Poll: Fastest boss clear of MC in 2019 starting from entrance

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrquickfoot View Post
    Should be timed from zone in not luci pull with tons of trash pre cleared.
    Did you watch the video posted? (i know it was horrible to watch, but better without sound on) no pre clearing, and timer started at first trash pull.

Always great to come back to threads like this to shove some facts in people's faces. Salad bakers are going again this Wednesday with half the ranged dps. Inc 20 mins

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Always great to come back to threads like this to shove some facts in people's faces. Salad bakers are going again this Wednesday with half the ranged dps. Inc 20 mins
    Do you know if they are streaming it?

Should stream how long they take to get all their buffs and make sure to add that to their time

Onslaught with the 30min run after losing 3-4 mins on Geddon because their dps are stupid as FUCK.

I didn’t look at it real carefully but I got the impression they were gonna kill him before anyone died.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

My bet is something around 15-20 minutes, if 30 is achievable then 20 is undoubtedly achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    My bet is something around 15-20 minutes, if 30 is achievable then 20 is undoubtedly achievable.
    By that logic, if 20 minutes is achievable, 10 minutes is undoubtedly achievable. I bet a run in the future will end up being instant.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You guys are delusional if you honestly think that MC cleared in 20-45 minutes in MC gear and/or greens/blues will happen.
    I love coming back to threads to see shit like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    By that logic, if 20 minutes is achievable, 10 minutes is undoubtedly achievable. I bet a run in the future will end up being instant.
    By that logic, it was so fast that it already happened.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Do you know if they are streaming it?
    I don't know if we're allowed to stream it but if anyone is streaming then our GM will for sure https://www.twitch.tv/laty1337

Should stream how long they take to get all their buffs and make sure to add that to their time
    If you're going to say stupid shit like this at least look up how long regular raids without world buff/special buff stacking actually take. A normal run takes us anywhere between 35-45 mins. We also have 2 raid teams doing this every week.

Meanwhile you take 28 mins deciding which warlock is going to banish which Garr add while we aoe down all at the same time

- - - Updated - - -

We were doing MC in under an hour back in 2006 and we were fucking noobs. I have videos from that time which I will never show anyone out of embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    By that logic, it was so fast that it already happened.

I gave a pretty good, conservative estimation on page 1, before classic was even out in where I laid out that I figured 30 minutes was a good time, but looking at Salad Bakers current performance and give them another 6 (12 splits) weeks of beta testing their runs + split gear, I think they can get it down to 25-20 minutes by just gear osmosis and general performance improvements.

Either way, if not Salad Bakers, then Onslaught, Apes, Progress.

But hey, if you think 30 minutes is the peak when there's 6 weeks left, you're not even on the level to have this discussion to begin with.
    Last edited by OriginalName; 2019-11-12 at 09:33 PM.

Getting under 20 minutes before BWL would be mighty challenging.

It’s be taking one of the fastest clears to date and cutting more than 25% off the time.

And better gear will help, but that 200 AP from DM ain’t gonna change.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    If you're going to say stupid shit like this at least look up how long regular raids without world buff/special buff stacking actually take. A normal run takes us anywhere between 35-45 mins. We also have 2 raid teams doing this every week.

Meanwhile you take 28 mins deciding which warlock is going to banish which Garr add while we aoe down all at the same time

- - - Updated - - -
    Don't forget to multiply that time for however many split runs you did so you could funnel gear to people

Don't forget to multiply that time for however many split runs you did so you could funnel gear to people
    We don't do split runs, we have a wednesday and a sunday raiding team. Both run with the same 40 people in the group every single week. Wanna try again and embarass yourself or is twice enough for the day?

I'm sure you didnt use people from each "separate" run for your speed run, and they certainly didn't happen to be the better geared players from each "different" group. LOL. Listen what you guys did is cool and grats on some random arbitrary achievement you can only get by making sure you attune someone to ony every week, but stop trying to act like you don't waste way more time setting up for your clears than random pugs who clear it in 1.5-2hrs.

What is the fastest theoretical time you can walk through MC if there was nothing alive, without help from movespeed or blink or anything else?
    Add the fastest boss kill times, and there you have it, the world record time.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Getting under 20 minutes before BWL would be mighty challenging.

It’s be taking one of the fastest clears to date and cutting more than 25% off the time.

And better gear will help, but that 200 AP from DM ain’t gonna change.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    What is the fastest theoretical time you can walk through MC if there was nothing alive, without help from movespeed or blink or anything else?
    Add the fastest boss kill times, and there you have it, the world record time.
    Swiftness pots, nifty stopwatch, cheetah, separate kill groups, skull of impending doom, optimized comp, a well regimented route and so forth all add up.

I don't think 20 minutes is gonna be easy, but 25 minutes is honestly not a stretch, at all.