Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    I appreciate that > half of the posts itt are knee-jerk "No ChAnGeS!1!!" posts that didn't take the time to read the OP to realize that some of the complaints are about things that are either confirmed different from vanilla or potentially different.

Gotta get in early with that terribly useful battle cry tho.
    Are you the head knee-jerk contrarian or something? Exactly 1 of the 5 suggestions made fit your scenario. In case you're bad at math, that leaves 4 of the 5 being requests to change the original experience and have, like it or not, zero chance to be implemented.

Whatever happened to allowing group members a window to trade BoP drops from bosses? I thought Blizz was going to implement that change just to reduce the number of tickets the GMs had to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Whatever happened to allowing group members a window to trade BoP drops from bosses? I thought Blizz was going to implement that change just to reduce the number of tickets the GMs had to deal with.
    Already possible in raids, not sure about 5mans.

You have 2 hour window after looting the item to trade it to some other person on the kill, unless you equip it. If you equip it, it is bound to you.

3+ Year Old Account
    Hashtag nochanges. Personally I think that we should have had the option to play Classic with the updated character models, as that would only be shown for those who opt in and chose to use the mostly-superior models (seriously, the horrible faces of Alliance males is what caused me to first roll Horde all of these many years ago because they were so effing terrible) but the community demanded that the Classic servers emulate the Vanilla WoW experience and we must all either deal with that or do not play it. The Force was strong with NoChanges.
    Last edited by Aleloron; 2019-11-12 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Autocorrect - nornpkay isn’t a freakin’ word!
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

The OP hasn't responded at all.

Consider yourselves baited folks.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    As the topic states, there are a number of things that need to change.

1. Raid ID - right now, if you join a raid, you are hard coded into a specific ID and can only raid on that ID for that raid. Instead of a set ID, I believe it should be set to the boss's loot lockout. This will allow you to go back with a different group to do the bosses you missed for any reason. Say you missed the raid one night cause your sick that night. 2 nights later, you get the last 4 bosses, you can't go back and get the 6 bosses you missed. But with the change, you can go back with a pug/alt raid and be able to roll on that loot later.

2. Respec costs - I know some would say, if they lower the respec costs that the gold on servers would be inflated but I don't believe they would. I say they move the maximum respec cost to 20g instead of 50g. Playing a mage, I can easily farm the 100g for 2 respecs in a matter of hours, but for people like priests, druids, warriors, and others, its a lot harder to farm those amounts each week. By lowering the costs, switching specs for pve/pvp would allow more players to do those activities and foster a better experience for all.

3. Take away channel invites - gold spammers haven, need I say more.

4. Mail time between alts - I don't know why this was like it in the first place, and I do remember it from Vanilla, but it was always annoying to deal with. Just let us bank our stuff better please.

5. Decrease the drop rate on world epics - I'm not sure if it is the same as Vanilla, as that was a long time ago, but it doesn't feel as great getting a world epic like it did back then because you go to put it up on the AH and there are about 15 of them up. It would be great if they were super rare again.

There are more but these are what I think should be some changes for the good.
    1. No because that would allow you to split raid IDs. Example: You raid up to Garr/Geddon. You leave raid and split up into 3-4 smaller raids. Kill Garr/Geddon for maximum TF binding chance. Afterwards re-combine raid again. No, its a bad idea mate.

2. High respec costs is part of the core fabric of vanilla that enforces spec and class identity. Making it easier and cheaper to respec will water down this aspect.

3. You can block channel invites already in interface settings.

4. I have no opinion on this.

5. Droprate feels higher because servers are larger. Bigger population: More stuff on AH. No need for change on this.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The best thing about Classic is that it doesn't apologize for being what it is, and will remain what it currently is.
    But for whatever reason, people will keep arguing about QoL changes or not, for years to come.
    At least spend that time discussing changes to retail, that actually MIGHT change depending on feedback.
    Then again, that game turned into what it currently is because Blizzard kept implementing ways to make it more and more streamlined and drop-in-and-win, moving away from the MMORPG roots.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-11-12 at 10:55 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    The OP hasn't responded at all.

Consider yourselves baited folks.
    Hmmm you’re right. 8/10 - Successful Troll was Successful.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. No
    2. No
    3. No
    4. No
    5. No

What you 'think' and what others 'think' are clearly different... Why should what YOU 'think' carry more weight?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    Hmmm you’re right. 8/10 - Successful Troll was Successful.
    mmmmmm nom nom

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    You know with your classic sub you can play retail wow, which has all of those features you suggested
    You realize your reply and the many like them are as dumb as it gets? I promise you, I have more hours played in Vanilla than almost anyone. Cleared Naxx, got rank 14. Did it all. I'm playing Classic because I like it better than retail, that doesn't mean its perfect. Classic+ 100% would have been better. Would it REALLY hurt you that much if mail were instant or they added a few more flight paths? I mean would you REALLY lose sleep at night if respecs were cheaper or free? You DO understand some classes have a raid spec and a "world" (pvp, 5 man and world farm) spec, right?

Some changes ruined the game (too many classes, pandas, fox things, adding too many worthless abilities and removing ones that were class flavor, adding pokemon battles, making gear too easy to get) And some changes were good (more flight paths, free respec with 2 set specs, adding sets for other specs, fixing worthless specs, adding better quest rewards, removing spirit, removing the hit stat)

But go ahead. PLEASE give me an argument as to why respec should be a pain and cost a fortune, or why DPS warriors shouldn't have a set, or why we need items like Ring of Binding or Finkles Lava Dredger that just make people groan "nice loot... better luck next week" or why its in any way interesting that you NEED 6% hit as a good race or 9% hit as a shitty one as melee and have to balance around that stat. I'm waiting.

Yes, a mix of old and new would be good and would be the ultimate WoW.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that a lot of the servers are dead and Blizzard doesn't believe in merging servers they'll probably implement a cross-realm solution. The purists are going to hate that.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Another thread where someone believes Classic will get changed based on their whining, they keep confusing that with BFA for some reason.

No. We do not need any of these... and you can block channel invites.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    There are more but these are what I think should be some changes for the good.
    If you want a lot of QoL changes and convenience over RPG, then you are free to play Retail instead.

And, as Retail demonstrates, be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Classic+ 100% would have been better. Would it REALLY hurt you that much if mail were instant or they added a few more flight paths? I mean would you REALLY lose sleep at night if respecs were cheaper or free? You DO understand some classes have a raid spec and a "world" (pvp, 5 man and world farm) spec, right?

Some changes ruined the game (too many classes, pandas, fox things, adding too many worthless abilities and removing ones that were class flavor, adding pokemon battles, making gear too easy to get) And some changes were good (more flight paths, free respec with 2 set specs, adding sets for other specs, fixing worthless specs, adding better quest rewards, removing spirit, removing the hit stat)
    Everyone in favor of changes has their own idea of what the 'correct' changes are and the lists are never the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    You realize your reply and the many like them are as dumb as it gets? I promise you, I have more hours played in Vanilla than almost anyone. Cleared Naxx, got rank 14. Did it all. I'm playing Classic because I like it better than retail, that doesn't mean its perfect. Classic+ 100% would have been better. Would it REALLY hurt you that much if mail were instant or they added a few more flight paths? I mean would you REALLY lose sleep at night if respecs were cheaper or free? You DO understand some classes have a raid spec and a "world" (pvp, 5 man and world farm) spec, right?

But go ahead. PLEASE give me an argument as to why respec should be a pain and cost a fortune, or why DPS warriors shouldn't have a set, or why we need items like Ring of Binding or Finkles Lava Dredger that just make people groan "nice loot... better luck next week" or why its in any way interesting that you NEED 6% hit as a good race or 9% hit as a shitty one as melee and have to balance around that stat. I'm waiting.

Yes, a mix of old and new would be good and would be the ultimate WoW.
    The problem with your argument is you use things that are minor as an example, while ignoring that we have people asking for transmog, LFD, and other such garbage. Every single classic+ fan has their own ideas of acceptable and almost none of them agree 100% with anyone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    i still havent gotten a world epic drop yet, so i dont think anything needs to be changed with that. The only thing i want changed is the amount of debuffs u can put on an enemy, as a warlock i want to use all my dots all the time.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No. Classic is classic. You want that you have retail.
    The line from one of the Blizz staff forget who said "you say you want classic but you don't." It is becoming more apt everyday, when you have those out there wanting this changed or that changed..

And completely agree, if they want these changes then they have retail to go to..