Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion Legendaries and 9.0: A comeback?

Just a small question? What is with Legion Legendaries and 9.0? Since you can level EVERY expansion to 50 when 9.0 comes out, what happen with the Legion Legendaries? Because if now every expansion can be used to level to 50, then might not they be again the Best-in-Slot when 9.0 comes out? And will you then also be able to use them until 55 as it was in BfA?

I'ts only one of the million questions about 9.0 that i have, but this is actually one of the biggest ones. Would it be maybe even beneficial to farm the essences for the legendaries already for a headstart into Shadowlands?

3+ Year Old Account
    It's more than likely they will be an item level equivalent to legion content and thus be unusable in Shadowlands.

Knowing Blizzard they will probably just nerf them into uselessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Just a small question? What is with Legion Legendaries and 9.0? Since you can level EVERY expansion to 50 when 9.0 comes out, what happen with the Legion Legendaries? Because if now every expansion can be used to level to 50, then might not they be again the Best-in-Slot when 9.0 comes out? And will you then also be able to use them until 55 as it was in BfA?

I'ts only one of the million questions about 9.0 that i have, but this is actually one of the biggest ones. Would it be maybe even beneficial to farm the essences for the legendaries already for a headstart into Shadowlands?
    More then likely they change the cap to level 50 so that when you move into shadowlands they lose their benefits (similar to lvl 115 now).
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Best case scenario for players would be that yes, they would be scaled to stop functioning at 55, making those who held onto them get a significant boost to their initial leveling, but they'd still stop working before the new level cap.

I doubt they would make the mistake of having them continue working to level 115, at least if they did, it'd probably be something they patch within a week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Useless, Legion will ONLY scale when you are in chromie time, as soon as you start shadowlands, which is out in the real world, Legion will no longer scale and be like 40-45 ish

People really need to understand how the scaling will work in SL

Quote Originally Posted by dlaY View Post
    Useless, Legion will ONLY scale when you are in chromie time, as soon as you start shadowlands, which is out in the real world, Legion will no longer scale and be like 40-45 ish

People really need to understand how the scaling will work in SL
    This would simply be idiotic, since then people who finish vanilla-content would be in the 20-30 content-gear. No, Gear would forced to scale to 50 since they then need to go forward with viable gear. Even the first starting quests to shadowlands would be impossible to do with 20-30 gear.

This would simply be idiotic, since then people who finish vanilla-content would be in the 20-30 content-gear. No, Gear would forced to scale to 50 since they then need to go forward with viable gear. Even the first starting quests to shadowlands would be impossible to do with 20-30 gear.
    but legendaries aren't questing greens. Legendaries is a legion endgame thing, it will be scaled just like the raids. You can't do a scaled version of the raid either. Raid is locked to the expansions unscaled cap, just like the legendaries will

Well, seeing how Blizzard has dealt with stuff like that in the past, they'll probably just disable their effects (like with old set bonuses and stuff like that), especially since some legendaries will probably have buffs for skills that might not exist anymore or work entirely different.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

if I had to guess I would say that all legion legendaries would be usable from 10 to 50.

If they allow legion leveling from 10, I assume legion legendaries will work from 10 - 50. That or they'll disable them entirely and leave the stats only.

Quote Originally Posted by dlaY View Post
    but legendaries aren't questing greens. Legendaries is a legion endgame thing, it will be scaled just like the raids. You can't do a scaled version of the raid either. Raid is locked to the expansions unscaled cap, just like the legendaries will
    My bad I was thinking artifacts.

My guess would be the legendaries become inactive at 50. It may just be they only work in timewalking dungeons until 9.1 or something like heirloom upgrades.
    Last edited by wanax; 2019-11-12 at 12:46 PM.

Level 120 now is going to correspond to level 50 in 9.0. So level 55 then will be above level 120 now.

I highly doubt someone would only be the level 20-30 range of gear by the time they finish vanilla or any expansion set. Gear rewards scale as well, SO you should have plenty of blues that are in the 40+ range, maybe a few purples if they keep the random gear upgrade mechanic.

Prydaz BiS incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    If they allow legion leveling from 10, I assume legion legendaries will work from 10 - 50. That or they'll disable them entirely and leave the stats only.
    Exactly: but if they are not disabled, wouldn't they be automatically BIS?

Two possible scenarios;

A) it will be scaled down ( as it should be )

B) effects will be tied to zones ( e.a. argus, broken isles and so forth )

As these items are from a previous expansion they will be rendered useless at the launch of shadowlands ( as it should be )

Exactly: but if they are not disabled, wouldn't they be automatically BIS?
    For that level or a few levels, I suppose! But that's not an issue, considering that you'll replace them just due to leveling up and having their effects disabled past 50.

It'll very likely just be dropped down to its respective expansion level outside of Chromie Time, so something like 45 or so for Legion items. Keep in mind that ilvls will remain the same. Ilvls aren't changing with the next expansion, so they'll remain 265. The big question is at what level do they place the cut off point for its effect. Regardless of ilvl, some of those legendaries might have a power strong enough to make it worth despite ~200ilvl stat loss. Cut off for special effect might be level 47, or maybe they'll say screw it and let it go to 50 so we have fun in the prepatch (not likely). However, I guarantee you that the effect will be turned off by the time you hit 60. That one is a no-brainer.

Would it be maybe even beneficial to farm the essences for the legendaries already for a headstart into Shadowlands?
    You can min-max a lot of things before every new expansion, but I guess the leveling from 50-60 will again just take between 6 and 12 hours max and you could maybe speed up the first 15-30 mins of leveling.

Farming maybe for months just so you can cut 5 minutes from a 12 hour long leveling looks not like a low hanging fruit to me.

Just farming gold so you can just buy slow quest drops from the AH or get enough consumables to pot every second of your leveling is what the cool guys did the last expansions.
    -