Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    In fact I already answered that.
    "Blizzard said so, trust me." is not an answer.

You just took something Blizzard said and added your own spin to it. Blizzard never said "high elves aren't happening" or "high elves are dead on arrival". This is just you making stuff up.

No. This is not THE void patch because N'Zoth is just a minion of the Void Lords. Following your logic this is the same thing for the Forsaken in the Naxxramas patch of Classic. That was supposed to be THE Scourge patch and they did absolutely nothing.
    Nowhere near the same thing. The Forsaken weren't added on the premise that "they'd fit the story" as the reason they were picked as a playable race over another race. Whereas the void elves were picked "because they fit the story", as per Blizzard's words, but so far the void elves "fit the story" as much as a slab of raw meat fits in a basket full of fruits.

Also we know Alleria seeks to fight N'Zoth.
    Does she, really? So far all we've seen of her doing anything in BfA has been to hunt her sister.

Also it's incorrect to say they do nothing since we explore a possible future in which they succumb to the whispers.
    Which amounts to zero since it's not actual lore development for the void elves. Unless you're implying that the reason they were added is so they could be shown in a "possible future" thing where they are mind-controlled by the void. Whoop-dee-doo.

Also they were introduced in 7.3.5 to tie into Alleria's storyline in Mac'aree, which was a major arc of 7.3.
    Early access available only if you pre-ordered. They're BfA races, not Legion races. That's like saying the demon hunters were added in WoD.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2019-11-12 at 01:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    Yeah I mean since classic there have been High Elf NPCs in the game. The Silver Covenant in Dalaran was on the side of the Alliance. High Elves have again and again been shown to be on the side of the Alliance. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if all that negative talk regarding High Elves was to hide the fact they're gonna get an updated model in the near future, with them being a playable a race and a story focus on them. If they have a surprise like that in store, it would make sense for them to intentionally mislead people.
    We should probably just start saying we want the Silver Covenant playable. That way it's an Alliance only matter. Silver Covenant are Alliance only reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "Blizzard said so, trust me." is not an answer.

You just took something Blizzard said and added your own spin to it. Blizzard never said "high elves aren't happening" or "high elves are dead on arrival". This is just you making stuff up.

Nowhere near the same thing. The Forsaken weren't added on the premise that "they'd fit the story" as the reason they were picked as a playable race over another race. Whereas the void elves were picked "because they fit the story", as per Blizzard's words, but so far the void elves "fit the story" as much as a slab of raw meat fits in a basket full of fruits.

Does she, really? So far all we've seen of her doing anything in BfA has been to hunt her sister.

Which amounts to zero since it's not actual lore development for the void elves. Unless you're implying that the reason they were added is so they could be shown in a "possible future" thing where they are mind-controlled by the void. Whoop-dee-doo.

Early access available only if you pre-ordered. They're BfA races, not Legion races. That's like saying the demon hunters were added in WoD.
    Blizzard already said High elves aren't happening because there are already two flavors of high elves playable.

All races are added with the premise that they'd fit the story, that's literally why a race becomes playable. If a race doesn't become playable it's because it wouldn't fit the story Blizzard wants to tell. And yes, the Void elves fit the story more than the High elves because they played a much bigger role than they did in BfA. And the story isn't even over yet lol, you have no proof that the story they were talking about was planned for BfA.

Alleria has already said in 8.2.5 that she seeks Sylvanas' aid to fight N'Zoth. She is the only leader gathered at the battle who even brings up the threat of the Old God.

That vision is still Void elf development, you just don't like it. Saying it's not Void elf development is like saying WoD was not development for orcs and draenei.

They are Legion races, it's literally said in the official BfA website that they are allies from the Broken Isles. I don't recall the Demon Hunters being referred to as "allies from Draenor".
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Regarding an eventual High Elves AR, here is how I would do it to solve some of the problems Blizzard seems to have with them.

Lorewise
    After the incident with Alleria and then the emergence of the Void Elves, fear for the safety of the Sunwell has grown among the citizenry of Quel'Thalas. Using it to his advantage, Rommath pushed for HE pilgrims to be banned from Quel'Danas out of fear that some could be Void-tainted.

Then, he went a step further with the help of the Nightborns and the approval of Lor'themar and Liandrin. They devised a way to utterly sever the connection between HE and the Sunwell. The reasoning would be that strengthening enemies of the Horde, and thus Quel'Thalas, must stop.

Unlike when it was destroyed, this magical act will deeply affect the HE, whose bodies will still be washed by the Sunwell energies but not sustained by it. In fact, they wouldn't even feel it.

This would lead to rapide physical changes (minors ones, but the HE would be redesigned based on a Nightfallen skeleton tweaked to better fit them) and the rise among them of the idea that they aren't children of Quel'thalas anymore. Vereesa would lead her people out of Dalaran to Quel'Danil, where the Highvale Elves would help all the remaining HE deal with the withdrawal. A new city, named Quel'Danil would then start to emerge.

Gameplay
    As stated above, the appearance of the HE would be distinct from the VE and BE, their ties to Quel'Thalas, while important, would change deeply in a significant way (let the VE be the ones dreaming of regime change in Silvermoon!).

With new racials and a recruiting quest where they repel local trolls, bolstered by Forsakens and other Horde forces unhappy with the reinforcement of Alliance settlements in the region, they'd prove their worth and start a new chapter in the story of the High Elves.
    Not a bad idea, this is another good way to give the Alliance High elves while making them distinct from Blood elves.
    It will not please the minority wanting pretty fair elves in the Alliance but it will please the people who want the Alliance High elves in the Alliance.
    Then the storyline of the High elves could be to seek a cure for their body. And due to their status they'd lose access to magic classes, once again keeping the distinction from Blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    We should probably just start saying we want the Silver Covenant playable. That way it's an Alliance only matter. Silver Covenant are Alliance only reputation.
    They'd probably ask "who?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Not a bad idea, this is another good way to give the Alliance High elves while making them distinct from Blood elves.
    It will not please the minority wanting pretty fair elves in the Alliance but it will please the people who want the Alliance High elves in the Alliance.
    Then the storyline of the High elves could be to seek a cure for their body. And due to their status they'd lose access to magic classes, once again keeping the distinction from Blood elves.
    I very much doubt that's the minority.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

@Tenebra

There is two flavors of Blood Elves playable. None of High Elves.

And VE doesn't fit the story more than the HE would have. Apart from one quest with void rift (and mages would have worked as well) and the incursion (which would have been different, obviously), everything done with them could have been done with the Silver Covenant.

I like VE but they are a mess and won't ever matter much. And WoS was certainly not development for the Draenei. It ended being some for orcs, by virtue of the Mag'hars becoming Allied Race but, just like Argus, none of WoD was used to develop our draenei. We saw their past, and as my favorite race, I was thrilled and I still think that the draenei zone here are the more beautiful in the game.

But the playable draenei did not grow thanks to it. We still don't know how they are organized, how they feel about the Horde, the LF, their life on Azeroth, rediscovering Argus. Or how the younger among them felt when they saw a world they never lived on !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I wouldn't sever all magical classes from HE. Priests and Mages could stay, but warlocks would be replaced by shamans (wildhammers influence) or druids (kaldorei influence). Still, classes would only be : warrior, hunters, rogues, mages, priests, shaman/druid.

Of course, in reverse of VE/NB, the Horde would receive Druids of the Flame as an allied race

Also, I don't find the Nightfallen ugly. They are gaunt, yes, but a tweaked Nightfallen skeleton for High Elves could have prettier faces while retaining this emaciated appearance. Kind of like fashion models IRL.
    Last edited by Manariel; 2019-11-12 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    @Tenebra

There is two flavors of Blood Elves playable. None of High Elves.

And VE doesn't fit the story more than the HE would have. Apart from one quest with void rift (and mages would have worked as well) and the incursion (which would have been different, obviously), everything done with them could have been done with the Silver Covenant.

I like VE but they are a mess and won't ever matter much. And WoS was certainly not development for the Draenei. It ended being some for orcs, by virtue of the Mag'hars becoming Allied Race but, just like Argus, none of WoD was used to develop our draenei. We saw their past, and as my favorite race, I was thrilled and I still think that the draenei zone here are the more beautiful in the game.

But the playable draenei did not grow thanks to it. We still don't know how they are organized, how they feel about the Horde, the LF, their life on Azeroth, rediscovering Argus. Or how the younger among them felt when they saw a world they never lived on !
    0 flavors of Silver Covenant/Highvale High elves, yeah, but two flavors of High elves.

Also, I mean, you can make that argument for literally anyone. Humans didn't get any development in BfA because they could have just been replaced by dwarves if Anduin was a dwarf, so they didn't fit the story.

Blizzard already said High elves aren't happening because there are already two flavors of high elves playable.
    Oh, another dubious claim. So, excuse me, but...

All races are added with the premise that they'd fit the story, that's literally why a race becomes playable. If a race doesn't become playable it's because it wouldn't fit the story Blizzard wants to tell.
    And yet the void elves haven't been made to fit the story at all, especially in the patch that seems almost tailor-made to have the void elves shine... but nothing so far.

And yes, the Void elves fit the story more than the High elves because they played a much bigger role than they did in BfA.
    Oh, please. Nothing the void elves did couldn't have been done by high elf magisters. Teleports? Basically any mage can do that. Polymorphing? Really?

And the story isn't even over yet lol, you have no proof that the story they were talking about was planned for BfA.
    Other than the fact that they were talking about patch 8.3 when they talked about patch 8.3? And we have Shadowlands' initial storyline laid out before us, already.

Alleria has already said in 8.2.5 that she seeks Sylvanas' aid to fight N'Zoth. She is the only leader gathered at the battle who even brings up the threat of the Old God.
    Did she? Quote, please!

That vision is still Void elf development, you just don't like it. Saying it's not Void elf development is like saying WoD was not development for orcs and draenei.
    It's not void elf development because it never happens/happened. And WoD was development for orcs and draenei because both main universe races had a chance of "fixing the mistakes of the past" even if it's not their past, plus the stand they made against the Burning Legion in Draenor.

Nothing even remotely close to that has been revealed to happen in 8.3. It's just one of many visions showing void elves being mind-controlled. No development at all.

They are Legion races, it's literally said in the official BfA website that they are allies from the Broken Isles. I don't recall the Demon Hunters being referred to as "allies from Draenor".
    Because those are races we met during the excursion in the Broken Isles. That doesn't make the allied races "Legion content". That's like saying the Dragon Soul raid is "WotLK content" because we access the instance through Caverns of Time (WotLK content) and happens in the Dragonblight zone (WotLK content).

Oh, another dubious claim. So, excuse me, but...

And yet the void elves haven't been made to fit the story at all, especially in the patch that seems almost tailor-made to have the void elves shine... but nothing so far.

Oh, please. Nothing the void elves did couldn't have been done by high elf magisters. Teleports? Basically any mage can do that. Polymorphing? Really?

Other than the fact that they were talking about patch 8.3 when they talked about patch 8.3? And we have Shadowlands' initial storyline laid out before us, already.

Did she? Quote, please!

It's not void elf development because it never happens/happened. And WoD was development for orcs and draenei because both main universe races had a chance of "fixing the mistakes of the past" even if it's not their past, plus the stand they made against the Burning Legion in Draenor.

Nothing even remotely close to that has been revealed to happen in 8.3. It's just one of many visions showing void elves being mind-controlled. No development at all.

Because those are races we met during the excursion in the Broken Isles. That doesn't make the allied races "Legion content". That's like saying the Dragon Soul raid is "WotLK content" because we access the instance through Caverns of Time (WotLK content) and happens in the Dragonblight zone (WotLK content).
    Given how it's literally what Ion said, No.

Void elves are fitting the story very well, as we can see from the decent amount of screentime that both Alleria and Umbric got in BfA (several Alliance races got much less screentime).

Okay, I don't care what the High elves can do, because they didn't do it, period. Let's stop talking about hypotheticals. Where the High elves at the Battle of Lordaeron, or at the skirmish in Nazmir, or at the Faction assault in Zuldazar? No? Then there's nothing to discuss.

I don't recall them ever making a recent interview about the Void elves or an interview about the Void elves' role in 8.3. And Blizzard plans expansions ahead for a long time, they already have 10.0 figured out too.

She tells Anduin that Sylvanas' army would be of great use against N'Zoth and suggests making a truce with her to deal with the Old God. When Anduin refuses, she decides to let go and focus on helping them siege Orgrimmar. She is accompanied by Vereesa, who doesn't say anything. Did you even play 8.2.5? Honestly, it's a pretty hard conversation to miss.......

It happened, only in an alternate timeline. Saying that it did not happen is incorrect. It's like saying Garrosh is still alive just because he died in an alternate timeline.

I didn't say they were Legion content available to anyone who bought Legion, I said they were Legion races because they were introduced in 7.3, which was the final patch of Legion and not BfA.

Screen time is not the same thing as development.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    it isn't, and that's an objective fact: there is no high elf option in the Alliance banner on the character creation screen.
    The race is already playable, on the horde, that is the objective fact.
    The group of Thalassian elves who reject Silvermoon's current ruling and sided with the Alliance.
    all right, you are asking the same race who is already playable to be playable in the other faction under another group, but the race itself is already playable.

Related question: do you approve of the nightborne in the Horde?
    i know what you are trying to do here, but sadly that is not a fair comparison, Nightborne are different from night elves both physically and thematically, the same way void elves and BE/HE are different

but for the matter, i don't approve any elf in the horde

0 flavors of Silver Covenant/Highvale High elves, yeah, but two flavors of High elves.

Also, I mean, you can make that argument for literally anyone. Humans didn't get any development in BfA because they could have just been replaced by dwarves if Anduin was a dwarf, so they didn't fit the story.
    That makes no sense.

Void elves are disgusting because they don't have a narrative according to their potential.

For people to empathize with a character, it has to be charismatic and has to have a well defined role in the story told and the same goes with a race. Void elves have only touched on history to fail in their roles.

A possible future can count as a hook that attracts looks like X-men comics (a possible apocalyptic future related to prinsipal character), BUT if your characters in that possible future fail without exploiting their only potential (knowledge and use of void), the author is the one who ends up failing in his narrative because he only presents a lot of losers that does not fulfill his role well.

That is why Void elves stink, not because they are different from blood elves or because they do not approach the fantasies of the high elves, It is because they were very badly adapted to an established storyline.

And it doesn't matter if there is some other story better or worse told, that doesn’t take away the stinkiness of the Void elves narrative:

- They were introduced as an elite squad of blood elves who studied the void to use it to protect their people: they fail, they had to be helped by alleria windrunner and the champion, so as not to be consumed by the void.
    - Being the race with more knowledge about the void: they don't have a definitive role for patch 8.3 (this patch being the biggest one related to the void so far).
    - Many of them died in a suicide mission leaving them in very low numbers (knowing that a squad is made up of 5 - 15 soldiers)
    - Their leader (Umbric )(the face of the group) has the charisma of a rock. (same as Ion).

What are they good at?
    Last edited by Ignaz; 2019-11-12 at 05:31 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    K, no response, then don't claim it.

Void elves are fitting the story very well, as we can see from the decent amount of screentime that both Alleria and Umbric got in BfA (several Alliance races got much less screentime).
    What have they got developed during that high quality screen time? Showing that they are a bunch of mages with void skins?

Okay, I don't care what the High elves can do, because they didn't do it, period. Let's stop talking about hypotheticals. Where the High elves at the Battle of Lordaeron, or at the skirmish in Nazmir, or at the Faction assault in Zuldazar? No? Then there's nothing to discuss.
    Because they are not playable, make them playable and they will have to appear. This double standard is too shameless.

And yes, basically all they did could have been done by a group of High elf mages and some rangers. It's just like that. It's not important how much you care.

I don't recall them ever making a recent interview about the Void elves or an interview about the Void elves' role in 8.3. And Blizzard plans expansions ahead for a long time, they already have 10.0 figured out too.
    The PTR is there and we have only seen Void elves falling for the void, what a bunch of losers. And I repeat, I hope they flesh them out so they stop sucking balls, but that is not being the case.

She tells Anduin that Sylvanas' army would be of great use against N'Zoth and suggests making a truce with her to deal with the Old God. When Anduin refuses, she decides to let go and focus on helping them siege Orgrimmar. She is accompanied by Vereesa, who doesn't say anything. Did you even play 8.2.5? Honestly, it's a pretty hard conversation to miss.......
    It's not a conversation, it's a phrase that they made her say, and your interpretation is that she is willing of forgive everything with Sylvanas and become besties to fight N'zoth, when all she said was that Sylvanas' army (the Forsaken) were more effective against N'zoth than most other armies, and even then it was a very unfortunate and out of place. That's Alleria.

I didn't say they were Legion content available to anyone who bought Legion, I said they were Legion races because they were introduced in 7.3, which was the final patch of Legion and not BfA.
    You don't know the concept of early access don't you? These are BfA Allied races, players got them on the last moments of Legion if they pre-purchased BfA because it was an early access.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    That makes no sense.

Void elves are disgusting because they don't have a narrative according to their potential.

For people to empathize with a character, it has to be charismatic and has to have a well defined role in the story told and the same goes with a race. Void elves have only touched on history to fail in their roles.

A possible future can count as a hook that attracts looks like X-men comics (a possible apocalyptic future related to prinsipal character), BUT if your characters in that possible future fail without exploiting their only potential (knowledge and use of void), the author is the one who ends up failing in his narrative because he only presents a lot of losers that does not fulfill his role well.

That is why Void elves stink, not because they are different from blood elves or because they do not approach the fantasies of the high elves, It is because they were very badly adapted to an established storyline.

And it doesn't matter if there is some other story better or worse told, that doesn’t take away the stinkiness of the Void elves narrative:

- They were introduced as an elite squad of blood elves who studied the void to use it to protect their people: they fail, they had to be helped by alleria windrunner and the champion, so as not to be consumed by the void.
    - Being the race with more knowledge about the void: they don't have a definitive role for patch 8.3 (this patch being the biggest one related to the void so far).
    - Many of them died in a suicide mission leaving them in very low numbers (knowing that a squad is made up of 5 - 15 soldiers)
    - Their leader (Umbric )(the face of the group) has the charisma of a rock. (same as Ion).

What are they good at?
    "Disgusting", lol, what a strong word. Talk about being melodramatic. And lots of races don't have a narrative according to their potential. Heck, it took some 6 years for gnomes to finally start doing something relevant. Also you don't get to decide who people can empathize with, I have seen plenty of people (including myself) who genuinely felt bad for what happened to Umbric, who spent years studying out of curiosity only to have that curiosity almost lead him to a terrible fate.

- Yes, Umbric was foolhardy, he himself admits that. They failed. How dares a leader fail at something, how dares a leader make a mistake.
    - They most likely don't appear much in 8.3 because Ny'alotha is a raid and not a zone with its own questline. That's true for all races. You can count on the fingers of one hand how many major lore characters appear in the raid.
    - They voluntereed themselves for that job, it was their goal to sacrifice themselves, and they succeeded, because Rastakhan's army was lured away from his capital, which could then be besieged (the ensuing siege would end in a great victory for the Alliance). Also the Void elves under Umbric were of great use during the Alliance campaign in Zuldazar; In particular, they used their Void powers to turn a mighty beast into a powerful weapon of the Alliance, which appears as a raid boss.
    - Umbric has the charisma of a rock ------> Very subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The race is already playable, on the horde, that is the objective fact.
    Wrong. The Horde blood elves are playable. Alliance high elves are not playable, and any claim otherwise is either ignorant, or dishonest.

So which one are you? Are you being ignorant, or dishonest? Considering the amount of times you've posted in this thread, I doubt your issue here is "lack of knowledge".

all right, you are asking the same race who is already playable to be playable in the other faction under another group, but the race itself is already playable.
    "Playable race" does not equal "actual race". In fact, "playable race" only equals "a specific group within said race". As a human, you're a Stormwind human, not "all humans", for example. As a blood elf, you're a Silvermoon blood elf, not "all elves". As a blood elf, you're not, for example, a Silver Covenant high elf. You're not an Alliance member. Etc...

Which is why saying "the race is already playable in the Horde" is not only wrong, but very disingenuous to this conversation.

i know what you are trying to do here, but sadly that is not a fair comparison, Nightborne are different from night elves both physically and thematically, the same way void elves and BE/HE are different
    Considering the position of many anti-high-elf in this thread basically boils down to "you just want our fair-skinned elves in your Alliance", I was simply curious if you approved of "having our purple-skinned elves in your Horde".

but for the matter, i don't approve any elf in the horde
    Fair enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you won't have any issues bringing up a quote, since it's "literally what Ion said", that "high elves won't be playable since we have two flavors of elves already".

But I know you won't produce any quotes since nothing of the sort exist except in your head.

They haven't been given any screentime to develop themselves as a race. They haven't been shown to bring anything new to the table that the other races already couldn't do. The void elves most prominent feature, i.e., their connection to the Void, hasn't been explored at all so far, and from the looks of 8.3, won't even be touched at all, too.

The lore is written by Blizzard. By that same reasoning I can ask why the Alliance simply didn't obliterate Sylvanas from orbit during the Siege of Lordaeron from the Vindicaar. The point is that Blizzard has chosen to once again ignore the high elves in favor of an ass-pull of a race nobody asked and has so far gotten zero lore development.

BS. Every race introduced into the game so far are either developed in their introduction (all the core races) or have already been established in previous storylines (every allied race so far except void elves).

It happened, only in an alternate timeline. Saying that it did not happen is incorrect. It's like saying Garrosh is still alive just because he died in an alternate timeline.
    Nowhere near the same thing. It didn't happen because the "visions of N'Zoth" tell of what could come in the future if we failed.

7.3.5, and only if you pre-ordered BfA, meaning it's BfA content available for early access, not Legion content.

But this is the last I'll be talking about the abomination called "void elves" in this thread, since this is about a request for playable high elves, and not about discussing the failings of the void elves.

"Disgusting", lol, what a strong word. Talk about being melodramatic. And lots of races don't have a narrative according to their potential. Heck, it took some 6 years for gnomes to finally start doing something relevant. Also you don't get to decide who people can empathize with, I have seen plenty of people (including myself) who genuinely felt bad for what happened to Umbric, who spent years studying out of curiosity only to have that curiosity almost lead him to a terrible fate.

- Yes, Umbric was foolhardy, he himself admits that. They failed. How dares a leader fail at something, how dares a leader make a mistake.
    - They most likely don't appear much in 8.3 because Ny'alotha is a raid and not a zone with its own questline. That's true for all races. You can count on the fingers of one hand how many major lore characters appear in the raid.
    - They voluntereed themselves for that job, it was their goal to sacrifice themselves, and they succeeded, because Rastakhan's army was lured away from his capital, which could then be besieged (the ensuing siege would end in a great victory for the Alliance). Also the Void elves under Umbric were of great use during the Alliance campaign in Zuldazar; In particular, they used their Void powers to turn a mighty beast into a powerful weapon of the Alliance, which appears as a raid boss.
    - Umbric has the charisma of a rock ------> Very subjective.
    in a narrative way... yes, they are Disgusting.

I did not say that they failed in their suicide mission, on the contrary; it was a success. The thing is that they died, leaving VE race in very, very low numbers.

Yes, poor Umbric. A tragic start but without a good development. So sad. I feel bad for him too.

I already told you that it doesn't matter if there are other races or characters that have worse developments. That does not take away the stinky to the narrative of VE
    Last edited by Ignaz; 2019-11-12 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    in a narrative way... yes, they are Disgusting.

I did not say that they failed in their suicide mission, on the contrary; it was a success. The thing is that they died, leaving VE race in very, very low numbers.

Yes, poor Umbric. A tragic start but without a good development. So sad. I feel bad for him too.
    About the suicide mission: if anything it's the opposite. Alleria and Umbric are not retarded. They wouldn't send Void elves to that OPTIONAL mission if they knew that could bring their race on the brink of extinction. So them finding spare troops for the suicide mission if anything shows that they are confident in their numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ielenia View Post
    the lore is written by blizzard. By that same reasoning i can ask why the alliance simply didn't obliterate sylvanas from orbit during the siege of lordaeron from the vindicaar. The point is that blizzard has chosen to once again ignore the high elves in favor of an ass-pull of a race nobody asked and has so far gotten zero lore development.
    hahahaha i love it

- - - Updated - - -

About the suicide mission: if anything it's the opposite. Alleria and Umbric are not retarded. They wouldn't send Void elves to that OPTIONAL mission if they knew that could bring their race on the brink of extinction. So them finding spare troops for the suicide mission if anything shows that they are confident in their numbers.
    Dude, seriously? let me explain myself in a different way

1) They are a squad (a ''well-trained'' group of 5-15 soldiers). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squad
    2) A group of them decides to sacrifice for a greater Good.
    3) They died

How many of them can be left?: We don't know. We don't even know that they can reproduce.
    Being so rare and valuable, why throw them away like that?
    Any mage could have created the portal, even so Blizzard decided to use them as a filler at that time. It makes no sense (BAD DEVELOPMENT)

5+ Year Old Account
    We don't know if they can create more Void elves, we don't know -why- would anyone want to become such abomination, we don't know even if they are actually looking into doing it.

And yet you are just excusing it with an over the top guess, that is not how deduction works, since the very concept lacks root for it.

It's simple, the devs created the quest and placed playable races in there, High elves would have been on that quest if they were playable.

However, Void elves being there doesn't mean that they are confident in their numbers. In fact, I am gonna teach you a lesson about deduction:

If we know they are low in numbers, and we also know that we don't know how, why and how they can or would create more Void elves, one can't say that they are confident in their numbers, but easily say that it was a very stupid decision.