Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Isn't that funny though? "Ah! people expecting their video games to work on fucking release, sooo cringy!".
    Again huge variation of factors to take into account, one game didn't run on newly released CPUs according to Bellular Gaming until patched by Microsoft a month later.

And yes to create an account to tarnish the game mere hours after worldwide PC release because of peoples general lack of understanding of PC gaming is sad.

My only problem with the game is the problem the consoles had too.
    Randomly getting kicked from Red Dead Online with the "disconnect is from rockstars side" error code.

I'm curious, is the online system like the one from GTA V, or they actually bothered with dedicated servers this time around?
    Never played GTAV so.....

Many players have this issue. Seems even consoles have this issue for like forever.
    Guess I expected PC version Red Dead Online to be more stable than the console versions ;o

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, is the online system like the one from GTA V, or they actually bothered with dedicated servers this time around?
    Exactly the same.

People will just make private servers though.

It's bad enough they don't give a shit about the PC market but to wait a whole year, finally put it on PC (at full retail price despite being out already for a year) and have it be an absolute mess? When the hell are people going to wake up and stop supporting these companies? I assume the game is still an unplayable state right now? I'm really getting sick of getting excited about upcoming games only for the companies to fuck shit up. God it's pathetic how far players have allowed them to fall...
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    It's bad enough they don't give a shit about the PC market but to wait a whole year, finally put it on PC (at full retail price despite being out already for a year) and have it be an absolute mess? When the hell are people going to wake up and stop supporting these companies? I assume the game is still an unplayable state right now?
    Why would they release a title at lower than retail price? It's only been out a year and playable if you're a console gamer, there are many like myself who are PC gamers and if they didn't release it for PC I would not have the option to play this game period as I don't play console and haven't for many years.

The answer is not boycotting/stop supporting a company just because a % of players are struggling to run the game atm. If people's answers were to boycott all the time we'd have no game companies, no movies, no shops etc. It's for me at least in a totally playable state and I've completed it so it's not the entire playerbase if it was widespread where no one could play then sure they deserve full criticism.

And why would they care that much about the PC market? Most of their titles are released 6-12 months after their console counterparts, apart from a select few genres of games on PC the gaming scene is for the most part dead and has been for a while. Mobile and console is where the real money lies for business rn and will continue to do so.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-11-12 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    Why would they release a title at lower than retail price? It's only been out a year and playable if you're a console gamer, there are many like myself who are PC gamers and if they didn't release it for PC I would not have the option to play this game period as I don't play console and haven't for many years.

The answer is not boycotting/stop supporting a company just because a % of players are struggling to run the game atm. If people's answers were to boycott all the time we'd have no game companies, no movies, no shops etc. It's for me at least in a totally playable state and I've completed it so it's not the entire playerbase if it was widespread where no one could play then sure they deserve full criticism.

And why would they care that much about the PC market? Most of their titles are released 6-12 months after their console counterparts, apart from a select few genres of games on PC the gaming scene is for the most part dead and has been for a while. Mobile and console is where the real money lies for business rn and will continue to do so.
    Just because you didn't experience any of the issues doesn't make it acceptable. RDR2 launched on PC a YEAR after its release and in that time they couldn't properly port it? It's inexcusable for a company that never stops raking in money to not have the resources to make sure this shit doesn't happen. This isn't a minor graphical issue or a 'relog once and its fixed forever' deal it's literally bugs and error codes that prevent people that spent $60-$100 on a product from using that product. The whole industry sees this shit and knows it doesn't matter because people are selfish enough and dumb enough to 'forget and forgive' the moment the issue vanishes. "if it doesn't affect me it doesn't matter" is basically the motto of the human race in all aspects and it's pretty gross. It was a sizable amount of people facing these issues. Just because you 'lucked out' doesn't mean the mistakes don't matter.

Also your point of 'if people were to boycott everything we wouldn't have x' is absolutely ridiculous. You know what would happen if people held companies (we'll just focus on gaming companies right now) accountable? They'd either have to fix their shit or go under. Seeing as people (owners, stockholders, boards) don't want to see their company go under, they'd have to get with the program. If they don't? Their company goes under and good riddance to bad rubbish.

Also, to say that the 'PC Gaming Scene' is dead in any way is again, absurd.
    Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the game myself, just wanted to post this for anyone struggling with performance:

PC gaming is nowhere near dead. It's growing at a steady rate.

Mobile went through an explosion but is now increasing at about the same rate.

Console gaming is steadily increasing, but is also the lowest market share.

https://www.wepc.com/news/video-game...console-gaming

The mobile and console have going for them is a bunch of plebs who have less demanding standards for what it takes to milk money out of them.

If you expect to get $60 from a PC gamer, the game better:

Have 40+ hours of gameplay
    Have actually good gameplay
    Have actually good story
    Have impeccable graphics that run at 60FPS on hobby level systems
    Have little-to-no MTX tacked on

Miss one of those and you're in for hurt as far as reviews go.

Console people settle for half any of the above.

Mobile market just expects a free download and then some invented grind to make you want to dump whale amounts of money into a game that has the most basic gameplay and shit systems in existence. Mobile is for asians and whale poaching.

It's inexcusable for a company that never stops raking in money to not have the resources to make sure this shit doesn't happen.
    Disney+ is having major issues across the entire US on launch day and is the second largest media company in the world.
    Too many people act like everything can be foreseen and released in a perfect state, ya'll need to wake up.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a PC gamer there's always a PS4 emulator to look forward to.
    The answer is not boycotting/stop supporting a company just because a % of players are struggling to run the game atm. If people's answers were to boycott all the time we'd have no game companies, no movies, no shops etc.
    Boycotting works because if someone isn't buying RDR2 then they'll be buying Borderlands 3 or Code Vein.
    It's for me at least in a totally playable state and I've completed it so it's not the entire playerbase if it was widespread where no one could play then sure they deserve full criticism.
    Jayztwocents showed that he couldn't get the game to run on 3 different systems. Its like RockStar did zero quality control testing.
    PC gaming market is far bigger than you think. Dark Souls 3 sold 1.7 million on PC, 2 million on PS4 and 0.5 million on XB1. Prey on PC sold 300k while 270k on PS4 and 110k on XB1. Borderlands 3 is selling really well on PC. The real question is how is Xbox One surviving when most game sales are far worse than 50% of the PS4? So far Xbox One games on average get 1/4 of PS4 sales, and 1/8 with PC and PS4. I don't see the Xbox brand lasting much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    PC gaming market is far bigger than you think. Dark Souls 3 sold 1.7 million on PC, 2 million on PS4 and 0.5 million on XB1. Prey on PC sold 300k while 270k on PS4 and 110k on XB1. Borderlands 3 is selling really well on PC. The real question is how is Xbox One surviving when most game sales are far worse than 50% of the PS4? So far Xbox One games on average get 1/4 of PS4 sales, and 1/8 with PC and PS4. I don't see the Xbox brand lasting much longer.

[IMG]https://hardforum.com/attachments/newzoo-2019-global-games-market-per-segment-png.196824/[IMG]
    Microsoft are doing a very good job of merging the Xbox and PC market. You can buy any new game for either platform and get it for the other as well. So Xbox might survive as a budget "pc gaming" platform, for people who just want to buy, and then not think about it for 5+ years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Microsoft are doing a very good job of merging the Xbox and PC market. You can buy any new game for either platform and get it for the other as well. So Xbox might survive as a budget "pc gaming" platform, for people who just want to buy, and then not think about it for 5+ years
    That's what Microsoft wants, but that won't be what Microsoft gets. It took Microsoft how many years to bring their Halo games "back" to PC? Steam holds so much power that when EA screwed up with micro-transactions in their sports games, they put some of their games on Steam to try and appease their stock holders. Where are the Halo games going? That's right, on Steam.

I totally expect Microsoft to screw up again, like they did just before the launch of Xbox One. Maybe they'll force PC players to pay an Xbox Live fee to play online? Maybe they'll force developers on the Xbox platform to use their new DX12 Ray-Tracing? Maybe they'll push for $70 games? I don't know, but whatever it is, Microsoft is due for another stupid.

As for RDR2, I don't expect it to sell well on PC, not when the console version has been out for a year. Plus, with this whole buggy launch, I really can't see sales going in their favor. It's Batman all over again.

Dark Souls 3 sold 1.7 million on PC, 2 million on PS4 and 0.5 million on XB1
    Where are you pulling these numbers from? Some bullshit site like chartz? Because steamspy has it at 2-5 million(lol steamspy estimates) on PC and there aren't any verifiable numbers for the console sales that are up to date at any rate.

Disney+ is having major issues across the entire US on launch day and is the second largest media company in the world.
    Too many people act like everything can be foreseen and released in a perfect state, ya'll need to wake up.
    It is very, very clear that you're the type that just accepts whatever and allows companies to bend you over while asking for more. Being a sheep isn't what I aspire to be. I'd rather see a broken system fixed rather than 'just accept it' but hey, that's me.
    Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Where are you pulling these numbers from? Some bullshit site like chartz? Because steamspy has it at 2-5 million(lol steamspy estimates) on PC and there aren't any verifiable numbers for the console sales that are up to date at any rate.
    Bandai Namco did claim that there were 8 million copies sold, and if SteamSpy says 2-5 million then you can take the medium and say that the PC version has ~3.5 million copies. Nobody likes to release detailed information of sales, but you can extrapolate that PC is doing pretty good in sales. And yes, I'm also using VGChartz. It does say that the PC version sold 3.29m, PS4 sold 2.45m, and Xbox One sold 1.01m.

I know that none of my sources are accurate but it doesn't matter, as nearly any game that was released on PC and console at the same time generally does very well on PC. Well enough that it usually rivals PS4 in sales. Xbox does not, and generally does very poorly, which suggests that a lot of Xbox One owners aren't buying games. Maybe they also own PS4 or PC and prefer to get games on those instead? Either way the PC isn't bad in sales.

I know that none of my sources are accurate but it doesn't matter
    They're way more accurate than his "omg this is bs" gut feeling.

Anyway, RDR2's current state is unacceptable. When it runs, it runs smoothly, but crashes to desktop occur on the regular and the mouse bug is extremely annoying.

I don't know whether this is a bug or not, but TAA set on high makes the game look bit blurry and actually boosts FPS. That normal?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Anyway, RDR2's current state is unacceptable. When it runs, it runs smoothly, but crashes to desktop occur on the regular and the mouse bug is extremely annoying.

I don't know whether this is a bug or not, but TAA set on high makes the game look bit blurry and actually boosts FPS. That normal?
    A lot of the problems seem to be CPU related, as this problem acts different with AMD and Intel. So I wonder if this is the fault of Denuvo, as that makes extensive use of the CPU?

It is very, very clear that you're the type that just accepts whatever and allows companies to bend you over while asking for more. Being a sheep isn't what I aspire to be. I'd rather see a broken system fixed rather than 'just accept it' but hey, that's me.
    More like a realistic person. Everyone should know that making a PC game functional is far harder than creating a game for console which all have the exact same hardware for ~10 year cycles.

Rockstar has even commented today that they came across unforeseen issues caused by Nvidia graphic drivers (out of their hands), Nvidia GPUs and some processors (some of which could be driver / firmware related again out of their hands) which my earlier posts commented on.

There is a huge multitude of components that come into play with PC gaming but clearly by the public's outroar Rockstar should of tested every possible variable on the market between thousands of products and thousands of combinations, be real. Problem with people today is they act impatient and privileged.

They are not ignoring the issue and are working with Nvidia to fix the issues, if you think it's as easy as people think it clearly is you should try to become a game developer yourself.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-11-13 at 08:50 PM.

More like a realistic person. Everyone should know that making a PC game functional is far harder than creating a game for console which all have the exact same hardware for ~10 year cycles.

Rockstar has even commented today that they came across unforeseen issues across Nvidia graphic drivers (out of their hands), Nvidia GPUs and some processors which my earlier posts commented on, there is a huge multitude of components that come into play with PC gaming but clearly by the public's outroar Rockstar should of tested every possible variable on the market between thousands of products and thousands of combinations, be real.
    Yet somehow thousands of other studios manage to deliver good quality products every month. Rockstar has no excuse here, be real.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.