Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Ok just resort to name calling because you can't disprove anything I've said. The fact is Arthas couldn't break Bolvar when he was insanely damaged and half dead and yet you expect Arthas to take on a super buffed up Sylvanas when all lore points to her power being op atm.
    I did not name call you, I am just telling you to read up some lore because you are making things up. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I do wonder if the Frozen Throne chapter: Sylvanas's Farewell happened today people would be like "OMG SYLVANAAS OP. MARY SUE NO WAY SHE COULD DEFEAT ARTHAS RAWWRR"

I know people wanna use their rose tinted goggles to assume Sylvanas is this boring no one, who couldn't defeat anyone and Arthas was this over powered god, but she has always been very cunning in her actions. And this video was back when she didn't have the buffed powers we do today... in fact the Arthas/Lich King hype is over rated, he was never that powerful. I have no idea why people put him in line with godhood.

He was defeated by Tirion of all people, not some godly being or some powerful force, a mere mortal.

Why do people hold Bolvar in an even higher esteem, Bolvar hasnt even shown much of his strength before that cinematic, people be like "But he is the Lich King he shouldn't lose to some weakling like Sylvanas". When has Sylvanas at all been portrayed as weak before now. Only now she has even more power, combined with her cunning she was bound to be this good.

The real question should be when did the Lich King armor get fitted with the Force powers? I have never seen the Lich King use telepathy to throw giant hunks of rock before. thats the real question....
    As someone who said that Sylvannas has a more then fair share chance to win with her new powers against LK Arthas -- do you even know what you're posting? Your post is inaccurate enough to call into question if you do. This Arthas is insanely weaked to the point that he couldn't even control any of his undead minions and could barely stand (In rise of the Lich King). You're currently comparing DK Arthas at less then half strength to LK Arthas at the peak of his power.

Probably Sylvanas. She's drawing power from the Jailor, which is a being of higher power than Arthas ever was. Doesn't make the writing less bad, but Sylvanas would probably win.

Sylv's level of power is in accordance to how buffed up with souls the Maw is, while Arthas's power is static, coming from two artifacts that are set in terms of power. Even if Arthas was more powerful than Sylvanas now she'd eventually surpass him.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The lead writer wants to fuck Sylvanas and has not so subtly hinted at it in tweets many times so she would win easily.

Until Danuser is gone Sylvanas will be far more powerful than any character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Title says it all.

Everyone kept saying LK shouldn't have lost but then Sylvannas has a more unique power of death. So what if we change the matchup? Sylvannas (as strong in cinematic) vs Arthas (lich king version and strongest version so in ICC 25H non80).

Thanks for answering. c:

PS If mods can add a poll. Please feel free to do so as I cannot add them, I forgot.
    Not sure but Arthas' chances would be higher than Bolvar's due to stronger power, stronger connection, sword and helm as well as Frostwyrms in larger numbers than before. Arthas would have the tennacity with the Scourge forces but even he fell victim before to Sylvanas' cunning. You would surely see a longer fight though less intense in the phase of ability wise. Arthas would take use of the Scourge, be straight up close combat while his minions wail and strike at her from a distance. Bolvar would rather use himself and the throne as a weapon, harnessing an ability Arthas didn't seem to have taken to use but might be because of it being easier to break ice appart than to create new without the sword.

So, if she is given even more power than her past self, I would sadly have to place my bet on the Bitch Queen instead of the Lich King.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post
    The lead writer wants to fuck Sylvanas and has not so subtly hinted at it in tweets many times so she would win easily.

Until Danuser is gone Sylvanas will be far more powerful than any character.
    I have this feeling that the expansion they decide to off Sylvanas will also be the last expansion he decides to work on.

Why asking what already happened?;

"When Arthas Menethil and the Scourge came to Quel'Thalas for the Sunwell, Sylvanas attempted to defend her homeland. After fighting and losing at every turn to his forces, Arthas killed her."

Quote Originally Posted by defibrillator View Post
    As someone who said that Sylvannas has a more then fair share chance to win with her new powers against LK Arthas -- do you even know what you're posting? Your post is inaccurate enough to call into question if you do. This Arthas is insanely weaked to the point that he couldn't even control any of his undead minions and could barely stand (In rise of the Lich King). You're currently comparing DK Arthas at less then half strength to LK Arthas at the peak of his power.
    You are spot on, half of the people who post here don't even know the story of Arthas correctly they probably haven't even played Warcraft 3 back in the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Sylv's level of power is in accordance to how buffed up with souls the Maw is, while Arthas's power is static, coming from two artifacts that are set in terms of power. Even if Arthas was more powerful than Sylvanas now she'd eventually surpass him.
    This is not true, Arthas power wasn't static because Frostmourne stores soles which increases it's wielders powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not sure but Arthas' chances would be higher than Bolvar's due to stronger power, stronger connection, sword and helm as well as Frostwyrms in larger numbers than before. Arthas would have the tennacity with the Scourge forces but even he fell victim before to Sylvanas' cunning. You would surely see a longer fight though less intense in the phase of ability wise. Arthas would take use of the Scourge, be straight up close combat while his minions wail and strike at her from a distance. Bolvar would rather use himself and the throne as a weapon, harnessing an ability Arthas didn't seem to have taken to use but might be because of it being easier to break ice appart than to create new without the sword.

So, if she is given even more power than her past self, I would sadly have to place my bet on the Bitch Queen instead of the Lich King.
    Her cunning move was only possible because of the crack that opened in the icy cask where the Lich King was stored. This crack worsened due to an brief attack from Illidan with the Eye of Sargeras aimed at the Frozen Throne. Which resulted in the Lich King losing power and Arthas becoming much weaker. This is how the Forsaken where born with Sylvanas leading them, they where able to break free from the will of the Lich King. She used this in her advantage which is indeed cunning. But if Arthas was still fully powered she wouldn't have stand a chance to be able to do such a move.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder if the Frozen Throne chapter: Sylvanas's Farewell happened today people would be like "OMG SYLVANAAS OP. MARY SUE NO WAY SHE COULD DEFEAT ARTHAS RAWWRR".
    You do understand what a Mary Sue is right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ksehsatoo View Post
    Why asking what already happened?;

"When Arthas Menethil and the Scourge came to Quel'Thalas for the Sunwell, Sylvanas attempted to defend her homeland. After fighting and losing at every turn to his forces, Arthas killed her."
    Ha, he wasn't even the lich king then.

Wow, a lot of people in this thread know nothing about the lore. My favorite bits : "the power of Arthas is static" (yeah, the guy who becomes more powerful as long as his sword eats souls, static, amazing !) ; "Sylvanas lost against Arthas already" (yeah, "ranger general" Sylvanas, not "Death Goddess of Doom" Sylvanas) ; and of course "Sylvanas won in WC3 already" (yeeeah, against weakened Arthas, in a surprise attack with poison arrows).

As of right now, Sylvanas wins. She's fast, she can overpower easily big warrior orcs in pure strenght (and throw giant ice wall chunks too), she has OP binding arrows, and said arrows pack enough power to blow up 8 meters ice shards easy (and they lose this destructive power when it's convinient for her to attach it to something for a future cool moment of her being a badass), she has telekinetic powers too (when she stopped Bolvar's hammer easy), she can turn into smoke, she can cast death magic doom ray, she can dodge someone without even seeing him, and I bet she's now immune to soul stealing so no Frostmourne shenanigan. Also, she's in the "plot device" tier now : as long as she's the one to push the story forward, she will get all the powers she needs to come on top. Even against Deathwing, they would find a way to make her win.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    it is really hard to say. I mean Sylvanas and her shadow magic is pretty damn strong. yes, LK with Frostmourne is strong..... but there are definitely more souls in the Maw than there would be in Frostmourne. an absolute shit-ton more. in terms of power, I think Sylvanas might just have the juice to down the LK, even with Frostmourne. Both are equally skilled fighters so it really does come down to what gives more power: Frostmourne or the souls being funnelled to Sylvanas via the Jailer. I think the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Bolvar is far stronger than Arthas and she made short work of him. Even in that fight, she still hasn't shown her full powers so she'll probably beat both of them without much trouble. The thing is Sylvanas is still getting stronger and stronger as the hungering darkness continues to grow.
    Not sure if anyone else asked this but what made Bolvar "much stronger" than Arthas? Once Bolvar put the Helm of Domination on I don't recall him doing much of anything to further empower himself? Arthas at least had Frostmourne and all the souls it had claimed ever since Arthas claimed it. Whereas Bolvar had a mace of unknown power and a unknown origin. Yes Bolvar was the LK for longer than Arthas, however Arthas was a lot more battle worn than Bolvar. When he woke he was all over Northrend in various places. Either empowering beings, killing them, or whatever. Bolvar literally never left the Frozen Throne, never even left his seat until Sylvanas came.

Again though I don't know if Bolvar empowered himself somehow during his time as the LK. I'd even say that his army was weaker than Arthas' as Bolvar doesn't seem to have wanted to increase the military might of the Scourge outside of getting his own Four Horsemen. Arthas' Scourge kept growing in power as he killed literally everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You do understand what a Mary Sue is right?
    Yes, unfortunately most people on here do not. Hence the over dramatized quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, unfortunately most people on here do not. Hence the over dramatized quote.
    Yes people do overuse it, which unfortunately means when an actual Mary Sue comes along people think it's just someone throwing the title around again for no real reason

Quote Originally Posted by trololo681 View Post
    This is underrated. Checked twitter its real.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    At this point, Sylvanas wins vs pretty much anyone in Warcraft history (including Arthas), because plot hax.

It's hard to say without really knowing the full 'power level' of Sylvanas, and even Arthas' downfall it's hard to gauge because he 1 shots the party when he's finished playing around and then is stopped when tirion strikes from behind with a deus ex machina. But probably Sylvanas with her jailor powerup. Arthas might have been stronger than Bolvar, probably was, but probably not leagues above him and Sylvanas never seemed to struggle against Bolvar.

Whomever Jailor supports.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.