7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    What do you not understand about Alliance High Elves?
    what you do not understand about the race already being playable? just because you put "alliance" before, it don't change things,it don't make different

Why are you even in this thread?
    for the same reason this thread still exist i guess

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd even be ok with if Nightfallen became an Allied Race for Alliance instead

People who just say shit like "y'all just want some fair-skin blue eyes races" with the subtext of trying to be racist are just missing the point that people have different opinions.

I play male characters only and it's a vastly agreed upon opinion that Night Elf Males look shitty, which is why so many are Females.

Void Elves, while having better models because obv it's just a copy/paste model, have lame skin options and a shitty void transform.

High Elves, while apparently "boring" (which I doubt because even the detractors want these options available for Blood Elves), have cooler aesthetics and lore.

But just give me a damn good elf I can play and I wouldn't give a shit what gets added past that.

I'm hoping the extra customizations coming to Night Elves proves good, then it's just a matter of getting Elven Paladins and I'll be square.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you even in this thread?
    Some people want to shut down the High Elf request because they know that Blizzard actually hasn't given a hard 'no' and are afraid it'll actually happen.

Because if you actually look at the history of WoW's addition. If something hasn't been given a hard 'no' it eventually gets added, even if it takes half to a full decade lol. And sometimes, even something that does get a "no" like transmog, gets added eventually anyway too.

And these same people just don't absolutely ever want to see any semblance of playable Alliance High Elves. So they'll keep trying to go, "stop asking they're never gonna give it" "just stop asking" "this thread shouldn't exist" "they should kill all high elves" (so BE die too yes? ) "Blizzard said no"

all in an effort to get the people requesting to stop. Which is the surest way to make sure something won't get added (stop asking). That's why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, because Alliance Quel'dorei would be cool I guess, but the fact is that they're not coming to the Alliance. For whatever reason Blizzard decided to crap out a awful race (void elves) to 'appease' the people wanting high elves. Idk how they thought that would work, but that's what they did. For those of you who think 'well they may add a regular skin to the void elves' I don't see that happening. From what I've read and watched they said they are adding customization to the ORIGINAL races + blood elves and draenei. They may change that at some point but those were the words used.
    All they've said is that Allied Races aren't getting extra customization right now. Not that they never will.
    As much as it's going to anger people to read this it's more likely they give Sin'dorei a blue eye option. I'm not 100% up on Sin'dorei lore but from what I've been told and red their eyes change colors based off the magic they draw upon/infuse themsleves with? Fel - Green, Light - Gold, Arcane - Blue. That information could be wrong however as Blizzard is trash at lore and are always changing it, honestly there is no point in trying to keep up with lore anymore with how often they take a fresh hot dump on it.
    Lore doesn't factor into these updates, hence getting Dark Trolls playable (a race where only 1 exists). All appearances will be available immediately, nothing to unlock, thus no lore involved.

But ofc people can RP what they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Lore doesn't factor into these updates, hence getting Dark Trolls playable (a race where only 1 exists). All appearances will be available immediately, nothing to unlock, thus no lore involved.

But ofc people can RP what they wish.

Lore should factor into everything at least that's how it should be if a company respects their fans time and dedication. But they've pretty much stated they don't give a fuck about it anymore.

Also, oh boy oh boy. Can't wait to see all those races/clans/etc that shouldn't be around all over Stormwind and Org with a long list of snowflakey reasons as to why -their- toon is special and has a reason to exist. People have the right to rp w/e they want. It's their $15, doesn't mean I gotta acknowledge 'em.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

5+ Year Old Account
    Lore should factor into everything at least that's how it should be if a company respects their fans time and dedication. But they've pretty much stated they don't give a fuck about it anymore.

Also, oh boy oh boy. Can't wait to see all those races/clans/etc that shouldn't be around all over Stormwind and Org with a long list of snowflakey reasons as to why -their- toon is special and has a reason to exist. People have the right to rp w/e they want. It's their $15, doesn't mean I gotta acknowledge 'em.
    Yeah I agree with everything you're saying here.

Honestly it feels void elves were a race they just crapped out in order to try and appease people.
    This is the real problem, really: void elves are crappy. Their lore is shallow, there was no care about their introduction, nor any opportunity for players to empathyze with them.

Blizzard could have avoided the entire issue if void elves were given more attention in 7.3. Their introduction could have been better, and more high elf lore and NPCs could have been used in their creation. Their customization options could also be more varied without stepping on blood elf territory.

Void elves were created for BfA and barely used in it. We are going to have the biggest Void patch yet and they have no meaningful role in it. They are so crappy that not even Blizzard knows what to do with them.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-11-11 at 11:29 PM.
    Whatever...

Some people want to shut down the High Elf request because they know that Blizzard actually hasn't given a hard 'no' and are afraid it'll actually happen.

Because if you actually look at the history of WoW's addition. If something hasn't been given a hard 'no' it eventually gets added, even if it takes half to a full decade lol. And sometimes, even something that does get a "no" like transmog, gets added eventually anyway too.

And these same people just don't absolutely ever want to see any semblance of playable Alliance High Elves. So they'll keep trying to go, "stop asking they're never gonna give it" "just stop asking" "this thread shouldn't exist" "they should kill all high elves" (so BE die too yes? ) "Blizzard said no"

all in an effort to get the people requesting to stop. Which is the surest way to make sure something won't get added (stop asking). That's why.
    I mean even if they do say "no" to something, like with classic servers, that clearly doesn't mean anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    On the contrary Blizzard agrees with me since they already said playable High elves will never happen.
    Excuse me, I know you'll never answer this (because you simply can't) but...

- - - Updated - - -

Not to rain on anyone's parade, because Alliance Quel'dorei would be cool I guess, but the fact is that they're not coming to the Alliance. For whatever reason Blizzard decided to crap out a awful race (void elves) to 'appease' the people wanting high elves. Idk how they thought that would work, but that's what they did. For those of you who think 'well they may add a regular skin to the void elves' I don't see that happening. From what I've read and watched they said they are adding customization to the ORIGINAL races + blood elves and draenei. They may change that at some point but those were the words used.

As much as it's going to anger people to read this it's more likely they give Sin'dorei a blue eye option. I'm not 100% up on Sin'dorei lore but from what I've been told and red their eyes change colors based off the magic they draw upon/infuse themsleves with? Fel - Green, Light - Gold, Arcane - Blue. That information could be wrong however as Blizzard is trash at lore and are always changing it, honestly there is no point in trying to keep up with lore anymore with how often they take a fresh hot dump on it.
    One of the reasons Blizzard gave was because void elves "fit the story", but 8.3 so far is proving how big a load of bulls*** that reasoning is, considering that 8.3 is THE void patch, i.e. THE moment for void elves to shine... and yet not a single mention of void elves in the story showcased and datamined so far.

I mean... hello, Blizzard? Void patch? The best moment to develop the void elves and show how they "fit the story"? Why are they not even being mentioned?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what you do not understand about the race already being playable?
    It isn't, and that's an objective fact: there is no high elf option in the Alliance banner on the character creation screen. People here haven't been asking for blood elves. They're asking for high elves. The group of Thalassian elves who reject Silvermoon's current ruling and sided with the Alliance.

Related question: do you approve of the nightborne in the Horde?
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2019-11-12 at 03:51 AM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    One of the reasons Blizzard gave was because void elves "fit the story", but 8.3 so far is proving how big a load of bulls*** that reasoning is, considering that 8.3 is THE void patch, i.e. THE moment for void elves to shine... and yet not a single mention of void elves in the story showcased and datamined so far.

I mean... hello, Blizzard? Void patch? The best moment to develop the void elves and show how they "fit the story"? Why are they not even being mentioned?
    Yeah. And, when you think about it, many of the allied races did not "fit the story".

Void elves? No special purpose. Mag'har? Taken out of an alternate timeline, and in the end also have no special role. Mechagnomes? A complete tangent from the BfA story. Dark irons? Also no meaningful role (heck, Blizzard even hinted that they'd be important because they would find a secret about Azerite and be able to mine it in deep places, but that never came into being in the actual story).

"We will add allied races that fit the story" was total bollocks. Blizzard's main narrative device is the rule of cool.
    Whatever...

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean even if they do say "no" to something, like with classic servers, that clearly doesn't mean anything.
    Yeah, especially when they keep throwing in High Elves on the Alliance.

You would think if they didn't want people to keep asking about em they'd just not show them alongside Alliance. But even BfA, coming off Legion with that Elisande cinematic, has Alliance High Elves.

Heck, one is even on an island expedition team. Horde doesn't have any equivalent of an unplayable race like that on their island teams.

And what's funny is it's the icy/blue Human, High Elf, and Night Elf that are the counter to the fiery/red Blood Elven team.

While Void Elves are the counter to Nightborne.

5+ Year Old Account
    Eh, well... They appear, but not doing anything important. They appear being controlled by N'zoth, the void, or whatever.

So, the race that is defined by it's connection and knowledge of the void, getting controlled by it and not doing anything else of noting... Void elves are just a bunch of losers who aren't getting proper development and that at the end of the day are a discount race with no real background whatsoever. And there are people supporting it, yeah, what a way of telling Blizzard to sell crap...

There are -months- ahead before 8.3 arrives, and I really hope they do something for Void elves to give them some damn meat, since it's the only playable race who is so goddamn barebones and nobody that loves the lore should praise that.

Maybe this is the reason why some people that like Void elves are so mad, they doesn't like the idea of another actually seeded race from the lore of Warcraft to be released alongside Void elves, the most void character option that we have ever had.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2019-11-12 at 04:02 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    "We will add allied races that fit the story" was total bollocks. Blizzard's main narrative device is the rule of cool.
    I think what happened was this:

"People are already discussing the potential for races that haven’t even been announced. What’s the long-term plan?

We have it all planned out. It’s certainly possible come year-end that we might make some changes based on what we’ve learned and what we’ve seen, but we definitely have a plan."

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...-azeroth-races

This was obvious from seeing Vulpera and Mechagnomes. Even Ion when revealing it said "I'm sure as a surprise to no one" lol. They would've happened regardless of player input.

I think BFA's races were already planned, going forward it'll be interesting to see what pops up now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Yeah. And, when you think about it, many of the allied races did not "fit the story".

Void elves? No special purpose. Mag'har? Taken out of an alternate timeline, and in the end also have no special role. Mechagnomes? A complete tangent from the BfA story. Dark irons? Also no meaningful role (heck, Blizzard even hinted that they'd be important because they would find a secret about Azerite and be able to mine it in deep places, but that never came into being in the actual story).

Oh yes, some should write this into their brain. Allied races are a cool idea that have ended up being bullshit for most of the part. Blizzard is nobody's friend.

They're opposite scenarios, and the fact that Classic servers did eventually happen that it's only proved to be true even more.

Blizzard wants to make money, but they have their own view on how the game should function. Creating High Elves is something the devs are against directly. Classic servers were literally just them not thinking it would make them money. They didn't care one way or the other if they happened. That "you think you do but you don't" line was always about Blizzard assuming nobody actually wanted Classic servers.

There is no literal direct proof of any dev saying "we don't like High Elves being playable" but there's a lot of Ion repeating the same answer when asked. There's also their commentary about creating the Void Elves, and how their unique design was out of a desire to make them unique. It's not something High Elves in their current form can fulfill.

So, until there is a shift in opinion of the devs or if the current devs mostly leave the team, High Elves will not come.

Yeah, especially when they keep throwing in High Elves on the Alliance.

You would think if they didn't want people to keep asking about em they'd just not show them alongside Alliance. But even BfA, coming off Legion with that Elisande cinematic, has Alliance High Elves.

Heck, one is even on an island expedition team. Horde doesn't have any equivalent of an unplayable race like that on their island teams.

And what's funny is it's the icy/blue Human, High Elf, and Night Elf that are the counter to the fiery/red Blood Elven team.

While Void Elves are the counter to Nightborne.
    Yeah I mean since classic there have been High Elf NPCs in the game. The Silver Covenant in Dalaran was on the side of the Alliance. High Elves have again and again been shown to be on the side of the Alliance. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if all that negative talk regarding High Elves was to hide the fact they're gonna get an updated model in the near future, with them being a playable a race and a story focus on them. If they have a surprise like that in store, it would make sense for them to intentionally mislead people.

Yeah I mean since classic there have been High Elf NPCs in the game. The Silver Covenant in Dalaran was on the side of the Alliance. High Elves have again and again been shown to be on the side of the Alliance. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if all that negative talk regarding High Elves was to hide the fact they're gonna get an updated model in the near future, with them being a playable a race and a story focus on them. If they have a surprise like that in store, it would make sense for them to intentionally mislead people.
    I'm afraid that you're giving too much credit to Blizzard here. I think they just don't care nor think about it, hence why there is probably more named NPC among the High Elves than the Gnomes or Worgens, or Draeneï, at that point in time.

Regarding the Void Elves, I'm really sad that Blizzard is once again missing an opportunity to develop them, when they sorely needed them. But then again, all Allied Races have been gimmicks in BFA, save the Kul Tirans and Zandalari. It's sad for me especially for the LF and VE, since the formers have no story or character of note (except Telaamon who died) and the latters had that little tidbit of interesting lore with Umbric in the War Campaign and what it could hint with them forging a new society.

But Blizzard probably doesn't even know if they can reproduce or not, and I just wait the tweet where it'll be revealed that they are just cursed elves like worgens are cursed humans.

Of course, none of those problems would exists if they hadn't been dmb as fuck and released HE instead of VE.

Excuse me, I know you'll never answer this (because you simply can't) but...
    In fact I already answered that.

No. This is not THE void patch because N'Zoth is just a minion of the Void Lords. Following your logic this is the same thing for the Forsaken in the Naxxramas patch of Classic. That was supposed to be THE Scourge patch and they did absolutely nothing. Also we know Alleria seeks to fight N'Zoth. Also it's incorrect to say they do nothing since we explore a possible future in which they succumb to the whispers. Also they were introduced in 7.3.5 to tie into Alleria's storyline in Mac'aree, which was a major arc of 7.3.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    In fact I already answered that.
    No.

No. This is not THE void patch because N'Zoth is just a minion of the Void Lords. Following your logic this is the same thing for the Forsaken in the Naxxramas patch of Classic. That was supposed to be THE Scourge patch and they did absolutely nothing. Also we know Alleria seeks to fight N'Zoth. Also it's incorrect to say they do nothing since we explore a possible future in which they succumb to the whispers. Also they were introduced in 7.3.5 to tie into Alleria's storyline in Mac'aree, which was a major arc of 7.3.
    Oh, so you are just gonna elevate the standard for it so you can have an excuse out of nowhere?

Void elves suck so much balls that they have not developed anything to give them some meat for all of BfA, I am waiting for the developers to give them some development for 8.3, the patch is just a pair of months ahead and there are only hints of Void elves being losers controlled by the powers they tried to control, what a shame. It's almost as if the same developers that placed them in the game can't get themselves into caring about the garbage they have done, wow.

It's a void patch, it doesn't have to be 'THE BIG VOID EVENT OF WOW' for them to do or to advance or to have SOMETHING, that is a bad excuse to hide the truth.

If they were High elves nobody would have complained for more than a pity week, Blood elves would have not spit on what they learned through the events of the fall of Quel'thalas and it's rebirth, we would not have any single playable option that is literally void of character and background but something that has been rooted in the lore for more than a decade would have been on it's place.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2019-11-12 at 08:44 AM.

I wouldn't be as dismissive of void elves as you @Aldo Hawk (because the war campaign and incursions where they use the Void against the Zandalari and all, which hinted at some very interesting potential) but I'm pretty sure that the 8.3 story for Alleria was never meant to forshadow VE. For me, it was just all an opportunity to have a powerful Void user in the Alliance, the "balance" to the dark powers of the Banshee Queen.

I think I came back to finally play Legion already knowing what the AR would be and being extremely disappointed with the VE. They have grown on me but they'd need so much work and time dedicated to just them to be fleshed out that Blizzard won't ever give us that.

High Elves already had that fleshing out and more. They had potential viable locations - since Telogrus makes even Durotar look like a fertile place (Dalaran or, my favorite, a new and improved Quel'Danil Lodge becoming the start of a new HE city in the Hinterlands, linked to Aerie Peak, and now Stromgarde and thus Khaz Modan), a leader (Vereesa), a theme (the actual rejection of arcane dependence) and an army (the Silver Covenant).

But alas, they are still languishing in the strange zone where they appear en masse more often than any other race save Humans in the Alliance but are still not playable
    Last edited by Manariel; 2019-11-12 at 09:06 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    I wouldn't be as dismissive of void elves as you @Aldo Hawk (because the war campaign and incursions where they use the Void against the Zandalari and all, which hinted at some very interesting potential) but I'm pretty sure that the 8.3 story for Alleria was never meant to forshadow VE. For me, it was just all an opportunity to have a powerful Void user in the Alliance, the "balance" to the dark powers of the Banshee Queen.

I think I came back to finally play Legion already knowing what the AR would be and being extremely disappointed with the VE. They have grown on me but they'd need so much work and time dedicated to just them to be fleshed out that Blizzard won't ever give us that.

High Elves already had that fleshing out and more. They had potential locations (Dalaran or, my favorite, a new and imprived Quel'Danil Lodge becoming the start of a new HE city in the Hinterlands, linked to Aerie Peak, and now Stromgarde and thus Khaz Modan), a leader (Vereesa), a theme (the actual rejection of arcane dependence) and an army (the Silver Covenant).

But alas, they are still languishing in the strange zone where they appear en masse more often than any other race save Humans in the Alliance but are still not playable
    I am sorry, but I can't help myself into not voicing up how crappy Void elves are when we have someone in this thread trying to make the request of High elves about fucking Void elves dude. And others throwing Void elves here and there in the discussion when nobody can't give a fuck about them anymore.

So that is what I will say, that they are a damn shame for the development and that the development team should have thought about it very well since now they have left this scar on the Alliance, the Blood elves, the lore, and everything that Void elves are slightly related to.

So yeah, even tho I want them to make Void elves great, I will voice how much of a pile of shit they are as long as we have people bothering in the High elf requests by mentioning how much Void elves replace High elves and how much anything that could go to High elves should not only go to Blood elves but Void elves too.

I am sorry, but if that is gonna be the game that is being played, I can play it too, remember Tenebra's quote 'I can also play this game'. Yeah, as if you weren't doing it all the time.

Void elves suck balls so hard that the people that created them can't get themselves into caring about their own creation, and the dev team is torturing the lore again and again and Void elves are just but a big evidence on how much they are willing to stretch shit. They are stretching lore so much that I am AMAZED that they are (FOR NOW) handling Shadowlands' lore so well, even tho they have modified Sylvanas' motivations again, remember Sylvanas cursing Vol'jin for making her Warchief on her internal dialog? Yeah, her becoming warchief was planned all along oh wow such expectations... And we will see if the helm of domination and Frostmourne were actually crafted by the Nathrezim in the Shadowlands or just... Stolen from there... And yes, they are toying with that...

Void elves are the usurpers of what should have been another thing that has been AWAITED from the playerbase for over a decade, and me being one who didn't wanted anything special for the Alliance in the first place, was not able to believe my fucking eyes when I was seeing the characteristics trailer of BfA and just for a second I thought they actually brought the awaited High elves to the Alliance, but seemed fucking odd and then I discovered they were all purple for some reason, and then discovered they were called Void elves for some reason, and then discovered they were Blood elves just some days ago, and then discovered that the Blood elves were treated as stupid plot device for them, and then I learned that Blood elves from now on will have the dumb hat whenever Void elves are slightly mentioned...

At least I got Nightborne, yay...!

Void elves are trash, and they don't deserve to irrupt in requests for High elves, different things, different means, let it go and move your path.

Just talk about High elves and leave it be where it belongs.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2019-11-12 at 09:24 AM.

Regarding an eventual High Elves AR, here is how I would do it to solve some of the problems Blizzard seems to have with them.

Lorewise
    After the incident with Alleria and then the emergence of the Void Elves, fear for the safety of the Sunwell has grown among the citizenry of Quel'Thalas. Using it to his advantage, Rommath pushed for HE pilgrims to be banned from Quel'Danas out of fear that some could be Void-tainted.

Then, he went a step further with the help of the Nightborns and the approval of Lor'themar and Liandrin. They devised a way to utterly sever the connection between HE and the Sunwell. The reasoning would be that strengthening enemies of the Horde, and thus Quel'Thalas, must stop.

Unlike when it was destroyed, this magical act will deeply affect the HE, whose bodies will still be washed by the Sunwell energies but not sustained by it. In fact, they wouldn't even feel it.

This would lead to rapide physical changes (minors ones, but the HE would be redesigned based on a Nightfallen skeleton tweaked to better fit them) and the rise among them of the idea that they aren't children of Quel'thalas anymore. Vereesa would lead her people out of Dalaran to Quel'Danil, where the Highvale Elves would help all the remaining HE deal with the withdrawal. A new city, named Quel'Danil would then start to emerge.

Gameplay
    As stated above, the appearance of the HE would be distinct from the VE and BE, their ties to Quel'Thalas, while important, would change deeply in a significant way (let the VE be the ones dreaming of regime change in Silvermoon!).

With new racials and a recruiting quest where they repel local trolls, bolstered by Forsakens and other Horde forces unhappy with the reinforcement of Alliance settlements in the region, they'd prove their worth and start a new chapter in the story of the High Elves.