Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

American Fascist Drives into Chile Protestors

Apologies to Chile who have to live through all of this. The US isnt sending it's best.

It’s well known how right-wing economists have long seen Chile as their personal playground to play out their fantasies of austerity politics backed by authoritarian violence. The Chicago Boys were the famed University of Chicago-trained economists who advised Augusto Pinochet during and after the 1973 coup. The center of that shifted from Chicago to George Mason, which has become synonymous with bought academia of the New Gilded Age, funded by the Koch Brothers and other far-right extremists.

Some of the GMU Boys still see Chile as their playground. Some have even moved there. This leads us to the story of John Cobin. He’s a George Mason Ph.D. His dissertation advisor is Jerry Ellig, who was Trump’s choice to be the chief economist of the FCC. So this guy comes straight out of the right-wing modern Republican pipeline. Cobin moved to Chile some years ago and became a prominent voice promoting extremist conservatism there.

Well, the recent protests against inequality all of this made John Cobin very upset. So this weekend, he decided to shoot some protestors.

John Cobin, a U.S.-born economist and former member of a neo-Confederate group, is so passionate about a free market — and about Chile — that he’s devoted the past two decades to marrying the two.
    But Cobin’s unusual story took a violent turn this weekend, when he drove through one of the many crowds that have paralyzed Chile in recent weeks as they protest income inequality and a high cost of living.

The 56-year-old was arrested Sunday, police said, after he repeatedly fired a gun into a crowd in the beachside town of Reñaca, seriously injuring at least one person.
    “I did not do anything wrong,” Cobin said in a video filmed just before his arrest. “It was a very dangerous, very scary time for me. Thankfully, I had my gun to be able to defend myself.”

After speeding his pickup truck through a crowd of people, video of the scene shows, Cobin shot his gun at demonstrators five times.
    The shocking incident underscores the violence that Chilean protesters have been facing at the hands of their government, and occasionally other civilians. As of Friday, at least 20 people have been killed and about 1,600 have been injured, according to human rights observers, as crowds face water cannons and tear gas and pellets are shot in close range.
    Why did this guy leave the U.S. for Chile anyway?

In the United States, he had grown sick of political correctness, eroding family values and high taxes, and his attempts at political relevancy had proved futile. He had participated in the League of the South, a neo-Confederate hate group, and failed in his libertarian bid for a U.S. congressional seat in South Carolina. Days before the election, he was arrested on charges of domestic violence.
    In Chile, however, he emerged as a prolific conservative commentator, hosting a talk radio show called “Red Hot Chile,” traveling to every major town around the country and remarrying a Chilean woman. He dubbed himself the “biggest neoliberal in the entire country.” (Chilean media outlets would later describe him as a white supremacist.)

In 2012, he helped three other Americans found a libertarian compound in the mountains, “Galt’s Gulch,” named for the fictional capitalist haven in Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged.” Cobin quickly split and founded a competing sustainable farm and libertarian compound, called “Freedom Orchard.”

All those helicopter memes seem more like the veiled threats of violence they always were. All while trying to play the victim to justify their violence fantasies.

As Cobin tells it, the mob began banging against his pickup truck when he took out his gun and loaded it. He was fending against the possibility of assault, he said, as he began firing.

“I was in fear for my life, being attacked by a violent mob,” he said.
    Video of the incident, however, showed a largely isolated vehicle moving past the crowd. After Cobin opened fire, a barefoot protester threw an object toward Cobin, who responded with more shots in the direction of the demonstrators. One of his bullets hit someone in the thigh, reportedly landing that man in the hospital.
    Government Affiliated Snark

15+ Year Old Account
    So instead of condemning him and his appalling action, you decide to attack everything and everyone associated to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So instead of condemning him and his appalling action, you decide to attack everything and everyone associated to him.
    All fascists think alike.

Although OP was celebarting a fascist coup in Bolivia in another thread, so I dunno what is going on in here.

Cobin is a result of people enabling him.

TLDR: don't be a facist cunt and you won't be called a facist cunt.

5 4 3 2 1 ... infracted.

PS: Still do not care.

Good thing he was a terrible shot then, not the smartest dude.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Do you know what is the worse ?

This is not surprising in the latest. American gunuts are genuinely persuaded that REAL HUMAN BEINGS (aka, WASP ultraconservative males) firing boom-boom sticks at SUBHUMAN VERMIN (aka everyone else) is a sacred right. It's exactly the kind of heroic behavior excepted for the usual suspects.

As their role models either tried to fled to Mexico wearing dresses in 1865 or shot themselves in bunkers in 1945, they are down to hope to be one day as cool as rats like Koresh or Rodgers. Otherwise, they try to prove their manhood by licking the previously mentioned vermin-on 4-chan and Breitbart, they are already oinking their approval of the dude like sows in heat.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    TLDR: don't be a facist cunt and you won't be called a facist cunt.
    This is pretty obviously false. The number of people with mild positions that get called "Nazis" has grown substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is pretty obviously false. The number of people with mild positions that get called "Nazis" has grown substantially.
    A rat squeaking about freedom while working for a group wishing to restablish the slaver pseudo-nation is a fracking Nazi. (I know this point is mentally impossible to understand for the usual speaking, but freedom is not compatible with slavery-well, we understand that you mean ''freedom for pure white guys, slavery for all the others'')

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/b...ged-922-v21n10

Oh, and behold. 4 neo-Fascist gather together to set-up a plantation 2.0, and divide in 4 factions. What a surprise.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-11-12 at 03:43 PM.

It seems to be the norm of the day. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    A rat squeaking about freedom while working for a group wishing to restablish the slaver pseudo-nation is a fracking Nazi. (I know this point is mentally impossible to understand for the usual speaking, but freedom is not compatible with slavery-well, we understand that you mean ''freedom for pure white guys, slavery for all the others'')

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/b...ged-922-v21n10

Oh, and behold. 4 neo-Fascist gather together to set-up a plantation 2.0, and divide in 4 factions. What a surprise.
    This is coming across as increasingly deranged. There's really no plausible way to respond to this.

This is coming across as increasingly deranged. There's really no plausible way to respond to this.
    While everyone know what the usual suspects mean by ''freedom'' and who desserve to get it, it's still amazing that your kin can scream that taxes are slavery or imbecilities like that while defending a regime whose only reason to exist was slavery (yes, selling people like cattle, even if does not count because they are not WASPs ultraconservative males is a bit antagonistic with freedom, while of course being quite okay and commendable for American ''freedom'')

Dude, that rat was a neoconfederate.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-11-12 at 03:52 PM.

While everyone know what your kind mean by ''freedom'' and who desserve to get it, it's still amazing that your kin can scream that taxes are slavery or imbecilities like that while defending a regime whose only reason to exist was slavery Dude, that rat was a neoconfederate.
    I'm a Northerner whose entire family has always been Northern, I pay way more in taxes than the median American and mostly think it's fine, and I'm interracially married.

Again, you're just getting further detached from reality. Turning off whatever radical shit you're listening to or reading would do you a lot of good. Go talk to actual people. There aren't very many people that want to reinstate slavery or whatever you're ranting about.

I'm a Northerner whose entire family has always been Northern, I pay way more in taxes than the median American and mostly think it's fine, and I'm interracially married.

Again, you're just getting further detached from reality. Turning off whatever radical shit you're listening to or reading would do you a lot of good. Go talk to actual people. There aren't very many people that want to reinstate slavery or whatever you're ranting about.
    Dude, what I'm making up ? That piece of garbage was crying that taxes was slavery WHILE defending the pseudo slaver insurrection. What is fake in that sentence ? He was a neoconfederate

Dude, what I'm making up ? That piece of garbage was crying that taxes was slavery WHILE defending the pseudo slaver insurrection. What is fake in that sentence ? He was a neoconfederate
    I don't really know anything about the guy from the OP aside from what's written there, but I do see that you swiftly jumped to "your kind" and "your kin". It's pretty deranged. Your prior for how many people want to recreate the confederacy is way too high.

It's amazing how many people mocking my English does not get the ''kind and kin'' reference. He WAS a neoconfederate. And for normal people, crying that the big meanie gubinement steal your freedom while cheerleading for fracking slavers is….well, exactly what people except from American edgelords, actually.

You betcha that at his ''farm conpound'', no American was really working ? (well, no one worked in any case because it was a scam) like in the good old south ?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty simple. The endgame of libertarianism is a mostly lawless society. Where the wealthy and powerful think they can get away with mowing down or shooting into crowd. Because their wealth and power make them "better than everyone else".

Pinochet's Chile proved this historically. The architects of modern Libertarians went all-in on Pinochet. They're indifferent to the liberties or civil protections of little people. As long as it makes the wealthy feel powerful.

In a similar way, you constant feel the need to reference your wealth. As if wealth alone gives you more insight.

No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how many people mocking my English does not get the ''kind and kin'' reference. He WAS a neoconfederate. And for normal people, crying that the big meanie gubinement steal your freedom while cheerleading for fracking slavers is….well, exactly what people except from American edgelords, actually.

You betcha that at his ''farm conpound'', no American was really working ? (well, no one worked in any case because it was a scam) like in the good old south ?
    Not being rude here....but what are you smoking? Last thing I've heard about slavery was back in my high school history class.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    It's pretty simple. The endgame of libertarianism is a mostly lawless society. Where the wealthy and powerful think they can get away with mowing down or shooting into crowd. Because their wealth and power make them "better than everyone else".
    Do they say as much or do you infer it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they say as much or do you infer it?
    The historical facts bear this out. Sorry about your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Not being rude here....but what are you smoking? Last thing I've heard about slavery was back in my high school history class.
    OP. He is a neoconfederate.