Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Patch 8.3 PTR - Eye Changes for Death Knights and Elves

Eye Changes for Death Knights and Elves
    The latest Patch 8.3 PTR build made eye glows dimmer.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In the Visions of N’Zoth PTR, testers will soon see initial changes that we’re making to improve how brightly-glowing eyes look on many player-characters. In today’s build, this will be noticeable for Blood Elves, Night Elves, and all races of Death Knights.

As we discussed at BlizzCon, we are bringing many new customization options to player-characters in Shadowlands, and this is an early step that we’re taking to lay groundwork for updating this particular look.

We expect to update brightly-glowing eyes further in future builds of the Visions of N’Zoth PTR.

Thank you for your testing and feedback!
    Last edited by chaud; 2019-11-13 at 05:40 AM.

Depression of Azeroth.

Give me glowing eyes or give me Death!

Well, I mean, it is the Death expansion, so I guess I'm getting both?

I'm fine with this so long as I can re-unlock it along with other eye glows, then! Red eyed DK here I come!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Wow, looks stoned

I hope the DK eye change is a bug.

I don't even play my DK but that's some bullshit.

Finally, no more disembodied blobs of light hovering in front of our faces.

Though the new ones look kind of bad themselves. Maybe there's still more work to be done on them.

This better lead to the smoking/wispy glow that the Lich King has, for DKs.

DHs show that they can do it.

I get reducing the glow of the orbs floating in front of the eyes, but they should make the base eye glow a bit more to compensate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This better lead to the smoking/wispy glow that the Lich King has, for DKs.

DHs show that they can do it.
    I agree with this sentiment.

I'd like to imagine that they're doing it because of this reason, seeing as making the eyes glow less for... well, any other reason is kind of nonsense.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    I get reducing the glow of the orbs floating in front of the eyes, but they should make the base eye glow a bit more to compensate
    Note how the blue says "initial changes". This isn't the full work. They're probably intending to do just that, and removed the old glow orb in preparation of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Winter is coming.

Nelf is ridiculously better already, even without the glow they're going to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I agree with this sentiment.

I'd like to imagine that they're doing it because of this reason, seeing as making the eyes glow less for... well, any other reason is kind of nonsense.
    Yeah, hopefully that's it.

For the Night Elves, they should probably just get rid of the lamps in front of their eyes and just make their eye texture itself emissive.

10+ Year Old Account
    First there was the Troll walk animation, then there was the worgen walk animation and now we have the eyes.... in all seriousness, what is going on in the dev/design department? STOP IT!
    Last edited by Micronetic; 2019-11-13 at 02:31 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hope they add an option for both new and old, Though I do have to say I like the new version more since it feels more natural
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-11-13 at 02:33 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Loved this bug on my demon hunter, had one way to really make it happen which was a helm item, a hood that wouldn't show a Blindfold with it, so you wouldn't have to go for just the eye glow look...really showed off my scar nicely without it!

Hopefully they allow demon hunters to but if not i'd understand, glad to see it as an option regardless

i've wanted them to do this for years.

that stupid ball of light floating over the eyes has always looked awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Hope they add an option for both new and old, Though I do have to say I like the newer version more since it feels more natural
    Well, it's just a work in progress. It'll change with the coming builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, it's just a work in progress. It'll change with the coming builds.
    If you remember, we had the option to chose from old and new models, they removed it. Do you really think they will bring it back at this point of the engine etc.?

I like how they added shape to the eyes, but I hope they add back some glow.