The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    ten bucks says it has him committing some other crime in it.

Now taking bets on the class of felony committed!
    My money is on it being so heavily, and so blatantly edited that it actually shows nothing but enough gets through to end up surfacing another key witness or piece of evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Well, finally get a chance to get caught up only to be forced to skip like 5 pages because people keep feeding those they know they shouldn't.

Seriously guys, STOP FEEDING HIM. You are derailing the thread and making it harder to follow. At this point I would love to see mods get onto people feeding them at this point just so they would stop doing it, stop making this thread harder to read and keep up with going in circles with people you know are just talking crap and trying to derail it.
    I don't know why people keep engaging with the bad faith posters. We know they are not here to post in good faith and replying to them just makes it seem like they have a valid viewpoint.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The more people that know about it; the more doubt it sews in the minds of the moderate or undecided voter, the better.

And Trump's barely coherent twitter ramblings on the matter aren't exactly going to turn people to his side.

Republicans are doing their damnedest to downplay this or switch the subject. Letting them know that that's not possible, and that Trump threatens to drag them down with him? Now that might be the only way to force them to grow a spine on the matter, if only out of desperate self-preservation.

And above all I want for Trump to have to testify under oath. That'll be the near-instant nail in his coffin.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If Trump testifies it'll be entertaining to say the least.
    If Trump testifies, they better bring up stuff about the Mueller report, or better, have Mueller himself come out and ask questions.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I meant to say "allegedly". There is definitely a high degree of suspicion of impropriety by the Bidens in Ukraine that assuredly they wouldn't mind having an investigation to clear their name...

I mean, who would go to the trouble of holding back a billion dollars to avoid an investigation (the actual bribe), other than a guilty person?
    They already did. By the Republicans. Please stop touting conspiracy theories. You are now knowingly lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    If Trump testifies, they better bring up stuff about the Mueller report, or better, have Mueller himself come out and ask questions.
    I don't think Trump could not implicate himself in whatever crimes it was he committed. He's obviously very mentally unbalanced, and having him go before people who are actually going to grill him instead of pitch him softball questions like Fox, or in a debate format where he can just spout random nonsense until the next question arises, or in a press interview where he controls the narrative flow, would sink him utterly. And I'm pretty sure the republicans know this.

His words would have consequences. His answers would be held to legal scrutiny. Things that Trump cannot cope with.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    That hypothetical is assuming I would agree with your assessment of what the new Ukranian (excuse me Israeli) prosecutor did or didn't do. I don't agree with that, and neither does quite a few people in Washington.

- - - Updated - - -

Her party affiliation is completely relevant to her bloviation on something that she can't substantiate.
    So you missed it when Trump and Mulvaney confessed to those crimes? Being misinformed seems to be a full time job for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't think Trump could not implicate himself in whatever crimes it was he committed. He's obviously very mentally unbalanced, and having him go before people who are actually going to grill him instead of pitch him softball questions like Fox, or in a debate format where he can just spout random nonsense until the next question arises, or in a press interview where he controls the narrative flow, would sink him utterly. And I'm pretty sure the republicans know this.

His words would have consequences. His answers would be held to legal scrutiny. Things that Trump cannot cope with.
    Oh yeah, it would be epic either way. I definitely want to see him under oath asked about this, but I also think the Mueller Report should come into play.

Would also like to grill him about Kennedy's retirement and Kavanaugh given Kennedy's sons relation to all of it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Trump is going to go fucking apeshit once those start up. We already know he watches 6+ hours of television a day....

- - - Updated - - -

The more people that know about it; the more doubt it sews in the minds of the moderate or undecided voter, the better.

And Trump's barely coherent twitter ramblings on the matter aren't exactly going to turn people to his side.

Republicans are doing their damnedest to downplay this or switch the subject. Letting them know that that's not possible, and that Trump threatens to drag them down with him? Now that might be the only way to force them to grow a spine on the matter, if only out of desperate self-preservation.

And above all I want for Trump to have to testify under oath. That'll be the near-instant nail in his coffin.
    We'll see if Roberts let's the Prosecutor subpoena Trump. I sincerely hope they do. And that he does.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way that they would allow him to testify live. The Republican senate will just allow pre-recorded responses via video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    There's no way that they would allow him to testify live. The Republican senate will just allow pre-recorded responses via video.
    Make having the whistleblower testify conditional on Trump testifying under oath.

Perjury trap? What's that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why wait for the trial? The House should subpoena him as part of their inquiry.

Because they don't want to give away too much of their strategy. The White House is already ignoring subpoenas from the House for staff. They would bat Trump's aside like a birdie. It will be a much different story when SCOTUS Chief Justice Roberts is enforcing the subpoenas.

(I need to check to see if the GOP tried to get Clinton to testify in the Senate trial - and what happened if they did)

Honestly if Trump testified I don't think anything useful would come of it in terms of information. At this point I'd expect it to be him just shouting nonsense and namecalling anyone 'opposed' to him rather than actually spouting off anything useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    The GOP would be screeching that he was being set up for a perjury trap, a tacit admission that Trump is incapable of telling the truth.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazkar View Post
    Honestly if Trump testified I don't think anything useful would come of it in terms of information. At this point I'd expect it to be him just shouting nonsense and namecalling anyone 'opposed' to him rather than actually spouting off anything useful.
    And I'd like all of that to be a matter of public record. And everything he'd say would be under oath.

I don't anticipate Trump would be able to shed any light on the matter; the facts all seem pretty well known at this point. It's really more a matter of his dumb ass not knowing what is and isn't illegal, seeing as he's used to doing or saying whatever he wants and having other people cover for him, and him saying something incriminating or later being found to have lied under oath when new information comes out.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I'd like all of that to be a matter of public record. And everything he'd say would be under oath.

I don't anticipate Trump would be able to shed any light on the matter; the facts all seem pretty well known at this point. It's really more a matter of his dumb ass not knowing what is and isn't illegal, seeing as he's used to doing or saying whatever he wants and having other people cover for him, and him saying something incriminating or later being found to have lied under oath when new information comes out.
    The goal at that point, as you said, would be more to reiterate how much Trump fucked up using his own words. Something that can't be hand-waved or ignored, and put him in a position where he's forced to face direct retorts and rebuttals to his nonsense.

Hammer home how unfit he is for his office, if nothing else, and have the soundbites on standby going into 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    The goal at that point, as you said, would be more to reiterate how much Trump fucked up using his own words. Something that can't be hand-waved or ignored, and put him in a position where he's forced to face direct retorts and rebuttals to his nonsense.

Hammer home how unfit he is for his office, if nothing else, and have the soundbites on standby going into 2020.
    Not only that, but if Trump lies under oath, he could be brought up for a second impeachment.

It's all they had against Clinton. It'd be a great thing to smash him with going into the 2020 election.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post

As much as I would like to believe that, but his followers have been hand-waving and ignoring anything problematic he's said since, well, before the election. If they can reconcile his contradictions, shifting statements and outright admissions, then they can hand-wave and ignore even statements under oath. The emperor has been strutting about naked for years, and we had people defending his fashion sense ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    As much as I would like to believe that, but his followers have been hand-waving and ignoring anything problematic he's said since, well, before the election. If they can reconcile his contradictions, shifting statements and outright admissions, then they can hand-wave and ignore even statements under oath. The emperor has been strutting about naked for years, and we had people defending his fashion sense ever since.
    It’s not Trumps idiotic sycophants that need to be swayed. They’ve already sold their souls to the devil, as it were.

It’s the independent voters and republicans who are on the fence about trump in this whole matter. They are the people that need to be reached, and who these proceedings, (because the republican establishment will refuse to hear them) are in service to.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.