Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    And hopefully a Blizzard can decide what Shadowlands is by then. That’s the scariest part - is everything so vague because they truly don’t have detailed answers to give?
    or have they learned that when they igive definitive answers and then make changes, that the playerbase calls them liars? because thats what happens when they tell us things explicitly this far out from a release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Where did the "Torghast is just Island Expeditions" meme come from?
    the fact that the playerbase either hypes things up too much or goes the opposite way and says everything is shit. there is no medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    BfA and Legion release in August and on pre-order page it had note "will be released before 21st September". Shadowlands has "will be released before 31st December". This note clearly indicate season when expac will launch - Legion/BfA was Summer, Shadowlands will be Fall.

And on top of that last big content patch won't even release this year. Launching expansion few months after would be just stupid.
    No, it doesn't. It only indicates by when it absolutely will have launched. They tend to be conservative with these dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I must say, the Shadowlands logo is probably my favourite.
    It really is their best logo yet. Finally something not Green, Blue, or Orange lol.

My money is on november after Blizzcon. Gives them the most time without fucking over their devs with the holiday shit - and from the looks of it they need it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    It's going to suck if it comes out in September because the expansion is going to be unfinished. They said "more like December" - that's 3 more months they expect to need to finish this. They need to bite the bullet and release it when its finished instead of planning it around blizzcon. This years Blizzcon was amazing - they can afford a "just okay" regular Blizzcon.
    I mean it's not just BlizzCon right because if they launched it in December then with the holidays coming up there will not be enough customer support to handle the inevitable bugs

If they listen to feedback this time around and don't try to f*** around with 10 innovations of the same systems then I think September 22nd will be the launch

now I could be wrong maybe they are going to launch it literally the Tuesday after BlizzCon which would be really cool and it would be great for them to launch the expansion when it is done but they have never launched the expansion when it is done

and we aren't getting anything that is super significant and changes when it comes to game player systems as far as we Know we are just getting old abilities back which is kind of disappointing because I want new abilities as well

We have the covenant system which is one class ability each and then generic soulbind and generic talent tree and we have the endless tower which has different legendary gems which we still don't know about

We have the ma which is one zone and we have only 8 dungeons compared to 10

The new DK starting experience will be in 8.3 and just unlocked for a majority of the players once the game launches

Leveling revamp is the main thing that will need to be tested along with the alt characters getting access 2 WorldQuest covenants

now none of this is talking about the numbers tuning cuz the numbers tuning is all this s*** at the beginning of an expansion but I believe that blizzard can pull this off I believe that if they launch alpha in February and keep the alpha short and turn it to beta in March then we will be able to get this game out in September

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    My money is on november after Blizzcon. Gives them the most time without fucking over their devs with the holiday shit - and from the looks of it they need it.
    Yeah I literally just thought that the Tuesday after BlizzCon would probably be the most hyped up release but then you have to wonder what are we going to have at World of Warcraft BlizzCon

I mean personally I think that we have so much access to stuff that could be cool 49.1 that they might announce it at BlizzCon and say hey guys the game comes out in a few days but here's what's going to happen after you guys figure out all the fun stuff going on in there

like why was the jailer chained up why does his helm look like the helm of domination is there a covenant inside the maw is that going to be part of the horizontal progression that they talk about where they can add another covenant and then add more soul binds and more talents

The first raid is in rev ref what if the second raid is about the Winter Queen and deals with that or a deals with the shadow valkyr that decided to come in and goomba stomp innocent civilians and bastion

What if we find out that the arbiter is just a Titan

I want to say that we will find out what the release date is once they announce BlizzCon ticket dates

Blizzard should just not do a blizzcon this year. All their shit is far from ready, this will be an "off year" blizzcon anyway and even that is putting it mildly.

But they are probably too greedy for that. They can already show of the concept for the first patch. Most of us will have played their beta for 2-3 months by that point anyway.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Blizzard should just not do a blizzcon this year. All their shit is far from ready, this will be an "off year" blizzcon anyway and even that is putting it mildly.

But they are probably too greedy for that. They can already show of the concept for the first patch. Most of us will have played their beta for 2-3 months by that point anyway.
    wow, barely a week since Blizzcon and the forums are already claiming the next blizzcon won't happen. This must be a new record.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    wow, barely a week since Blizzcon and the forums are already claiming the next blizzcon won't happen. This must be a new record.
    Record is 1 hour after Blizzcon started set back when BFA was announced

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    What people wish for Sylvanas is that she gets basically broken down into materials and snuffed out entirely: Jailer of the Maw is a better punishment for her (being chained to the top of super hell for all eternity) but people will see it as a Kerrigan type thing.

It's all so tiring.
    What I'd like is for her to stop being a Mary-Sue. People like to joke about Mary-Sues with Alliance or Anduin/Thrall/Baine etc but Sylvanas is the real Mary-Sue. It's getting pretty on-the-nose that a lot of interviewers were asking about her status as the Villain and/or why she hasn't been facing the consequences of her actions.

Devs say "play SL to explore all that" but we'll see. Considering I hoped she'd stop being Warchief. Hoping to go 2/2 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It's getting pretty on-the-nose that a lot of interviewers were asking about her status as the Villain and/or why she hasn't been facing the consequences of her actions.
    Nobody asked the same thing about Gul'dan because they said that he would be dealt with in the Legion Blizzcon overview. Why they didn't do the same for Sylvanas is beyond me: they barely said anything about the story at the panel itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nobody asked the same thing about Gul'dan because they said that he would be dealt with in the Legion Blizzcon overview. Why they didn't do the same for Sylvanas is beyond me: they barely said anything about the story at the panel itself.
    They're either playing her up as being 20 steps ahead and all of her fails are planned and nothing takes her by surprise to have her fall really hard or they actually don't want her to suffer for her consequences/this is all some 1000iq plan that is "actually good".

But either way it's so plainly been shown/told to the players how much of a Mary-Sue she is that it's gotten boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    They're either playing her up as being 20 steps ahead and all of her fails are planned and nothing takes her by surprise to have her fall really hard or they actually don't want her to suffer for her consequences/this is all some 1000iq plan that is "actually good".

But either way it's so plainly been shown/told to the players how much of a Mary-Sue she is that it's gotten boring.
    The vibe I get is that her getting defeated is supposed to be a surprise and a big moment of relief, but I don't think the WoW audience is really a good one to string along like that. Unless they have research that shows that angry fanbase = profits.

Well, i mean Haidaes is right... they shouldn't do a blizzcon this year. Two BlizzCons in one year seems rather overkill.

- - - Updated - - -

The vibe I get is that her getting defeated is supposed to be a surprise and a big moment of relief, but I don't think the WoW audience is really a good one to string along like that. Unless they have research that shows that angry fanbase = profits.
    I think it's more likely they just keep their hand close so they can change things if they change their mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that majority will be actually happy with her getting due punishment, BfA really antagonized Sylvi. Add to that standard character exhaustion player get (there was a reason Khadgar was completely absent in BfA).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Reading comprehension isn't your forte, eh? I didn't claim it ain't happening, I'm saying all their games either release next year or are 1+ years out, they also have announced something for 4 of their 6 franchises with the other 2 being pretty much dead. It's the typical off year that you might as well skip - not that they will.

Reading comprehension isn't your forte, eh? I didn't claim it ain't happening, I'm saying all their games either release next year or are 1+ years out, they also have announced something for 4 of their 6 franchises with the other 2 being pretty much dead. It's the typical off year that you might as well skip - not that they will.
    You think it is an off year when they had announcements for all active franchises? What would you call last year, then, when they basically had nothing at all to announce? I could see them skipping next year, since they basically fired all their powder this time, but this BlizzCon barely had enough time to cover everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    We don't know for sure how far along they actually are, as the demo shown at Blizzcon could have been a much earlier build of what they are already working on remember they plan 2-3 expansions ahead and the team is quite huge.
    They didn't talk about a lot of the features, or did so barely and in vague terms. That means those features are not locked down yet, aka still somewhat early in development and prone to changes.

If they were further along internally they would be giving more details when people are clamouring for them.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Yknow, everyone keeps saying they have to release before BlizzCon in November. But I remember they occasionally used to have BlizzCon in August or October. They could always have an earlier BlizzCon and release Shadowlands AFTER BlizzCon.

If we want to debate later possible release dates anyway.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Yknow, everyone keeps saying they have to release before BlizzCon in November. But I remember they occasionally used to have BlizzCon in August or October. They could always have an earlier BlizzCon and release Shadowlands AFTER BlizzCon.

If we want to debate later possible release dates anyway.
    It's pointless to compare things to "wild west" times, people have expectations from Blizzcon now and going against them would make Blizz lose loooot of money.

For example how would you imagine MDI on next Blizzcon? With BfA dungeons third time in a row?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqCx9J-VG-I

i know most people don't seem to like this guy much, but he does bring up something interesting here.

i do very much wonder why the same symbol that's on the dark portal(a snake curled into an infinity symbol) is now showing up in the shadowlands, and why the mysterious hooded statues seem to be built around torghast too. also, those statues show up in another location in wow

knight's hollow... a GRAVE.

very interesting indeed.