Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is it alright for someone in the government to try to undermine someone that cares more about twitter response and a reality TV presidency rather than the actual people (all of them, not just the ones that vote for him) of his nation..

Yeah.. yeah I would say that is ok..

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Cute, but I didn't vote for Trump, not sure why you tagged me, do I bother you that much?
    You're the OP who wanted to discuss this. Why wouldn't I address you?
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    You're the OP who wanted to discuss this. Why wouldn't I address you?
    Discuss the topic yes, tagging me just to slander and tell lies about me, nope. Did I spell it out better for you? Or do you need further explanation?

Discuss the topic yes, tagging me just to slander and tell lies about me, nope. Did I spell it out better for you? Or do you need further explanation?
    Suggesting someone voted for Trump is slander now? Oh my! Why would that be? When turned it into a bad thing to vote Republican? Why do you hate freedom so much?

Oh, I remember. You posted a thread about stout Republicans, experienced politicians and officers trying to prevent damage to your nation by a man clearly not educated to perform in the position he was elected for and are trying to frame it as a bad thing. You don't want a president, you want a boy king.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Suggesting someone voted for Trump is slander now?.
    Suggestion and saying with a mocking tone are two different things, don't play coy.

What part of staying on topic do you not understand?

Suggestion and saying with a mocking tone are two different things, don't play coy.

What part of staying on topic do you not understand?
    We are on topic. The topic of the president's staff acting in the protection of the nation as they are sworn to do. Yes, if it was they guy I voted for, I'd still expect the men and women surrounding him to interfere on the nation's behalf if he showed declining mental faculties. Wouldn't you?

We are on topic. The topic of the president's staff acting in the protection of the nation as they are sworn to do. Yes, if it was they guy I voted for, I'd still expect the men and women surrounding him to interfere on the nation's behalf if he showed declining mental faculties. Wouldn't you?
    Exactly. If multiple high-level staff are all saying the same thing and risked their careers to save the country then you should probably at least question what the president is doing to warrant such a reaction. He has had the highest turnover ever and can't seem to manage a can of beans. It's far past time that he call it quits and lets Pence take over. At least Pence has some self control and poise.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-12 at 07:24 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Exactly. If multiple high-level staff are all saying the same thing and risked their careers to save the country then you should probably at least question what the president is doing to warrant such a reaction. He has had the highest turnover ever and can't seem to manage a can of beans. It's far past time that he call it quits and lets Pence take over. At least Pence has some self control and poise.
    Do you think it's possible that the reason for the highest turnover ever is that he's actually doing what he said he'd do: drain the swamp?

I don't have any insider information or anything, but I'm fairly certain that corruption has been entrenched in Washington since well before Trump. I'd say it likely predates even JFK. So when people seem to claim with absolute certainty that everyone is against Trump "for the good of the country", my only question to them would be "how can you be so sure that those accusing him aren't the cause of the real issue?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    Do you think it's possible that the reason for the highest turnover ever is that he's actually doing what he said he'd do: drain the swamp?
    The people he appointed were part of the swamp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Well, it's one way to keep your campaign promise. 42D chess, or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    There are a lot of people a president needs to appoint. How do you make sure you can trust them all especially in a climate of corruption like Washington? Not to mention it's entirely possible that people might change their alignment after they've been appointed due to pressure from the deep state or other outside factors.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of people a president needs to appoint. How do you make sure you can trust them all especially in a climate of corruption like Washington? Not to mention it's entirely possible that people might change their alignment after they've been appointed due to pressure from the deep state or other outside factors.
    Is that sarcasm? I can't tell anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

But the "senior advisers" were all people that Trump appointed himself.

So he's "draining the swamp" by...hiring more of "the swamp" than any previous administration so he can turn around and fire them?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do you think it's OK for an Ambassador to be told to undermine the President? If yes how would you feel if it was a President you supported?
    I wouldn't support a President who was so toxic and horrifying as Trump. No one in their right mind should. This article/event, along with all the other stories and books we're seeing from "life inside the White House with Trump" is no surprise, given Trump's behavior.

Nikki Haley reporting on this is almost as interesting. She is doing so in what appears to be a show of support for Trump, but it really just shows how much people know how bad Trump is for the country and the world.

This is surprising coming from you, someone who typically supports and cheers for Trump. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Precisely. Has this ever happened openly with a President? Haley's actions are interesting. Telling us it happened is really an argument against Trump, telling us that more people than we already suspected have serious doubts and concerns re Trump's behavior and actions. And these are his own people.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have any insider information or anything, but I'm fairly certain that corruption has been entrenched in Washington since well before Trump. I'd say it likely predates even JFK. So when people seem to claim with absolute certainty that everyone is against Trump "for the good of the country", my only question to them would be "how can you be so sure that those accusing him aren't the cause of the real issue?"
    Because they are the people Trump appointed. These aren't life time staffers. These are political appointees that Trump hand-picked whom he's fired months later. I mean this will all sincerity, but are you aware of how many key positions in the administration are either open or filled with "acting"?
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-11-12 at 10:42 PM.

wow i dunno, that book is making Rex Tillerson look like an American hero?

Do you think it's OK for an Ambassador to be told to undermine the President? If yes how would you feel if it was a President you supported?
    What president?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering he's hired most of these people? It's like praising an arsonist for helping put out a fire he started. But the shitposters trying to give Trump credit for solving the problems he himself created isn't anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Do you think it's suitable for a president to dress like that? I mean, in his spare time he can do whatever he wants...
    Rudy Guiliani dressed like that, and Trump, even as a joke sexually assaulted "it". lol.

- - - Updated - - -

He isn't draining anything, he is turning it into an ocean of corruption. Which is why just about everyone left in the cabinet are pretty much caught in the extortion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Is that sarcasm? I can't tell anymore.
    He is a Trump supporter, so, actually no it isn't sarcasm, he is actually this ignorant to think that Trump is some sort of savior.