Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    fam, it's already scheduled to release on or before 12/31/2020.

what crack are you on

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic Steward View Post
    Right and the original target date was when? That's what I'm trying to find out, because I have no memory of an actual release date other than the Jan one.
    So just to be clear - you dont accept Blizzard themselves acknowledging they missed their deadline and decided to delay the launch until the next year as proof? The quote linked was Blizzards own comment on the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    fam, it's already scheduled to release on or before 12/31/2020.

what crack are you on
    And bc was supposed to release before xmas, but they delayed it until the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So what you are saying, is people in EU can sue an American company under EU law for delaying a launch?
    "This is what the law says:
    If you don't receive your goods within 30 days, or within the agreed time, you should remind the trader giving them an additional, reasonable time limit to deliver. For example, if the trader has informed you that your delivery is delayed by a week because of problems with his suppliers you should consider giving him that extra week.

If the trader still doesn't deliver within the extended deadline then you're entitled to terminate your contract and be reimbursed as soon as possible. You don't have to give the trader extra time if they refuse to deliver or when an agreed delivery period is essential, for example, if you need the goods for a specific event, such as a dress for a wedding, and you have informed the trader of this in advance."

So even if you go completely nuts: They have until early February 2020 to release it before anyone in EU can ask for a refund. Nobody is suing anyone around a freaking game pre-order.

It's probably coming around August or something. Like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So just to be clear - you dont accept Blizzard themselves acknowledging they missed their deadline and decided to delay the launch until the next year as proof? The quote linked was Blizzards own comment on the situation.
    No, that is not what I said. I am asking WHAT THE DEADLINE THEY MISSED WAS, because I don't remember it. That's all. You're attributing to me an argument I'm not making here, I'm just asking what the deadline was that was delayed. All I remember was 'winter', off-hand mentions by Blizzard they were hoping before Christmas, and then the official release date of Jan.

I mean, I've been pretty clear on what I'm asking here:
    Right and the original target date was when? That's what I'm trying to find out,
    Ok but what was the previously announced firm release date? That's what I'm asking.
    I don't know how you are not understanding the question and I don't know how you're concocting the fictional argument I'm not making.

I’m confused - they showed us a lot of the art/zones (WotLk/Cata/MoP/WoD did not) - and they talked about the general shape of the big features.
    What else do expansion announcements normally do? Why is everyone taking this and then acting like Shadowlands is 18 months away?

It's November and we still don't even have an official release date for Warcraft 3: Reforged. What makes WoW so different?

'Expected by: 12/31/2019' is just there to allow them to sell pre-orders. WoW is no different and judging by what Preach gathered from the WoW team, we're probably going to get the expansion by December or later.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna be released late August of 2020, or early October at the latest. Them saying December 2020 at the latest is them covering their asses from a legal stand point in case something goes disastrously wrong .

All of the reasons as to why this is going to be the case is pants on head retarded. 8.3 pushed back? Not really. You realize that aside from the first tier of an expansion, that trends in recent years put a 0.1 patch at a shelf life of about 6 months? 8.2 launched on June 25th, an early January release date puts that time frame right around the typical 6 month patch cycle, with their 0.0.5 patch hitting around the 2-3 month mark (which was released several weeks ago now).

From that release in early January we have an 8 to 9 month window between August/September which is likely the ideal target for them to hit. From a financial standpoint that's where they want it to be, as it's right before (in the case of August), or right after a quarterly report (which beings in September).

I'm not sure how they don't achieve this target, even if some of the goals they set forth are lofty in regards to overhauling the leveling experience and numerous promises to evaluate each and every class. Not having to worry about a new class or races helps though.

Regardless this thread is retarded.

leak season is over

i get it
    you want to try and pass off your pessimistic view as fact

stop it
    get help

You didn't even try.
    -There is no art? Okay I guess if we ignore all the ART we saw.
    -Maw might be scrapped? You realize this is like saying the Broken Shore will be scrapped right? It is how we enter the shadowlands and how we enter Torghast, it might have features scrapped from it but the zone will absolutely be there.
    -2021? People say stuff like this every expansion. They said WoD would be 2015, Legion would be 2017, and BFA would be 2019.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I’m confused - they showed us a lot of the art/zones (WotLk/Cata/MoP/WoD did not) - and they talked about the general shape of the big features.
    What else do expansion announcements normally do? Why is everyone taking this and then acting like Shadowlands is 18 months away?
    Just compare any previous expansion features announcement trailer to Shadowlands one. Shadowlands one was so empty they even had to separate the 4 zones into separate features. Previous expacs just bunched them into "new continent" or "new world".

Blizzcon is over, put the leaks away for at least 9 months please.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    Just compare any previous expansion features announcement trailer to Shadowlands one. Shadowlands one was so empty they even had to separate the 4 zones into separate features. Previous expacs just bunched them into "new continent" or "new world".
    Counterargument: Instead of just bundling "New World: Shadowlands" and giving us a cursory overview they gave us a slightly deeper look at each zone, and this is the argument that they have 'less' done?

"This is what the law says:
    If you don't receive your goods within 30 days, or within the agreed time, you should remind the trader giving them an additional, reasonable time limit to deliver. For example, if the trader has informed you that your delivery is delayed by a week because of problems with his suppliers you should consider giving him that extra week.

If the trader still doesn't deliver within the extended deadline then you're entitled to terminate your contract and be reimbursed as soon as possible. You don't have to give the trader extra time if they refuse to deliver or when an agreed delivery period is essential, for example, if you need the goods for a specific event, such as a dress for a wedding, and you have informed the trader of this in advance."

So even if you go completely nuts: They have until early February 2020 to release it before anyone in EU can ask for a refund. Nobody is suing anyone around a freaking game pre-order.
    Many people would be disappointed, and history shows many will threaten to sue and cancel subs and burn blizzard HQ, but no one will do anything. They will suck it up, and accept that delays happen in every industry, especially entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't get it. You just did exactly the same thing that I did..bump a thread. And the fact remains that OP dropped bait. Granted...I swallowed it - but what is there to discuss...oh..."adult" ^^

Do you really enjoy it when somebody drops some low effort bait and you need to do all the work filling in the gaps? I stand by what I said. Putting "Leak" into a thread title and not even providing anything resembling a leak, a source and just a lame ass "from what I heard" is pathetic.

It does not belittle what arguments people bring up afterwards or what people contribute. It is just that. OP throwing weak ass bait out. I can't believe you need to attack me and appear to defend OP by doing so.
    Like i said, many of us are having an interesting discussion, i am contributing to the thread and enjoying the discussion. I didnt bump the thread, i contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't get it. You just did exactly the same thing that I did..bump a thread. And the fact remains that OP dropped bait. Granted...I swallowed it - but what is there to discuss...oh..."adult" ^^

Do you really enjoy it when somebody drops some low effort bait and you need to do all the work filling in the gaps? I stand by what I said. Putting "Leak" into a thread title and not even providing anything resembling a leak, a source and just a lame ass "from what I heard" is pathetic.

It does not belittle what arguments people bring up afterwards or what people contribute. It is just that. OP throwing weak ass bait out. I can't believe you need to attack me and appear to defend OP by doing so.
    the guy has 30 posts in this thread already and is blaming others for bumping it.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think/hope Shadowlands are still in development and they are trying fix thing and they are working on it, they showed basic ideas, but they have no clue how it will be at release.

5 zones and a city which functions as the main player hub but hey why bother with correct facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowany View Post
    I think/hope Shadowlands are still in development and they are trying fix thing and they are working on it, they showed basic ideas, but they have no clue how it will be at release.
    There was a lot of "thats in early development" "we are not ready to talk about that yet" for core components of the expansion, and no specific details of the class changes, so i think it is safe to say they have a lot of work to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    5 zones and a city which functions as the main player hub but hey why bother with correct facts.
    They showed 5 completed zones? or just announced them?

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic Steward View Post
    Counterargument: Instead of just bundling "New World: Shadowlands" and giving us a cursory overview they gave us a slightly deeper look at each zone, and this is the argument that they have 'less' done?
    Yes. They didn't actually show anymore content, just name dropped every zone.