Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Although not opposed to auras I really would like to know where they got their metrics from. I mean, did people really ask for auras that much? Instead of our blessings? I liked buffing a meaningful blessing (when they were meaningful) way more than choosing an aura that barely did anything. I mean, in cataclysm neither devo aura nor ret aura where that impactful if I remember correctly. Or am I wrong? Was new to the game then and never cared for auras, except if someone forgot to switch of pony aura.xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    WotLK Ret was only fun with I got to play Ret Roulette with the tier set that procced free Divine Storms on top of Divine Purpose so you could Divine Storm while Divine Storming.
    But divine storm wasn't a spender until MoP, and divine purpose as we know it today got changed into it with cataclysm, so even if you used the tier 10 set bonus in cata you woulnd't get to use Divine storm with divine purpose procs

Divine intervention or go home!

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    But divine storm wasn't a spender until MoP, and divine purpose as we know it today got changed into it with cataclysm, so even if you used the tier 10 set bonus in cata you woulnd't get to use Divine storm with divine purpose procs
    Yes, that's why I didn't mention Cata or MoP at all. I was referring solely to the wrath version.

Divine Storm in Wrath had a 10 sec cd.

I was wrong, however, and there was no Divine Purpose back then. I forgot it was the last iteration of using the old style tree with Divine Storm being the 51 pt talent.

Instead it was the T10 4pc that had a chance to proc a free Divine Storm off Divine Storm with a pretty high chance. So you could end up in a Divine Storm streak if lucky. There was another ability that procced, which I think was Exorcism, and could just go off procs for awhile instead of your other abilities, was glorious.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2019-11-12 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that's why I didn't mention Cata or MoP at all. I was referring solely to the wrath version.

Divine Storm in Wrath had a 10 sec cdhttps://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=53385.

I was wrong, however, and there was no Divine Purpose back then. I forgot it was the last iteration of using the old style tree with Divine Storm being the 51 pt talent.

Instead it was the T10 4pc that had a chance to proc a free Divine Storm off Divine Storm with a pretty high chance. So you could end up in a Divine Storm streak if lucky. There was another ability that procced, which I think was Exorcism, and could just go off procs for awhile instead of your other abilities, was glorious.
    well in that case we're on the same page

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see seals back but actually empower judgement....lets say judgement is on a 5 sec CD, but gets empowered on 5 -10 stacks of seal hits, so you have to decide to save the judgement or spend it. Have different seals be used for aoe, ST, healing regen, mana regen, so if you judge an empowered mana seal you get x% of mana back, this way we can drop holy power. Same thing for healing (tanks or healers), this way its important for holy pallies to be in melee range again (I love that idea).

I think the class fantasy has always been around seals, judgments, bubbles, blessings and auras....not all this other garbage like blade of justice or Templars Verdict

I also read something about CS doing something on another post and really liked the idea of it hitting multiple mobs if the ground is consecrated.
    “Without data, you're just another person with an opinion.” - William Deming

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    so... blade of justice with an aoe added on.
    The skill equivelant of saying "1v1 me, scrub!". It would be closer to something like Ring of Peace than Blade of Justice, but even that isn't a good comparison. Perhaps even creating an AoE set of Hunter traps might be a rough comparison too, but that's a long way off from being anything like an apt comparison. It's hard to give you a good comparison because there's nothing else that would really be comparable - On account of it being a unique skill that no other Class would have and all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Although not opposed to auras I really would like to know where they got their metrics from. I mean, did people really ask for auras that much? Instead of our blessings? I liked buffing a meaningful blessing (when they were meaningful) way more than choosing an aura that barely did anything. I mean, in cataclysm neither devo aura nor ret aura where that impactful if I remember correctly. Or am I wrong? Was new to the game then and never cared for auras, except if someone forgot to switch of pony aura.xD
    I'm guessing it might've been a case of players wanting to be like their old self again. "Paladins with auras, blessings and seals!" and Blizzard went "Eeh, let's pick the least difficult thing of the bunch and call it a job done."

Really want more information about how classes will look like already. Since one of the highlights basically were "We're fixing the stuff we broke about classes!", I need to see that they can get my favorite spec right.

10+ Year Old Account

Divine Storm in Wrath had a 10 sec cd.

The Art of War was the talent you took for the Exorcism procs. IIRC, it only procced on melee attack swings, but was like 20% or more to do so, so it was very common for it to be up.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Something that I recently thought about after stumbling over a thread in the official forums (someone suggested scrapping TV in favor of DS being our main spender): Making DS out main spender wouldn't be very wise (I remember having problems with cc'ed mobs back in WoD where we got emp. Divine Storm, which basically led to not using the empowered DS so you didn't break cc), but bringing back the old animation, giving us back Exorcism (same functionality as Blade of Justice but higher range) would free up the animation of BoJ (which I like) which then could be used for TV because, let's be honest, TV animation sucks.

Final Verdict or GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Ikim View Post
    Final Verdict or GTFO
    The hammer animation was good, but that Slam move from warrior wasn't fitting.

people defending holy power is pretty weird man. it really has almost no depth at all. you are still mostly hitting things when they light up due to all the generators having cds. it's still a priority system. there is no "spend 1-5 points" it is only "spend 3". there's no energy pooling. then there's the awkwardness when you're playing with EP and DP where you have so many procs you feel like no ability really does any damage because you have spammy generators on top of spammy spenders.

I will say in regard to the Auras, i assume we are going to see an updated variant of them kinda like how current Devotion Aura functions then that would be great. Its not just about getting our abilities back but also that they are updated.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind just getting MoP Devotion Aura back as a group-/raid-wide cooldown and instead of auras in general we got our seals back. Yeah, seals. As far as I remember auras, they were really fire and forget. Not to mention that auras barely did anything because they would have been overpowered if so. With seals you had the option to boost ST or AoE, had an additional slow for pvp (VERY welcome) and a self-healing/heal-boosting seal.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    With seals you had the option to boost ST or AoE, had an additional slow for pvp (VERY welcome) and a self-healing/heal-boosting seal.
    1) Boosting AOE/ST is binary and design that is universally criticized as not fun design.
    2) The additional slow for PVP is a good feature mechanically, but could trivially be baked into nearly any other aspect of the kit.
    3) The self healing was negligible at best, useless at worst.

If you want to bring seals back, they need to be meaningful and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    1) Boosting AOE/ST is binary and design that is universally criticized as not fun design.
    2) The additional slow for PVP is a good feature mechanically, but could trivially be baked into nearly any other aspect of the kit.

Seals would need to be interactive with abilities or some type of enabling system when a seal is active. Passive damage that always got nerfed was why people didnt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Seals would need to be interactive with abilities or some type of enabling system when a seal is active. Passive damage that always got nerfed was why people didnt like it.
    For sure, we're in agreement. I was just hitting the high notes, not the detailed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Same applies to auras. If the implementation is interesting and fun every system can work. That's what makes speculation fun I guess.:-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post

I fully agree. I just wanted to point out, that seals (in my opinion of course) had more impact (and thus brought more fun) than the auras that I know from cata. If they find an interesting way for them to work I am all for it. But just four symbols above my action bar which I only use to change to pony aura and back would be lame. Seals were at least a little bit more interactive. We desperatly need something more for AoE than just DS. If we don't get a multi target seal, at least some functionality for Cons (like prot has) would be nice.
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2019-11-15 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    HoW is becoming baseline ability for all paladins.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=296013/...runing-is-here

"Hammer of Wrath is no longer a talent!"
    Doesn't say it's baseline for all Paladins btw, just says it's no longer a talent (implies it's possible that it's Ret only, but baseline for Ret).