Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Again, given the nature of the one directing the conflict, I'm not really sure I find fault with that. Sylvanas was *not* on the side of the Horde, and neither were her loyalists at the end of the day.
    How convenient for him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Beardly Potential > Human Potential
    Dwarves are the best thing in the Alliance
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    i know, but that swiss cheese level plot hole is everywhere. i mean after suramar and all, Thalysra was all like "Im off to ashenvale to kill drooods!" (if she doesnt say that shes not helping the horde, if she says that she proves tyrande right lol). and then she is all "sylvanas bad" and now everyone is chummy with each other.
    Was Thalysra even there?

I thought it was just her being stuck aligned with horde forces after the war of thorns broke out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    He saw their request as them asking for help, which Baine saw as not having enough resources or soldiers to help them. When the vulpera showed they could be a proper asset to the horde he realised their worth.

Seriously if this was a garrosh situation where the vulpera asked to join and he said no because he saw them as weak, only for them to prove their worth and him changing his mind, the people complaining about this thing with Baine wouldn't bat an eyelid to garrosh doing the same?
    This fan community is so bloody toxic something..
    Hell, he accepted weak Pandaren without batting an eye.

Literally he should have known much of the Vulpera by this point, he should been a bit more excited over the literal proactive attempt to join. Not even the Blood Elves were fully on board and Thrall was just, "Close enough!"

But hey, blanket statements cause I am not on board with the so-passive-he-doesn't-lead Baine.

Afterthought; Hell the last bit is even more amusing. A newcomer has to REMIND Baine, a dude that's been about since the start of WoW, under the tutelage of Cairne of all people, what it is to be Horde. That just makes this scene worse.
    Last edited by Paraka; 2019-11-12 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Hell, he accepted weak Pandaren without batting an eye.

Literally he should have known much of the Vulpera by this point, he should been a bit more excited over the literal proactive attempt to join. Not even the Blood Elves were fully on board and Thrall was just, "Close enough!"
    Pandaren are not physically weak at all though.
    They may be "fat", but not weak by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Pandaren are not physically weak at all though.
    They may be "fat", but not weak by any means.
    This ^
    The pandaren came with unique fighting styles and resources that even idiot garrosh could see. The vulpera where small group of desert dwellers that hadn't shown much aside from to the player character at that point, so of course baine hadn't yet seen their potential at that time.

dont even care. my characters are now neutral of alliance and horde. baine can turn the Horde into longhorn steakhouse for all i care
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Baine? Baine fucking Bloodhoof. Of all characters, we're stuck with that dickless bull. How did it come to this??

You guys are putting more thought into this than Blizz has. Notice how zero text for the council forming has shown up on the PTR: it's not in place yet in Horde society.

Quote Originally Posted by Langusta View Post
    Well, the good thing is with current pattern he will die or be replaced in 2 expansions
    Honestly, I don't think that'll be the case. He's basically what all the ally fanbois wanted, so there's 90% of the bitching gone already.

I mean he is the most diplomatic of them. Did you want someone all "rargh smashy smash" in that chair negotiating treaties with new allied races? Sylvanas sucked at it. Remember her hype crew? https://www.wowhead.com/npc=133407/a...guard#comments
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

3+ Year Old Account
    It saddens me how the poor writing has butchered Baine’s character. As the son of the baddest Tauren on the planet he had a lot of potential and they flushed it down the drain. Remember, this is a Tauren capable of ripping Garrosh Hellscream in half, like his alternate universe self did when Cairne was killed by Garrosh during their fight. He could have been, and should have been, pretty damn awesome.

Edit: that being said, I do like Baine and I really don’t understand the level of hatred towards his character. I don’t think that he’s a coward or that he licks the boots of the Alliance; I believe that he acts the way he does because of his deep-rooted concern for the survival of the Tauren and for most of the Horde as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Dwarves are the best thing in the Alliance
    Which is why the Dwarves need to come to the Horde. We need those epic and lush beards.
    Last edited by Aleloron; 2019-11-12 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Added a Comment
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

The vehement hate for Baine by some players is beyond irrational. You are just angry the Horde is not led by a hot-headed warmonger (yes most of these strong anti-Baine types are avid Garrosh fans).

Baine is the most non-confrontational, passive racial leader in the entire Horde. It makes sense that they'd use him for welcoming new members to the Horde since I'm sure he makes at least a good diplomat if you're trying to foster a friendship.

However, people absolutely fucking hate passive characters in general, as shown by the fact that a lot of Horde players still would side with Sylvanas over him, even though she was (is?) planning on literally killing everyone, which shows they'd rather die for someone who sees them as "nothing" and "tin soldiers playing at war" than follow a passive character. And that's not unique to Baine/Sylvanas. It's part of why in literature you want to avoid making your main character passive. And there's a difference between "peaceful" and "passive". Baine just happens to be both. There's so much he could have done against Sylvanas but he chose to simply let things flow until other people decided to take action in his stead.

He'll never be Cairne, and has a rather unimpressive track record so far and has shown that he can be kept "in line" by fear. As for his dealings with the Alliance... I really don't care. The Horde wasn't created as a response to the Alliance, in fact, it was the other way around, for the old Horde, at least, which means the old Horde predates it, and the new Horde initially had no beef with it and has actually worked alongside it on multiple occasions (which makes it harder for me to understand why people are so shocked. Like, the FOUNDER of the new Horde was best friends with Jaina). I just can't be assed to care about that. But I 100% understand that people don't like Baine.

Personally, despite his faults, I'm mostly just neutral towards him. I do like that he's not some bloodthirsty warrior or something because the Horde doesn't all have to be defined by that one thing. Blood Elves are also not that thing, but people have been saying BEs are no true Scotsmen since they were punted into the Horde anyway (it's true their ties didn't start as strong as the other races, but that's why they start as neutral, rather than friendly).
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Soon i can meet up with the true Warchief "Garrosh" in the shadowlands and hopefully blizzard gives me the options to leave this faction of traitors and backstabbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    This is just the way Blizzard writes. The Alliance was always supposed to be a council, but they invented the High King position to justify Varian and Anduin doing everything because keeping everyone involved is too complicated for them.

They aren't going to have every single leader involved in every single event, even if they logically should. Most decisions are still going to be made by one or two leaders. We'll probably see some of Thrall whenever they can get Metzen back, but figured Baine's VA was more reliable so he's the "default" guy.
    How dare you inject real world reasons and logic into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Did you want someone all "rargh smashy smash" in that chair negotiating treaties with new allied races?
    Yes they do, and everything else as well.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2019-11-12 at 06:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean he is the most diplomatic of them. Did you want someone all "rargh smashy smash" in that chair negotiating treaties with new allied races? Sylvanas sucked at it. Remember her hype crew? https://www.wowhead.com/npc=133407/a...guard#comments
    Sylvanas actively went out of her way to send people to bring races into the Horde and to cut the Zandalari slack after the attack on Dazar'alor. A race literally went all the way to Orgrimmar to ask Baine to join and he told them to go away. This despite her whole goal being to get everyone involved killed and failing at her job. The vulpera had to resolve all the things Baine had already fucked up in his short tenure before he changed his mind, even though he'd spent the first half of the expansion in Dazar'alor, apparently scratching his balls since he neither helped the Zandalari nor learned that the vulpera could be useful.

The sentiment he expressed that they should not accept more people when the Horde is in bad straits is a good one. That he knew fuck all about the people he rejected and that the problems he couldn't solve were successfully handled by a tribe of desert furries, but he, despite being functionally the Warchief of the Horde, couldn't do it, makes him appear incompetent instead. A Baine who carries this sentiment forward and also has two brain cells to rub together would be a marginally improved Baine.

@Aucald

I mean, Baine didn't know any of this and still doesn't, so this retroactive morality doesn't apply, but that actually doesn't matter. His intervention into the Derek situation meant that several more people went to the Maw, on his own side, than if the plan had gone off without a hitch, where it would've been four tops. Those Forsaken officers and rangers, he offed who would've become good Calia drones are now burning in hell.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-11-12 at 07:11 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Screw Baine, I want a Warchief that doesn't suck. Like Garrosh or early Thrall.

Go'el, Vol'jin and Baine are retarded Alliance bootlickers. Sylvanas is just plain evil, was okay at first but doesn't quite fit the Horde because she's an Elf.

Well who cares, its different in 2 years anyway xd

3+ Year Old Account
    The Council rules the horde. Baine is the spokesman