, they're not gone because you can group up cross-faction to do content both can do anyway. We can also still have faction war lore, because the factions will still be there, its also okay still having quest zones like BfA had.. you cant level together, but you can still do things together, like i said, both can do anyway. (Still hoping there wont be another faction conflict addon in the future.)

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I kinda feel sorry for myself for reading this. Just you saying that the Horde is about to collapse is enough circus material.
    Yes, the horde doesnt have a committed player base and everyone will leave as soon as a better option comes up alliance side. Thats basically what you were implying. But please, conveniently walk away from it and dont acknowledge that what you said is strictly against blackface Robert Downey Jr's advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You can play with friends now

- - - Updated - - -

I get their point, while factions in many ways are a burden - they are integral to WoW. I'm kind of glad they feel retail is still played enough to support this split in the playerbase, if they ever do announce the factions going - I would be a little bit worried about the state of the player count
    Not really, no. Not without sacrificing desired "customization" the devs are clinging to for Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    $30 faction transfers. Activision will never let them cut that revenue stream off. There are some crazies out there who will spend that on all of their alts.
    Imho they dont need to remove the factions in that way, just remove the factions in pve so that when war mode is on your pvp faction and racial faction still exists.

Keep the alliance/horde by all means, but remove the lock that stops players working together in pve.

Our cluster has 1 mythic raiding guild, 1 single guild and we are losing members left and right to be honest. They have to do something about servers like mine because at this rate it will be dead and void of any mythic activity soon. It sucks so much

Quote Originally Posted by jaksan View Post
    Our cluster has 1 mythic raiding guild, 1 single guild and we are losing members left and right to be honest. They have to do something about servers like mine because at this rate it will be dead and void of any mythic activity soon. It sucks so much
    Well the best option would be to allow xrealm mode from the begining. It's amusing thinking this was ANY barrier for world first race or even top XXX guilds.
    Anyone dedicated enough will just do realm transfer and done.

At this point this is only barrier for more casual players. Someone would say "but mah realm first achievements!". Well it doesn't matter either as long as throw some money at blizz. Or maybe level new character since now it's gonna be even easier.

They literally said they can't merge servers because there will be lots of people with the same character name, and they don't want to go down the rabbit hole where people are forced to name change randomly when they had that name for years, as a result of the server merger.

Adding a 2nd name to the character on the same day as multiple server merger would really fix a lot of things, but Blizzard doesn't want to make it possible to have 2 names.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    They literally said they can't merge servers because there will be lots of people with the same character name, and they don't want to go down the rabbit hole where people are forced to name change randomly when they had that name for years, as a result of the server merger.

Adding a 2nd name to the character on the same day as multiple server merger would really fix a lot of things, but Blizzard doesn't want to make it possible to have 2 names.
    They fixed that with Connected Realms.
    They just need to do a new round of connecting realms, which they haven't since 2014.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Imho they dont need to remove the factions in that way, just remove the factions in pve so that when war mode is on your pvp faction and racial faction still exists.

Keep the alliance/horde by all means, but remove the lock that stops players working together in pve.
    If anything, it's kind of ridiculous that NPCs can do that just fine, but players aren't allowed to... unless they PvP where they can go Mercenary mode. And Arena never bothered to to prevent HvH or AvA.

Blizz is sending some really confusing messages there.

Uhm, they have already merged a ton of realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    It's not unimportant at all, it provides incredibly important world building. The split in the player base is also important for that exact reason, for faction pride.

I think it would be more convenient for the factions to merge, but I think the game would lose a lot out of it in the long term.
    Keeping factions separate is killing Alliance raiding right now. "But maybe long-term" is a pretty poor reason to justify objectively bad things happening right now. Same shit as the GCD change, Blizzard directly said they know it's bad but "muh long-term".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They fixed that with Connected Realms.
    They just need to do a new round of connecting realms, which they haven't since 2014.
    They don't do it anymore because idiots whine about their "server identity"(I guess they identify as dead?) or that there'll be other people with the same name. They could connect every low pop server on EU and that collective would still be smaller than the healthy servers probably.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Uhm, they have already merged a ton of realms.
    Connected realms aren't mergers.

After my top200ish guild died, the top guild on that cluster is around world rank 1k and there's like 2 other guilds with any mythic kills(not going to call 3/8 a mythic guild tho, the first 3 are basically heroic). It's pretty sad tbh.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Connected realms aren't mergers.
    They effectively are in all relevant respects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I think it's for the best, horde and alliance is core to WoW. I mean, I can't imagine Blizzcon without all the faction shouting.

Plus, an armstice makes sense, ending a war makes sense but being friends? Nah, not really, there is still a lot of bad blood between the factions, I don't think the NE can forgive teldrassil, the kul tirans cant forgive daelin's murder, most humans abhor the idea of the undead, basically, every race has a reason to be wary of the horde.
    ''Daelins murder''. You mean how he started attacking them and they fought back?

Yeah, how dare they defend themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They effectively are in all relevant respects.
    No. You can't form guilds with people from the other realms, you can't trade stuff with them other than the loot in a dungeon, probably other things too.

No. You can't form guilds with people from the other realms, you can't trade stuff with them other than the loot in a dungeon, probably other things too.
    You can do all of those things on connected realms. Seems like you mistook CRZ for connected realms.

The only difference between connected and singular realms is that connected realms can have multiple characters with the same name(one per named realm). They effectively act as namespaces.
    Last edited by huth; 2019-11-17 at 03:04 PM.