Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    we don't "believe"it exist, if you cared about the story you would understand

- - - Updated - - -

what concern me more is people who can't make a difference from the game and real world, its a video o game let people "hate" fictional and non existent races who will not affect you lmao
    This two statements combined make me think you have trouble separating them tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    This two statements combined make me think you have trouble separating them tbh.
    sure,cause i spend my day killing elves irl with my butter knife

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    Alliance is doing fine, total population is actually really close, Alliance is a roleplayer faction, and the game isn't balanced around raiding, where are those LFR hero that kept saying "Mythic raiding is just 1%" when you need them.

If a Horde player is asking "Why doesn't Horde have ERP zone like Goldshire?" i'll tell them to roll Alliance instead as well.
    No it's not stop lying also horde absolutely does rofl you are dreaming if you think they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No it's not stop lying also horde absolutely does rofl you are dreaming if you think they don't.
    Not going to argue with kiddo's "Hehe i'm right you're wrong" argument.

I don't understand why people have such a hardon for removing factions. Is it inconvenient? Yes, but if everyone can play with anyone, despite faction, class, level, items etc. What is the point? There are so few things left from the original game, which made it good and interesting. All of the roots have pretty much been removed by now. It is a hard pass for me if they do this.

Ion and gang play Horde, they don't give a shite about Alliance. Horde always get away with war atrocities and have the best racials. Fuck Blizzard and their Horde favoritism

As much as story narrative goes, I do understand why they don't want to break up the factions wall, which is totally OK. But why we are not able to invite other faction players into groups and raids, as long as all have WM turned off, is beyond my understanding.

It's not like cross faction bonding, for the sake of greater good or achieving a bigger goal, that each group is unable to reach individually isn't a thing since WC3 and didn't exist partially or completely through several expansion's.
    NPC'S didn't care much if there were Tauren or Dwarves running around the sacred Paladin Orderhall, neither did Hunters, Warriors and every other Orderhall.

It's not like we have to become best friends story wise, but forming a group to complete a common task, after which everybody goes to their own faction's town to turn in the quest, would make much more sense than mercenary mode, which already exists.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Ion and gang play Horde, they don't give a shite about Alliance. Horde always get away with war atrocities and have the best racials. Fuck Blizzard and their Horde favoritism
    Not sure if you are trolling or just retarded. Best racials? Just check sims, like 75% of the dps specs has ALLIANCE races as their top dps race. Troll is good for a few, except those there are just alliance. On top of this we have the m+ scene, where nightelf + dwarf are the ONLY viable choices for competetive keys. Get your facts straight before complaining buddy.

if you want to raid or do M+ at the highest level you are at a disadvantage if you play alliance, they dont have to reconcile the factions lore wise, they just have to make it so at like at a technical game level they just let you mythic raid or do M+ with opposite faction members, like in overwatch you can play reaper and tracer on the same team, obviously it makes no sense lorewise, but for the sake of gameplay functionality it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    I just wanna raid with my buddies on both factions, how hard is that for blizz to understand???
    Ion said its a core thing for WoW to keep the factions separated.

Just a thought, people switch servers, factions and guilds to play with their "buddies" all the time if they really want to play together. This can be also used to "escape" from your "buddies" to play with other people and have more fun. Just a thought.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Ion said its a core thing for WoW to keep the factions separated.

Just a thought, people switch servers, factions and guilds to play with their "buddies" all the time if they really want to play together. This can be also used to "escape" from your "buddies" to play with other people and have more fun. Just a thought.
    would be swell if I could Raid with my guild on monday, help out my friend's casual guild on tuesday, join up with my cutting edge friends on Mythic progress on Wednesday, do some 2400+ arena push with my pvp buddies on thursday, do some casual arenas on friday and then do a weekend of Glory runs. All on one character.

I can't, because fAcTiOnS aRe mOrE ImPoRtAnT tHaN GamEPlAy

Players with so much demands are just playing multiple chars.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    These factions didn't exist until WoW though.
    well, thats not entirely true, alliance and horde DID exist, they were just different - old, demonic horde with orcs and ogres (and later amani trolls), and alliance formed to face them - humans, high elfs, dwarfs (and i believe gnomes, lorewise, although i dont think they were present in warcraft RTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Players with so much demands are just playing multiple chars.
    The devs are doing everything in their power to make alt gameplay as tidious as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So was classic for half a decade.
    well with classic there was nothing to fuck up, if it wasnt success they would just turn it off again

- - - Updated - - -

would be swell if I could Raid with my guild on monday, help out my friend's casual guild on tuesday, join up with my cutting edge friends on Mythic progress on Wednesday, do some 2400+ arena push with my pvp buddies on thursday, do some casual arenas on friday and then do a weekend of Glory runs. All on one character.

no, factions, which are PART of gameplay ar more important than opinions of few very vocal morons (thankfuly)
    something akin to mercenary system for PVE (although i would probably still leave mythic raiding out of it) i wouldnt mind, but anything further is useless and stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    Not going to argue with kiddo's "Hehe i'm right you're wrong" argument.
    It's literally the argument you made claiming that despite every stat showing otherwise that alliance and horde are totes balanced at max level.

Why do people keep asking for this? This is world of warcraft, factions are part of the franchise and so is the way they interact and play against each other, stop asking

15+ Year Old Account
    I've changed my mind a bit on this topic...

Imo they should make alliance more interesting again for all the hardcore people or stop giving the horde goodies.

Factions are not by definition a bad thing.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

In the age of faction change/race change/ fast alt leveling, whats the point of making everything accessible? If you don't like to play Horde/Alliance, then go make an alt or faction change. It is FAR easier to do than have blizz gut the whole game to remove a core feature. (And no race=/= faction is definitively dead, they will never do it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    They could simply put in a system that is the antithesis of warmode called "truce" that lets players call a truce to run a dungeon/raid together.

I always liken it back to EverQuest.
    The high elves and dark elves hate each other. If you walk into the opposite race's city, their guards will kill you on sight.
    But there were zero race restrictions in forming parties because when you're out in the wilderness looking to kill a monster or get a treasure, those racial conflicts don't carry the same weight. If it means your life or death, you look past it for the time being, you call a truce.

The logic always made sense.

Eitrigg and Tirion formed a friendship despite the Horde and Alliance being enemies. Baine and Anduin have a friendship despite the faction conflict. There are plenty of examples in lore of individuals calling a personal truce between one another despite the grander conflict of their respective nations. And these races are able to cross communicate all the time. There is no "Horde language" and "Alliance language" and nobody can understand one another. Lorewise, everything fits fine.

That way players can decide if they're willing to play a mixed group or not, faction relations can remain strained, you won't see dwarves in Orgrimmar or trolls in Stormwind, etc, etc, etc.

The only challenge is the potential for trolling with cross faction communication.
    This is how you write it to make it sound good on paper as well, just not thoughts

Just looking in this thread and other's, making this happen wouldn't hurt the player-base. Think about all the options players get with this. What we have now is just an outdated system. It's just Blizzard going safe, and I think it's a shame. Factions could still be a big part of the game, if you are Horde and hate the Alliance, go and kill em all, while those who couldn't care more about it, group up with like minded people.