Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    I'd like to point out that lil section there. One of the Few, and not even that important in the long run. Despite the fact that horde players only cling to their end without knowing the full details (as in what happened on the alliance side) and just run rampant screaming "Alliance are evil!" Just to try and have SOMETHING to point out the Alliance can be just as awful.

Yet turned a blind eye to every other deplorable act the horde have ever done, Southshore, Theramore, and the most recent Darkshore/Darnassus just to name a few. While Theramore was a Military target true, it was done in a disgusting and horrendous way that makes Camp-T look like a joke. As someone who plays both sides frequently I cannot believe the audacity of some horde players who will reach for literally anything to try and say they are not as bad as the alliance.
    I love this about the: which faction more evil debate.

The horde argument: a single sheet of A4 paper proudly held aloft as if its gospel.

Meanwhile
    The alliance argument: * beeb beeb beeb as a large 18 wheeler backs up absolutly stuffed with pallets full of boxes filled with page after page of all the horde has done in the last 15 years. With another truck in the wings should the horde bring up stuff that pre dates the third war aka WC3.

Im being hyperbolic obviously, hower that doesn't make it less true.

I take confort that the horde is now stuck with Nomi and being the furry faction.
    Last edited by bowlink; 2019-11-12 at 03:06 PM.

At last, the greatest Allied Race thus far joins The Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    Oh god, Taurajo again. Garrosh started that war. The Alliance retaliated. What makes a military target a military target? Who defines that? It was a quest hub.

You want the Tauren to seek revenge for that? Then the Alliance will seek revenge for that, and everyone will seek revenge for the previous act forever for all eternity. Maybe Baine denied his people revenge, because it would lead to more and more deaths, including more Tauren deaths. More unnecessary Tauren deaths.

How about the Alliance seek revenge for the orc invasion in WC1 and raze Orgrimmar to the ground right now? How about the Draenei seek revenge for the slaughter of their entire race? Jesus Christ, try to make some sense.
    A military target means that it's a target that houses soldiers or is where an army keeps weapons/vehicles. Theramore was a military target because it was the Alliance's biggest naval installation. Camp Taurajo was just a village of civilians that the Alliance burned to the ground. If the Alliance wanted to try and burn Orgrimmar to the ground then sure. That would be proper retalliation. Same with the draenei. But attacking purely civilian towns is a war crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    I love this about the: which faction more evil debate.

The horde argument: a single sheet of A4 paper proudly held aloft as if its gospel.

Meanwhile
    The alliance argument: * beeb beeb beeb as a large 18 wheeler backs up absolutly stuffed with pallets full of boxes filled with page after page of all the horde has done in the last 15 years. With another truck in the wings should the horde bring up stuff that pre dates the third war aka WC3.

Im being hyperbolic obviously, hower that doesn't make it less true.

I take confort that the horde is now stuck with Nomi and being the furry faction.
    I rarely ever see any Horde that says the Horde has done nothing wrong. Most Horde fans I know are willing to admit that yeah, the things the Horde has done in the past was fucked up. Alliance fans, on the other hand, refuse to acknowledge anything the Alliance has done was horrific and was somehow justified. Hell, there's Alliance fans that justify orcs being turned into slaves and forced into gladitorial combat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    A military target means that it's a target that houses soldiers or is where an army keeps weapons/vehicles. Theramore was a military target because it was the Alliance's biggest naval installation. Camp Taurajo was just a village of civilians that the Alliance burned to the ground. If the Alliance wanted to try and burn Orgrimmar to the ground then sure. That would be proper retalliation. Same with the draenei. But attacking purely civilian towns is a war crime.
    Define soldier. Every player character can be seen as a soldier of the Horde, therefore every quest hub can be seen as a military base, training soldiers, by providing them with experience, armor and weapons.

Pretty sad to see the Horde struggle with such pathetic problems.

Yes, I'm sure bringing some meat to some orcs and beating their random noname taskmaster, killing some naga who are already a defeated race, and telling some other races to do what they do best during production of vine, could only be done by the hero of Azeroth. These complicated problems are surely too much for racial leaders.

Sad, but also goes to show you that the devs feel it's appropriate to make a joke of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

I rarely ever see any Horde that says the Horde has done nothing wrong. Most Horde fans I know are willing to admit that yeah, the things the Horde has done in the past was fucked up. Alliance fans, on the other hand, refuse to acknowledge anything the Alliance has done was horrific and was somehow justified. Hell, there's Alliance fans that justify orcs being turned into slaves and forced into gladitorial combat.
    Really Gladitorial combat now where have i heard that before. oh yea Rehgar Earthfury forcing Varian Fucking Wrynn.

and on denying Attrocities commited. im just pointing out that the ones committed by the alliance can be counted on one hand with fingers left over.
    while the horde ones could fill a small novel.

Really Gladitorial combat now where have i heard that before. oh yea Rehgar Earthfury forcing Varian Fucking Wrynn.

and on denying Attrocities commited. im just pointing out that the ones committed by the alliance can be counted on one hand with fingers left over.
    while the horde ones could fill a small novel.
    The only reason you say it can only be counted on one hand is because, much like every other Alliance fan I've debated with, you probably don't count a lot of the shit the Alliance has done and considered it 100% justified. So I'm just gonna save my breath and not even bother to debate this with you because it is abundantly clear that you'll just justify anything I bring up.

The only reason you say it can only be counted on one hand is because, much like every other Alliance fan I've debated with, you probably don't count a lot of the shit the Alliance has done and considered it 100% justified. So I'm just gonna save my breath and not even bother to debate this with you because it is abundantly clear that you'll just justify anything I bring up.
    shoot. camp Taurajo thats 1. Jaina's Dalaran excapade thats 2. Dazar'alor thats 3. please inlighten me on others mind you if you mention anything that predates WC3. that means so can i. and that will tip the scales in my favor even more.

I played through this and laughed out-loud at the Nomi section - when I came around a corner and saw he'd actually managed to intentionally set fire to grapes as part of his wine making process.

Probably the least "Warcrafty" race ever, I don't like it. The race feels like it belongs in an Asian MMO game. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Probably the least "Warcrafty" race ever, I don't like it. The race feels like it belongs in an Asian MMO game. Meh.

Pandaren tho

Quote Originally Posted by kokenhalliwell View Post
    Not buying next expansion since I wanted the Vulperas for the Alliance and as usual de Horde is getting the better races/benefits. Fuck u Bli$$ard
    In what universe would they be alliance? This isn’t even a Nightborne thing where it could have gone either way. The Horde has a while zone helping them out. The Alliance doesn’t have anything with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Gonna see a lot more vulpera than mecha gnomes for sure.
    That saddens me. At least Tauren never felt like a furry race. Probably because they’re not cutesy. Vulpera should have been ugly rat like beasties instead and they would have felt more horde like.

- - - Updated - - -

Not buying next expansion since I wanted the Vulperas for the Alliance and as usual de Horde is getting the better races/benefits. Fuck u Bli$$ard
    Bahaha you’re joking right? I’d take literally alliance allied race over the furry one. Also why would you expect the allied race that horde have an entire zone dedicated to helping to be alliance? That’s like expecting KulTiran humans to be horde.

shoot. camp Taurajo thats 1. Jaina's Dalaran excapade thats 2. Dazar'alor thats 3. please inlighten me on others mind you if you mention anything that predates WC3. that means so can i. and that will tip the scales in my favor even more.
    Are you sure you’re an alliance player? Your cognitive dissonance doesn’t seem quite strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    That saddens me. At least Tauren never felt like a furry race. Probably because they’re not cutesy. Vulpera should have been ugly rat like beasties instead and they would have felt more horde like.
    I honestly don't get why people still cling to the concept of "Horde = ugly, Alliance = beautiful". The Horde is a mix of utterly different species, and there is no reason why hunchbacks and ugly appearances are a prerequisite. Even in classic Beta people bitched and moaned about Tauren. Boo hoo, cow people make us a joke. More spikes, more drool!

We then had identical notions when the Blood Elves joined (too smooth and shiny), the Goblins (too cute), the Pandaren (too furry), the Nightborn (More elves! They should at least look like addict junkies!) and now with Vulpera.

Give it an addon or two and no one will care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Pandaren tho
    Haha yeah true, but at least Pandaren were in WC3 and somehow managed to fit in with the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    sethrak would be perfect for the alliance.

mechagnomes can go diaf
    Sethrak look awesome for alliance but I believe they didn't put because gear doesn't fit on them well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palemoon View Post
    I honestly don't get why people still cling to the concept of "Horde = ugly, Alliance = beautiful". The Horde is a mix of utterly different species, and there is no reason why hunchbacks and ugly appearances are a prerequisite. Even in classic Beta people bitched and moaned about Tauren. Boo hoo, cow people make us a joke. More spikes, more drool!

We then had identical notions when the Blood Elves joined (too smooth and shiny), the Goblins (too cute), the Pandaren (too furry), the Nightborn (More elves! They should at least look like addict junkies!) and now with Vulpera.

Give it an addon or two and no one will care anymore.
    No they didn't bitch about Tauren. Don't even lie man. Tauren were in WC3 and no one had any issues with WC3 races being in the horde. I will agree though people had an issue with Blood Elves. I did too. And I was right, over half the fucking horde became Blood Elves. We didn't stop seeing them as the major race until MANY MANY years later. Shit they still may be the most played horde race. Also I never once heard anyone say goblins were cute. You're stretching bro.

Vulpera were never going to go to the alliance.

Especially after the incursions into Vol'dun where alliance soldiers were burning down their caravans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post

Bahaha you’re joking right? I’d take literally alliance allied race over the furry one. Also why would you expect the allied race that horde have an entire zone dedicated to helping to be alliance? That’s like expecting KulTiran humans to be horde.
    I could see Kul Tiran humans for the horde, but only from those pirates the horde ally with to gain a foothold in tiragrade sound. But that isn't enough to justify an allied race though.

- - - Updated - - -

He let Camp Taurajo happen and refused to let the tauren seek revenge, claiming it was a "military target" when it wasn't.
    A village that trains armed combatants is not a military target?

Right...........

It is also a village right on the border of the barrens and Mulgore. It was going to be destroyed either way by alliance forces besieging Mulgore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    What? For it to be an asian mmo, it would need to look like a human with ears and a tail. This is too beasty/non-human for an asian mmo. Also needs more elves and wings to be an asian mmo.