Poll: What's your favorite Covenant?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Kyrian is my favorite aesthetically, but I prefer the story of the Venthyr.

My main (gnome warlock) will choose whichever has the special abilities I like the most.

I'll do one of each for alts to see the story.

I'm torn between Night Fae and Venthyr. Can't choose between faeries and vampires.

I love all of them, but definitely Kyrian. I absolutely love the greek mythos inspired angels, and given the chance I'd main one until the end of time. Please Blizzard. Hoping all of them will be playable factions.

Necrolords for my DK and Paladin and the blood suckers for Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr or necrolords, most likly Venthyr tho, but i fear that it will turn out to be a bis covenant and a loser one

Whichever gives me the most power for my role! ...while I'd like to say I'm kidding, it may come down to this. Personally, I hope change their minds and decide to allow us to pursue all Covanents simultaneously and just make arbitrarily switching between them constantly either costly or cumbersome. RP-wise, I'm certain that one could make friends with everyone, albeit it may be a lot harder to do so.

*edit* - Oh! There was one perk that stood out to me that made me excited as a bear, and that was the ability to add 6% parry and gain the ability to parry if you don't have it. I've had this argument since vanilla that if a non-intelligent lvl 5 bear can parry my attacks, why can't an intelligent Druid shapeshifted into a bear parry?
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

1: Night fae - as a druid main.
    2: Venthyr - as a fan of castlevania
    3: necrolord -
    4: Kyrian - as someone who liked the warrior order hall the least, for obvious reasons, it seems similar to that one.

I haven't bothered to look to be honest. I heard there are battle pets specific to each covenant so I'll have to do them all anyways (1 for each alt) and besides that I'll just pick whatever some guy theorycrafts out to be the best ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I've had this argument since vanilla that if a non-intelligent lvl 5 bear can parry my attacks, why can't an intelligent Druid shapeshifted into a bear parry?
    Maybe the level 5 bear is level 5 because he didn't realize the dev's weren't going to just give him parry they were going to take something else away in exchange for the added mitigation. Now he's level 5 forever.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

5+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea of the Night Fae, it’s just that their aesthetic just doesn’t work for me on any level unless you are a Druid. So I think it will be the Venthyr for me at least first time round.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

10+ Year Old Account
    It will depend on which covenant 'specs' and abilities will sim higher.

With the almost nothing we know about them all.. I'm intrigued by the night fae the most... still no idea who my mage will join. Only ruling out Necrolords, as that will be for my DK and Warrior...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphetLord View Post
    I love the idea of the Night Fae, it’s just that their aesthetic just doesn’t work for me on any level unless you are a Druid. So I think it will be the Venthyr for me at least first time round.
    I dunno, they seem to work alright for Hunters and monks too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    With the almost nothing we know about them all.. I'm intrigued by the night fae the most... still no idea who my mage will join. Only ruling out Necrolords, as that will be for my DK and Warrior...

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno, they seem to work alright for Hunters and monks too.
    Druids - Night Fae
    Paladins + Priest - Kyrians
    Death Knights - Necrolords
    Warlocks - Venthyr

My rogue main I just don’t see him fitting in with any of the covenants. I am pretty unsold by any of them.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphetLord View Post
    Druids - Night Fae
    Paladins + Priest - Kyrians
    Death Knights - Necrolords
    Warlocks - Venthyr

My rogue main I just don’t see him fitting in with any of the covenants. I am pretty unsold by any of them.
    Venthyr are the literal spy and backstabber faction.. not sure they can make a rogue faction any more obvious - unless you really bought into the whole pirate shit. Also necros only work for DK aesthethically if ignore that Blood seems to fit venthyr rather well too. Only unholy has the clear necrolord vibe and frankly I think their plate looks kinda lame :P.

In general venthyr lead by a good margin, people really like their vamps I guess. Now just imagine if all the other class abilities are also PvP trash, just like the one for mage they showed. Damn that would be a shitstorm.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

as much as I give s*** to Blizzard about catering to edgelords I must admit that right now the vampires are looking aces to me but that's mostly because I like the aesthetic and I can't wait to see the preview of the gear even though it looks like my hunter might go for the Angels because he looks like a powered up power ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Kyrian

Steadfast guardians who carry the souls of the dead
    I have studied it a lot and it all falls back on the Bastion Covenant, Kyrian.

To the ones harder to make a choice, draw opposing lines.

Light (Kyrian) - Dark (Venthyr)
    Life (Night Fae) - Death (Necrolords)
    Last edited by Lochton; 2019-11-13 at 12:12 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Mage, I have enough information to make a provisional choice for my Mage.

That information is the class abilities revealed at Blizzcon (which Mages alone have a complete listing for), the generic covenant abilities and the revealed aesthetics.

Whilst all abilities are subject to change, it is likelier than not that the abilities revealed for Mages are similar to what we will end up with. Radiant Spark seems to be a better fit for my Glacial Spike playstyle than the other three. The Night Fae ability seems to suggest I should be in melee range to get the most benefit, although the haste increase would be nice. The Necrolord ability seems more suited to AOE. The Venthyr option also strikes me as a strong choice, with substantial PVP applications.

The Covenant's movement abilities all seem to be very similar and whilst I am sure there are niche applications for each wherein they will excel, I doubt that any of them will be so far ahead of the others as to be a dealbreaker.

In terms of aesthetics, the Kyrians look is one that I really enjoy the look of. The white/gold cloth armor in the preview image of their armor sets in particular looks very attractive. Their Covenant Sanctum also looks quite majestic, all soaring spires under a cold blue sky. It's the kind of place I can see myself really enjoying hanging around for the two years of the expansion life cycle. While the Ventyr also seem to have a pretty nifty armor aesthetic, their vampire castle schtick doesn't resonate with me on the same level.

So, based on the information I have, I believe Kyrian is the overwhelmingly correct choice for me on my main.

The Venthyr, the armor aesthetics goes well with being a Blood dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Fae and Kyrian both sounds extremely dull.
    Necrolords and Vethyr doesn't appeal to me as Druid.

Tough choice.. And it doesn't make it easier that you need 3 alts to make different choices to get all pets, mounts and possibly other things.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Depends on what armor is prettiest for my hunter, so I don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Those plate shoulders and helm look so retarded. All the other sets look great especially the mail and cloth.
    to me the plate one looks like he was crushed to death by draenor shattrath balcony
    but as frost DK i think necrolords are my only option when it comes to set