Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I keep seeing people scream about "wahhh Alliance dead" when the numbers show that both sides are pretty equal: it's just that less people on Alliance give a shit about serious PVP or Heroic/Mythic raiding.

This brings up a few points:
    1) Why is a faction "dead" if it doesn't do as much higher content/is filled with more casual players?
    2) What is stopping these people from going to Horde if they are obsessed with a bigger raiding/pve community?
    3) Why can't people move on from the fact that casual play is the only reason this franchise still exists today?
    1) because people love to exaggerate
    2) the ugly races and cities stops people from going to the ugly side
    3) I think most people know this, except most people on this very forum
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Alliance is not dying in general, but for highlevel content and PvE in particular.
    In the EU if you want to go CE as Alliance you can either hope that you find a spot in that one guild that usually gets there or transfer to high-pop Alliance dominated realm where you have 5 or more CE guilds on Alliance. But there are only 3 or 4 realms for Alliance, the rest is Horde dominated.

As Horde you have just way more guilds that actually achieve CE.

So in consequence many guilds either go Horde or switch to one of the high-pop realms as the amount of players that want tto do this content declines and they have problems with recruitment, leading to more and more ghost town servers...

Alliance is fine, population-wise they're above Horde in realmpop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    You know you can buy for only few € the faction change and enjoy the game as you like.
    Tried that once, then I realized that I'm the baddie, so I went back to Alliance. Too bad, though, I like a few Horde races but the Horde writing is trash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Alliance.. Thats the faction for kids isnt it?
    That's the faction for people that don't want be a freaking cow, a derpy orc or a rotting undead and live in freaking ogrimar rofl
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Alliance.. Thats the faction for kids isnt it?
    Says a dude from the furry faction. Eww!

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Says a dude from the furry faction. Eww!
    *nudging a roster of worgen characters out of sight* Yes, Horde is the furry faction. Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    *nudging a roster of worgen characters out of sight* Yes, Horde is the furry faction. Yes...
    Tauren and vulpera. LOL.

Worgen aren't even a popular race on Alliance. There are more Tauren on Horde than Worgen on Alliance.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

And every furry will be running around as a Vulpera next patch.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-11-12 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    Exactly, high end content is just one part of the game, RP is the other part. So technically it balance itself out, one is competitive faction, one is roleplayer faction, Population wise, both faction are equal with slight advantage for Alliance.
    You are comparing RP with high end progression?? that's just dumb.

Faction imbalance is so bad at the moment that real drastic measures have to be taken to ensure equality, and those drastic measures should see horde racials completely destroyed in both PvE and PvP for about 1-2 expansions. But this will never happen.

Horde will dominate all aspects of the game until WoW ends.
    I moved to Horde in BFA, after being alliance for almost the entire game (vanilla). I hate the horde story post Thrall, their aesthetics, their cities, their themes. But it's so much easier to find M+ groups and to raid in Mythics that it's worth it if i want to continue playing. PvP is also very good due to PvPers also changing faction for the QoL Horde has.

RIP alliance, RIP playing what you enjoy.

They should change the faction descriptions:
    -Horde if you want to play the game and all it's parts
    -Alliance if you want to RP and sit in ghost towns

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaan View Post
    You are comparing RP with high end progression?? that's just dumb.

Faction imbalance is so bad at the moment that real drastic measures have to be taken to ensure equality, and those drastic measures should see horde racials completely destroyed in both PvE and PvP for about 1-2 expansions. But this will never happen.

Horde will dominate all aspects of the game until WoW ends.
    I moved to Horde in BFA, after being alliance for almost the entire game (vanilla). I hate the horde story post Thrall, their aesthetics, their cities, their themes. But it's so much easier to find M+ groups and to raid in Mythics that it's worth it if i want to continue playing. PvP is also very good due to PvPers also changing faction for the QoL Horde has.

RIP alliance, RIP playing what you enjoy.

They should change the faction descriptions:
    -Horde if you want to play the game and all it's parts
    -Alliance if you want to RP and sit in ghost towns
    There are more Alliance than Horde: https://realmpop.com/us.html

We need to close realms, and we needed that since TBC.

Playing on a high pop changed my WoW 4-ever. Back in cata I called it quits on my vanilla realm, moved to a good realm, it died, but I knew I could not go through a dead realm again so I moved to Ravencrest....And jesus its been good. My AH play sky rocketed, I earn so much more gold, I can buy boosts, find people...all that crap.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I still don't get why we can't do all content together. Still keep the factions if people can't let go of their chosen identity, but make group content outside of pvp cross-faction (and fully cross-realm, but that's another story).
    That way we can have the same pool of people and not moan about it left and right. There's so many things we accept as "gameplay mechanics" that I don't see the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I can buy boosts
    Yes, the epitome of playing. Playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I still don't get why we can't do all content together. Still keep the factions if people can't let go of their chosen identity, but make group content outside of pvp cross-faction (and fully cross-realm, but that's another story).
    That way we can have the same pool of people and not moan about it left and right. There's so many things we accept as "gameplay mechanics" that I don't see the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the epitome of playing. Playing?
    Because the game is called World of Warcraft. To allow cross faction play, would dilute it. Next they would merge the factions because no one would give a shit about their factions.

Another 'I don't care about x so nobody cares about x' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    That's the faction for people that don't want be a freaking cow, a derpy orc or a rotting undead and live in freaking ogrimar rofl
    The taurens are inspired by minotaurs. And that's ORgrimMar! I also want to remind you we have the prettiest elves with blood elves and now Nightborne (which didn't seem to choose the Alliance, despite being helped by it just as much... go figure...)

Because the game is called World of Warcraft. To allow cross faction play, would dilute it. Next they would merge the factions because no one would give a shit about their factions.
    But we already have cross-faction play. Horde already has Mercenary Mode, which compensates them in the only thing they were worse off - the random battleground queues, so technically, they have the best of both worlds.

So, the WAR in WARCraft means fuck all, pure and simple. Blizzard wants them sweet faction transfer $$ and that's that.

World of WARcraft - That's the one idiotic argument everyone seem to throw around. War against legion is still war. In Warcraft 3 there were 4 factions and nobody gave a damn we don't have 4 actual factions. Lore-wise you have races all over the factions.
    Humans are resistant to change, but no one would seriously feel it - it's not like I don't have chars on both factions, if you wanted an "undiluted" experience you'd have to choose one faction and one faction only, not play around both sides.

World of WARcraft - That's the one idiotic argument everyone seem to throw around. War against legion is still war. In Warcraft 3 there were 4 factions and nobody gave a damn we don't have 4 actual factions. Lore-wise you have races all over the factions.
    Humans are resistant to change, but no one would seriously feel it - it's not like I don't have chars on both factions, if you wanted an "undiluted" experience you'd have to choose one faction and one faction only, not play around both sides.
    No, it's based on the classic game Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. Not based on Warcraft: Everbody Against Whatever Enemy Emerges Every Two Years.
    People had years to identify themselves with a faction, and some spergs are really taking as far as to generalize all players in a faction, as scum or whatever.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-11-12 at 10:07 AM.

Alliance is not dying in general, but for highlevel content and PvE in particular.
    In the EU if you want to go CE as Alliance you can either hope that you find a spot in that one guild that usually gets there or transfer to high-pop Alliance dominated realm where you have 5 or more CE guilds on Alliance. But there are only 3 or 4 realms for Alliance, the rest is Horde dominated.

As Horde you have just way more guilds that actually achieve CE.

So in consequence many guilds either go Horde or switch to one of the high-pop realms as the amount of players that want tto do this content declines and they have problems with recruitment, leading to more and more ghost town servers...

15+ Year Old Account
    The taurens are inspired by minotaurs. And that's ORgrimMar! I also want to remind you we have the prettiest elves with blood elves and now Nightborne (which didn't seem to choose the Alliance, despite being helped by it just as much... go figure...)
    The taurens are ugly cows. Please realize it. You are playing indian cows. It's incredibly pathetic.
    I really prefer the female kaldorei model over the thalassian model they look less like teenagers and more like women.
    The nightborne are ugly nightelves, especially the running animation

Your cities are horrible. Please... there is actually nothing to argue about this. Orrrrrgriderpimor is a big campsite.