Nov 8 Hotfixes, WoW Classic Update Schedule, Upgrading Your Version of Shadowlands

Our friends at Hearthpwn have the Descent of Dragons Cards and a Hearthstone Battlegrounds Hero Tier List

Patch 8.2.5 Hotfixes - November 8, 2019
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW Classic
    • Guards will now correctly be more willing to assist players in PvP combat who have Friendly or higher standing with them. However, they will continue to not assist players with Neutral standing.
    • Corrected an issue that was causing Onyxia to fail to clear the threat of the primary target of her Fireball ability.

WoW Classic Update Schedule and Free Character Moves
    Next week, we will take multiple steps to prepare for the release of the PvP Honor system and World Bosses at 11:00 a.m. PST on Thursday, November 14. Here’s an outline of those steps.

Monday, November 11 – Updates to Free Character Moves**
    At 11:00 a.m. PST on Monday, we will update the Free Character Move service.

• Free Character Moves from all realms to Sul’thraze (Brazil) and Loatheb (Mexico) will be closed at this time.
    • Free Character Moves will no longer be available from Atiesh, Benediction, or Yojamba (Australia).
    • The following Free Character Moves will be available: US List / EU List

We strongly suggest that any players planning to use a Free Character Move do so as soon as possible. Free Character Moves may be disabled without warning at any time.

Tuesday, November 12 – All Realms to One Layer
    With scheduled weekly maintenance beginning at 7:00 a.m. PST on Tuesday, all WoW Classic realms will be set to a single-layer. We expect some realms listed above to experience long queues after this step. We especially encourage players on Arugal , Faerlina , Herod , and Whitemane to use the Free Character Move service to avoid excessive queues.

Thursday, November 14 – PVP Honor System and World Bosses
    At 11:00 a.m. PST on Thursday, the update will occur for all realms in this region. The PvP Honor system will come online, and it will become possible for Azuregos and Kazzak to spawn.

Thank you very much!

Upgrading Your Version of Shadowlands
    We have seen some questions about how upgrades will work for the different versions of Shadowlands. While the process is similar to the last expansion, we want to take a moment to clarify how upgrades will work for some of the most common situations.

Upgrading from Any Digital Version to Collector’s Edition
    If you purchase any digital copy of Shadowlands (Base, Heroic, or Epic), and then upgrade to the Collector’s Edition in the future, we will automatically credit you the cost of the digital copy in Blizzard Balance - as long as you enter the Collector’s Edition key before a future deadline. When you enter the key from your Collector’s Edition, we will see the original transaction on your account and the credit will be added. We will have details on this deadline when we have more information to share regarding the Collector’s Edition.

Upgrading from Base Edition to Heroic or Epic Edition then to Collector’s Edition
    If you purchase the Base Edition of Shadowlands, then upgrade to the Heroic or Epic Edition, and THEN upgrade to the Collector’s Edition, your Blizzard Balance will be the price you paid for the original Base Edition.

Upgrading from Heroic to Epic Edition then to Collector’s Edition
    If you purchase the Heroic Edition of Shadowlands, then upgrade to the Epic Edition, and THEN upgrade to the Collector’s Edition, your Blizzard Balance will be the price you paid for the original Heroic Edition.

Upgrading from Base Edition to Heroic or Epic Edition
    If you purchase the Base Edition of Shadowlands, you will be able to upgrade to the Heroic or Epic Edition for the difference in cost between the versions.
    Last edited by chaud; 2019-11-10 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slow news day again?

Got flags setup to instantly alert me when the Collector's Edition starts to become available for pre-order.
    Really wish they'd just make that happen at the same time as digital pre-orders...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Got flags setup to instantly alert me when the Collector's Edition starts to become available for pre-order.
    Really wish they'd just make that happen at the same time as digital pre-orders...
    Yes same here, the stupid 15-year Aniversary one cost me $150 since they sold out so fast. I thought that the epic version would be the CE version..
    This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.

I suggest avoiding that tier list. It's very inaccurate.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...iers_based_on/ if you're looking for one. Some issues with how they parsed their data, but way better than that troll of a list from hearthpwn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They probably haven't finalised the collector's edition. Digital is easy to offer in advance, you simply charge people and make a note on their account.
    Physical on the other hand? You've got to deal with suppliers and manufacturers, and logistics. They could finalise it this early from launch, but over the next year, variables could change which render that a risky option. A supplier could pull out, they could revise what the box includes, etc etc and it would be too late.

I don't see why it's a big deal? The game still comes out when it comes out. Makes no difference if you pay now or in 6 months, you're still pre-ordering.

Finally, they are handling the Collector's edition intelligently. It's about time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    Yes same here, the stupid 15-year Aniversary one cost me $150 since they sold out so fast. I thought that the epic version would be the CE version..
    At least you were able to get it. I preordered mine from Target, paid them the money, and then a week before release they sent me an email that basically said “our bad, dawg” and refunded my money. Assholes.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

I have all the CE including non wow games and pre wow era of warcraft also. And with every game they really makes me amazed that they remove content after content. All items are digital in a PHYSICAL collectors edition. LAst year giving soundtrack as a digital code and then putting same album on spotify was my last line. Never getting those CE'S again ever!

Buying the physical base edition as usual, then I will probably upgrade it with the heroic digital as usual.

All my Blizzard games (basically every one since WC2 and excluding Overwatch) are physical.

Well that explains all these times I got double tapped or even triple tapped by Onyxia's fireballs at least

Rofl, don't know why they think people will transfer off the populated realms to these dead realms, we'd rather wait in a queue then suffer not getting dungeons because the realm is dead. People are already wondering when paid transfers will come so they can get OFF realms like Heartseeker (specially horde side)

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    They probably haven't finalised the collector's edition. Digital is easy to offer in advance, you simply charge people and make a note on their account.
    Physical on the other hand? You've got to deal with suppliers and manufacturers, and logistics. They could finalise it this early from launch, but over the next year, variables could change which render that a risky option. A supplier could pull out, they could revise what the box includes, etc etc and it would be too late.

I don't see why it's a big deal? The game still comes out when it comes out. Makes no difference if you pay now or in 6 months, you're still pre-ordering.
    It's a big deal because they continue to make too few of them, meaning if you're late to the party you might not get your hands on it. This was never more apparent than with the 15th anniversary CE.
    If they accepted pre-orders on physical CE's, they could at least get a pointer on how many to produce at minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    I have all the CE including non wow games and pre wow era of warcraft also. And with every game they really makes me amazed that they remove content after content. All items are digital in a PHYSICAL collectors edition. LAst year giving soundtrack as a digital code and then putting same album on spotify was my last line. Never getting those CE'S again ever!
    Ah yes, because why not change as the technology changes...? People still laugh when a game is released on CD only, if any still are. And who uses CDs for music still? Not a whole lot.

You still get plenty of things in the physical collector's editions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    I got one on clearance and then got it all back on my blizzard balance when I did the upgrade.

15+ Year Old Account
    I assume that guard aggro thing is because low level people were shadowmelding on top of a flightmaster, making people accidentally one shot them and aggroing the guards?

I never knew that there was a reputation bound change to guard aggro range.

im just gonna get base edition like always.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Finally, they are handling the Collector's edition intelligently. It's about time.
    Finally? It's worse then ever. If you buy basic and then upgrade, you only get basic returned, so wasted the money on the upgrade. But if you buy epic or heroic and then CE, you get the epic or heroic returned. It's ridiculous. They should just refund whatever version you have at the time of adding the CE, no matter if you bought that directly or went through an upgrade. It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Finally? It's worse then ever. If you buy basic and then upgrade, you only get basic returned, so wasted the money on the upgrade. But if you buy epic or heroic and then CE, you get the epic or heroic returned. It's ridiculous. They should just refund whatever version you have at the time of adding the CE, no matter if you bought that directly or went through an upgrade. It's not that hard.
    I should rephrase. There are issues here, obvious ones. The key here is if you buy basic and upgrade, then get collector's edition, you get screwed. but why would you do that? Hell, if you plan on getting the CE... why would you get anything other than the basic version?

I mean for people who don't know and happen to do that, that would suck. But at least they are returning money for those who upgrade this time, instead of "lolol give a free copy to your friends!!!111!1"

It's not perfect, but it's at least acceptable. That's a big step for Blizz. And it's not perfect in that it's Blizzard balance... but what are ya gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

This. I'm planning to let my game time run out in Jan 2020, wait and then hit the pre-order and put in game time when the 9.0 pre-patch event hits live.