Sylvanas and Bolvar Fight, Length Speculation.

If there is already a thread on this specifically my bad.

But I was wondering on what people's thoughts were on the length of the fight as I remember very early on that people stated they were annoyed that Sylvanas shouldn't have beaten Bolvar so quickly. However judging from the video she didn't. It looks like the fight took at least 1 hour and I speculate at least 3 imho.

You can clearly see at the start of the cinematic that it's the crack of dawn, and when Sylvanas reaches the top it's still dawn. So it didn't take her long to get to the top (my belief is Bolvar allowed her to reach the top without resistance). Then at the end of the fight you can clearly see it is no where near dawn.

Thoughts?

I agree he let her up unhindered. We seen this when she strolled past the guards at the start (though I was wondering if this was something to do with her being a Banshee?)

In terms of timing, no idea. It definitely took a lot longer than we seen considering she defeated the mini-army that was stood in front of him at the start of the fight

Honestly I think it's just that the cinematic does so many "slow shots" and jumps that it just feels shorter than it is. It's a pretty average length cinematic.

Like here's another big dramatic fight. The fight itself was only a minute long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Yeah, mind you both cinematics including Grom and Mannaroth both have him dying to one well placed Gorehowl hit, once typically where you might find the lower part of the heart on a humanoid, or in the head. With Mannaroth shrugging off a lightning infused Doomhammer or being slightly annoyed with the by an Iron star.

People aren't complaining about how fast Sylvanas beats Bolvar, but with what ease she does so, and how she all of a sudden has these god-like powers, because Blizzard needs a strong female character to torture us for three expansions in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    People aren't complaining about how fast Sylvanas beats Bolvar, but with what ease she does so, and how she all of a sudden has these god-like powers, because Blizzard needs a strong female character to torture us for three expansions in a row.
    Only people who think that Bolvar should be on Arthas powerlevel complain. Realist acknowledge that Bolvar is way weaker then Arthas cause he doesnt have Frostmourne!

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Only people who think that Bolvar should be on Arthas powerlevel complain. Realist acknowledge that Bolvar is way weaker then Arthas cause he doesnt have Frostmourne!
    And know that the Lich Kings power is mostly from his army, which is kind of gone. 1v1 the Lich King is powerful, but not THAT powerful.

Yeah, somone hasn't paid attention to what has gone on over the last 6 years or so. This isn't all of a sudden and Bolvar is really just a suped up Paladin with some death magic. He has no Frostmourne, no Plate of the Damned, and he was no willingly merging with Ner'Zhul to become the LK. He too up the helm to resist and keep the scourge at bay. He is no way close to being comparable to any version of the LK we have seen before.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, and also there's nothing 'sudden' about Sylvanas' power gain. She's been steadily improving for several expansions now. Even going by Legion and BFA opening cinematics alone, we see her display increasing power.

She turns into a spectral banshee in BFA, which she had never done previously - maybe a hint she was getting stronger?

People like that probably like Dragonball.

People also seem to forget that Arthas was almost defeated by a couple barrels of plague at the Wrathgate.

This is supposed to be her finale, she was barely present in legion and was behind the scenes for the most part of bfa (though she shaped the entire story so she was still very prominent) and its better to have set up before a finale instead of the 1 patch build up and execution most wow raid bosses get.

What godlike powers did she get? it has been established that she can transform back into a banshee at will, so that isnt out of the ordinary, black arrow through a saronite spire might be a little over the top but the fact bolvar was asspulling the power to levitate saronite was pure bullshit in the first place and i dont see anyone complaining about since people like him for some reason. Whats the big deal? some chains? she used shackle undead, big whoop!
    Bolvar put up a good fight and got beat in the end. I know you wanted him to win but he was never going to, that wasnt a bad defeat imo.

Amd this has nothing to do with 'strong female character' bs, there is a bunch of that but sylvanas is just strong because she earned it. shes been a major player since warcraft 3, shes been established longer than bolvar and has been busy while he sat on an icy throne, its honestly a joke that people expected him to win.

- - - Updated - - -

its not even just that though, he had no tutor in learning skills of necromancy like arthas had kelthuzad and nerzhul, all i can see is a crispy paladin wearing a helm that belongs to a different class. My player DK is more experienced than he is ffs. The helm was the tool to control the undead, it doesnt magically increase your 'power level'.

Bolvar aint shit and thats a fact.

should also note that sylvanas' arrows don't seem to hurt bolvar very much, despite the fact that they can shatter a giant chunk of ice to nothing.

imo, it was an ok fight, but i do wish he'd have hurt her at least a little. it's annoying to have her come away unscathed.

i also still believe he may have beaten her if he had apocalypse. too bad it's drained.

Mind you, the only reason she came away from the fight with Saurfang with just a scratch was because she wasn't taking it seriously, and when she did take it seriously she decided to go, fuck this i got more important things to do.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-14 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    People also seem to forget that Arthas was almost defeated by a couple barrels of plague at the Wrathgate.
    the barrels of plague that literally melted everything else in vicinity alive or undead into green goo and arthas just momentarily surprised then backed away coughing.. "almost defeated" ok..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nilmur View Post
    Mind you, the only reason she came away from the fight with Saurfang with just a scratch was because she wasn't taking it seriously, and when she did take it seriously she decided to go, fuck this i got more important things to do.
    the whole "scratch" from saurfang wasn't to show that she was careless, it was actually to show that she was on a god level because it paid homage to broxigar scratching sargeras...broxigar scratches the big bad sargeras right before he died which put a wound on sargeras that he carried forever.. Considering 9.0 cinematic is a long time after the events of the 8.2.5 duel and sylvanas still carries the scratch in the cinematic, it puts sylvanas at the position of sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like to be "picky" about everything nowadays...

First of all, people expected Bolvar to be as powerful as Arthas as the Lich King, since we never saw a fight between both of them, neither on their normal forms or lich king form, we dont have way to compare their power.

Second, Sylvanas as been getting stronger and stronger, and since they last met (herself and the Arthas Lich King... note: ARTHAS not Bolvar) she acquired some unknown powers that, until now, no one can identify.

Third, the fight itself was not that unbalanced, both took hits. Sylvanas clearly only won because of the surprise factor of the magic chains coming out of her arrows. Thats what caught Bolvar off guard.

Who cares about its duration. Loved the fight.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m still wondering where all the deathknights were hanging out while this was going on.
    Convenient missing along side all the other plot devices in the Warcraft lore

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I’m still wondering where all the deathknights were hanging out while this was going on.
    Convenient missing along side all the other plot devices in the Warcraft lore
    We were distracted soloing old content for transmogs. Sorry. Our bad.