View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Gyrocopter pilot

Gnome or Dwarf?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Gyrocopter pilot

Gnome or Dwarf?
    Dwarf probably

I wonder if in the next update we will see some changes or not..

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I wonder if in the next update we will see some changes or not..
    Work, work

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    Work, work
    work is da poop

5+ Year Old Account
    work is da poop
    Me not dat kinda orc

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    You and a lot of other people. Personally, I like the female models and voices, and I'm always up for more options and customization, however, one thing that I heavily dislike, is being forced into things. And if it stays random, instead of being an additional option...I won't be happy. But yeah, it's 2019, so my hopes are...low. After all, nowadays male=bad female=good.

Curious if they will genderbend old female heroes into males as well, or will things only work one way...oh, who am I kidding.
    I'm more curious as to why only the DK and DHs are getting this treatment.

Almost all of the other heros except for maybe.....Mountain Kings, KotG, Lich, Crypt Lords, Dread lords, and a few of the neutral heros could all be both male and female.

Hell a Female Arch Mage is one of the main characters of the story lol; and they chose to only make female versions for DK and DHs? Potm has lore reasons, some others too but most?

........5 dollar content packs? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyfish View Post
    Messing around with the WE, there's plenty new doodad models for a nice Silvermoon revamp.
    Still the old Sunwell Model atm though.

Quick Mock-up of different High Elf assets
    Could have sworn I saw a new Sunwell asset a bit ago. If they're redrawing the map to be like it's WoW layout it would be in the back though on SWP rather than in Silvermoon proper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    and they chose to only make female versions for DK and DHs?
    The males are in the game, they just don't have models yet and are all represented by Arthas. They didn't choose to only make female versions, the female model simply happens to be the one that's defaulted in game right now.

I would suspect this is done on purpose to get people to familiarize with the female, gauge feedback on how fans would react to something that is obviously new and divergent from classic War3. If it were just randomized and working-as-intended, people who don't often play undead might never see the female DK in action just due to RNG, and there wouldn't be much feedback and data gained on that.

I mean to be honest, the biggest complaints so far have been 'I don't have male options!' and since Blizzard has always planned the male DK to be in there, there isn't really anything they have to worry about. IMO it would be a bigger concern to if people weren't even aware there was a female DK model at all.

And to be honest, we're still gonna get a lot of that since only a very small tiny fraction of players follow beta and datamine news. The vast majority will likely not even be aware this game has Multiplayer skins, even when it's listed right on the 'package.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    To summarize, some people don't like being forced into things, so while they support the additional customization and options of having male or female heroes, they aren't happy about this being not an additional option, but simply a "random" feature, where sometimes you will get hero of a gender that you did not want at the time. Those arguments are countered by the "progressive" and "tolerant" crowd, not with arguments, but as usual, with mere insults. Which, especially in Warcraft 3, make absolutely zero sense, since Warcraft was always known for it's iconic, strong female characters, which not a single person had a problem with. And yet, the "tolerant" crowd is in such a hurry to defend their own views attack everyone who has different views than them, that they completely ignore all arguments made by the "anti" crowd, and instead just call them "incels", and strut around the place like it's some kind of discussion-winning argument.

In short, the usual.
    While I agree with the concept here. I do feel obligated to make one small correction.

WarCraft 3 Not WarCraft in general, was known for it's iconic strong, female characters. Before WarCraft 3 the only Strong Female character was Aleria, who existed in just a few missions of Beyond the Dark Portal (The WC2 expansion) and whose character existed for the sake of there being an Elven hero unit (with BtDP being a hero focused story). Aleria is also incidentally the second female unit to exist across all previous WarCraft games, and the only one to exist across both WC2 games. (The first female unit in WarCraft game history of course being garona, who was unplayable in the WC1 orc campaign and served as a plot device)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, i want to have all these skins as an option that you can tick on in the menu and stuff like that, i doubt people will be forced on that when the game releases, because there are 3 versions of DK in game files and 3 versions of dh(info from one guy from the forums).

I don't find randomized stuff like that enjoyable, but pretty much the discussions about that went different way and you have really outraged purists saying that female dk's don't fit the lore or female paladins don't fit the lore, because even ladder matches are now considered by those people as something big lorewise.
    female DKs do fit the lore; as the scourge killed indiscriminately.

Female paladins however actually don't fit the lore or rather might not. It would be stupidly easy for blizzard to retcon it though as there isn't anything in the lore that specifically says that only men were allowed to join the Order of the Silver Hand. The first Paladins were men sure, the Knights with the highest virtue were recruited to form it (Uther, Tirion etc) and even some clerics who would then join the knighthood (Turalyon).

But I can't really see anything that says that the Silver Hand ever made it a rule that would only allow men to join. Some might argue that The Alliance is based on human history, and in human history women could not be knights. But that doesn't really count imo. Blizz could kill that with a sentence that just said something like "While women didn't join the order in the early days, it wasn't due to any rule. Uther wouldn't turn away new recruits based on gender" and then blammo.

If that isn't enough well then Joan the Maid says hi too lol.

(tl;dr I agree with you people are effing silly)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    Perhaps Blizzard’s reasoning was that names for heroes are randomly generated, so the unit models ought to be randomized as well?

In an MMO, forcing rather than offering options would be unforgivable. This is an RTS though, not an MMO, so maybe their thinking is that the connection between the player and an individual unit - hero or non - is supposed to be less personal.
    I demand Male mage and female priest units! Stop forcing male elves into the priesthood! equal rights for dwarven riflewomen!
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by karzal View Post
    No retcons, some minor additions, such as the presence of Anasterian during the invasion of Quel´Thalas. They had planned some new missions to put characters such as Jaina and Sylvanas into a spotlight, but that idea has been scrapped due to mixed responses.
    Thank God for that. I hope that means there won't be any of the promised "fixing up" the dialogues and retconns that would follow because of it.

One thing I'd really like to see them change to match WoW is the design of the Tomb of Sargeras and Suramar.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Thank God for that. I hope that means there won't be any of the promised "fixing up" the dialogues and retconns that would follow because of it.
    They promised something else plus the option to play the old campaign. So I am not exactly sure what you are thankful about.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    If it weren't for the war3 campaign I wouldn't even have WOW on my games radar... heck I don't know anyone that would have given a shit about it if there was no warcraft 3...
    Without WC3 WoW was, by dev admission, just another MMO with heavy Everquest influences lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    ? The point the other poster was making was that WoW was made as a response to fan maps and custom games in WC3, I noted that WoW started development at least a year and a half before Reign of Chaos was even released so their statement made no sense at all. I'm not claiming WoW was conceived of not released before Warcraft 3.
    I'm pretty sure that other dude was thinking of DotA. DotA and by extension the entire MOBA genre, was born in the WC3 custom map screen.

Some people convinced themselves that WoW was for some reason because of those popular maps like Sols open RPG that let you use codes to import characters from previous games I imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The males are in the game, they just don't have models yet and are all represented by Arthas. They didn't choose to only make female versions, the female model simply happens to be the one that's defaulted in game right now.

I would suspect this is done on purpose to get people to familiarize with the female, gauge feedback on how fans would react to something that is obviously new and divergent from classic War3. If it were just randomized and working-as-intended, people who don't often play undead might never see the female DK in action just due to RNG, and there wouldn't be much feedback and data gained on that.

I mean to be honest, the biggest complaints so far have been 'I don't have male options!' and since Blizzard has always planned the male DK to be in there, there isn't really anything they have to worry about. IMO it would be a bigger concern to if people weren't even aware there was a female DK model at all.

And to be honest, we're still gonna get a lot of that since only a very small tiny fraction of players follow beta and datamine news. The vast majority will likely not even be aware this game has Multiplayer skins, even when it's listed right on the 'package.
    Context. The rest of my post indicates that I am confused as to why they would only make female versions for those two heros as opposed to every hero where it makes sense. I didn't say anything that, unless snipped and taken out of context, suggests that I think they are only making female DK and DHs.

I'm pretty sure that other dude was thinking of DotA. DotA and by extension the entire MOBA genre, was born in the WC3 custom map screen.

Some people convinced themselves that WoW was for some reason because of those popular maps like Sols open RPG that let you use codes to import characters from previous games I imagine.
    Had that person said DOTA/LoL I would have fully agreed. While Starcraft was the first game to feature such maps (Aeon of Strife comes to mind), it was WC3's DOTA that eventually spawned the entire genre. But to say that WoW was is a silly mistake considering it was halfway through development when Reign of Chaos released and I daresay the custom map scene only really took off with Frozen Throne.

I also remember maps like War of the Ring and Dark Deeds. Man I hope the custom game scene is as vibrant in Reforged as it was back then.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Had that person said DOTA/LoL I would have fully agreed. While Starcraft was the first game to feature such maps (Aeon of Strife comes to mind), it was WC3's DOTA that eventually spawned the entire genre. But to say that WoW was is a silly mistake considering it was halfway through development when Reign of Chaos released and I daresay the custom map scene only really took off with Frozen Throne.

I also remember maps like War of the Ring and Dark Deeds. Man I hope the custom game scene is as vibrant in Reforged as it was back then.
    Yeah it was a stretch but that was the only sense I could make of it. (Dang I forgot about AoS!)

Yeah those TFT maps were amazing for sure. I remember one that was Orcs vs Humans and it was basically just supposed to be a sim of WC1 and you'd have a base that spawned units and auto-sent them to attack the other base. (I guess basically moba without heros?) Ah, yes. I thought I had heard somewhere that the old maps would all work in reforged too; hope that didn't get cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    No fixing up the dialogues They have decided against rerecording the voices with new voice actors

New update is here - 3v3, 4v4, and FFA are available. Still no Night Elves though
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

And the night elves have always been my favorite race I'm waiting for. It's a shame to admit, but it's been around 2 weeks since I bought Reforged and just today I discovered that I have access to the standard version of W3. IMO The standard version is much clearer

I'm more curious as to why only the DK and DHs are getting this treatment.

Almost all of the other heros except for maybe.....Mountain Kings, KotG, Lich, Crypt Lords, Dread lords, and a few of the neutral heros could all be both male and female.

Hell a Female Arch Mage is one of the main characters of the story lol; and they chose to only make female versions for DK and DHs? Potm has lore reasons, some others too but most?

........5 dollar content packs? lol
    Yeah, I think Paladin, Blood Mage, Blademaster, and Farseer could also have been fine candidates for female versions. People who got the Spoils of War edition will already have the option of having a female Archmage with the BFA Jaina skin. I'll definitely be interested to see if they will be expanding on those.

My guess as to why the started with just DK and DH was because Undead and Night Elves were being developed later and they had more time to explore those kinds of design choices.

I got hooked to WC3 1v1 and it's clear to me that old graphics are superior if you really want to win. It's easier on the eyes, icons are just better, no weird mouse lag.
    I kinda expected pros to play original to seem more old-school and og, but it's on a whole other level.

There is still hope for the custom maps scene, good ideas for mobile games could spawn there.
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz