View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Just to point out it will take 3-4 days before the Brexit party standing down will be shown in the polls. They won't be up right now.
    However quickly, and more accurately, the betting markets will price in this change almost immediately. So Labours odds of getting most seats have dropped from 7 or 8/1 to 11 or 12/1 in the last 24 hours.

Looks like it's full steam ahead for a Boris Johnson super majority.

Well done Nigel for putting country first, I hope he gets a title. Now lets get Brexit done
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    However quickly, and more accurately, the betting markets will price in this change almost immediately. So Labours odds of getting most seats have dropped from 7 or 8/1 to 11 or 12/1 in the last 24 hours.

Looks like it's full steam ahead for a Boris Johnson super majority.

Well done Nigel for putting country first, I hope he gets a title. Now lets get Brexit done

Hmm, Sir Nigel of Farage thought Boris' deal was pretty crap not so long go. He even has a whole section on his website devoted to telling everyone just how shit it is.

'DEAR BREXITEER,

After more than three years of delays and parliamentary games there is a powerful sense of wanting to ‘just get Brexit done’. Feelings of Brexit fatigue have led some Leavers to welcome Boris Johnson’s deal as the best we are likely to get. That is understandable. But it is a mistake. The Prime Minister’s deal is not a proper Brexit. It is far removed from what 17.4m of us voted for in 2016. I can only suppose that pro-Brexit MPs backing the deal have not actually read the Withdrawal Agreement (WA) and the important Political Declaration (PD) that goes with it. These make up a new European Treaty that reheats 95 per cent of Theresa May’s deal.

[...]

Can any Brexiteer inclined to support this Treaty honestly say that it amounts to a proper Brexit? A Clean-Break Brexit remains the best deal for Britain. We need a General Election for a Leaver alliance to win a big majority and make Brexit a reality.

Nigel Farage

Leader of The Brexit Party'

https://www.thebrexitparty.org/read-this/#compare

At least his lack of backbone hasn't gotten in the way of conning multiples of £25 from gullible leavers or prevented him from trousering the registration fees from potential candidates he'll no longer be fielding. Gotta keep the snout in trough, eh?

But let's be honest poor Nige didn't really have a choice once his puppet master decided to back Johnson.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e...ries-9gbltkz5c
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-11-12 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    But let's be honest poor Nige didn't really have a choice once his puppet master decided to back Johnson.

Maybe not, but since BoJo is promising a No Deal in the small print (won't extend the transition period beyond 2020) it's hardly a massive loss for the twat. Still hilarious watching him grift his base though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, Sir Nigel of Farage thought Boris' deal was pretty crap not so long go. He even has a whole section on his website devoted to telling everyone just how shit it is.

'DEAR BREXITEER,

After more than three years of delays and parliamentary games there is a powerful sense of wanting to ‘just get Brexit done’. Feelings of Brexit fatigue have led some Leavers to welcome Boris Johnson’s deal as the best we are likely to get. That is understandable. But it is a mistake. The Prime Minister’s deal is not a proper Brexit. It is far removed from what 17.4m of us voted for in 2016. I can only suppose that pro-Brexit MPs backing the deal have not actually read the Withdrawal Agreement (WA) and the important Political Declaration (PD) that goes with it. These make up a new European Treaty that reheats 95 per cent of Theresa May’s deal.

[...]

Can any Brexiteer inclined to support this Treaty honestly say that it amounts to a proper Brexit? A Clean-Break Brexit remains the best deal for Britain. We need a General Election for a Leaver alliance to win a big majority and make Brexit a reality.

Nigel Farage

At least his lack of backbone hasn't gotten in the way of conning multiples of £25 from gullible leavers or prevented him from trousering the registration fees from potential candidates he'll no longer be fielding. Gotta keep the snout in trough, eh?

Or it could be this?

Farage now accepts that the only way we’re going to escape the suffocating embrace of the European Union is by electing a Conservative government led by Boris Johnson. If the withdrawal agreement satisfies die-hard Leavers such as Arron Banks and Iain Duncan Smith, then it’ll do for me.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ge-Brexit.html

Let's see what happens at the peoples vote in December. I suppose there will be some who vote for the Fib Dems/Liebour and another peoples vote and another and another until they get the anti democratic result they want. But will there be enough of them to win? If the country didn't know what it voted for at the Brexit referendum you might think the remain option at the election will win by a landslide. Perhaps the people have changed their minds? Leaving the EU is a mistake? We will see at the election, at the peoples vote...

My moneys on the Brexit option, let's get phase 1 done and look forward to Dec 31st 2020 for part 2. That sweet sweet no deal/clean Brexit.

Three cheers for Nigel and let the people vote once more, to Leave or Remain.

First polling in from 30 mins ago since our Nigels announcement...

YouGov / Sky poll shows 14 point lead for the Tories after Nigel Farage stands down half of Brexit Party candidates

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/sta...98826825166849

As ex speaker Bercow would say, the leavers have it!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Or it could be this?

Farage now accepts that the only way we’re going to escape the suffocating embrace of the European Union is by electing a Conservative government led by Boris Johnson. If the withdrawal agreement satisfies die-hard Leavers such as Arron Banks and Iain Duncan Smith, then it’ll do for me.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ge-Brexit.html

Let's see what happens at the peoples vote in December. I suppose there will be some who vote for the Fib Dems/Liebour and another peoples vote and another and another until they get the anti democratic result they want. But will there be enough of them to win? If the country didn't know what it voted for at the Brexit referendum you might think the remain option at the election will win by a landslide. Perhaps the people have changed their minds? Leaving the EU is a mistake? We will see at the election, at the peoples vote...

My moneys on the Brexit option, let's get phase 1 done and look forward to Dec 31st 2020 for part 2. That sweet sweet no deal/clean Brexit.

Three cheers for Nigel and let the people vote once more, to Leave or Remain.

First polling in from 30 mins ago since our Nigels announcement...

YouGov / Sky poll shows 14 point lead for the Tories after Nigel Farage stands down half of Brexit Party candidates

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/sta...98826825166849

As ex speaker Bercow would say, the leavers have it!
    Farage has already done a complete u-turn with regard to his vision of Brexit - when he arguably has something to offer Johnson - what makes you think he will not do the same at the end of next year when Johnson backtracks, once again, and he has absolutely nothing of value to offer the Tories?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    *sips wine and looks over at Edward I's sarcophagus*

Riiiight....
    What does that have to do with Scotland's present status as part of the UK?

7+ Year Old Account
    Farage has already done a complete u-turn with regard to his vision of Brexit - when he arguably has something to offer Johnson - what makes you think he will not do the same at the end of next year when Johnson backtracks, once again, and he has absolutely nothing of value to offer the Tories?
    Saint Nigel has compromised for the good of the nation above his own party. He fears no brexit at all should Corbyn and/or Swinson get in. As for why he still may have influence at the end of next year as we approach a clean brexit date, we have all seen how the DUP with a handful of MP's can call the shots and dictate government policy.

I hope Farage gets a handful of MPs in the next parliament.

Saint Nigel has compromised for the good of the nation above his own party. He fears no brexit at all should Corbyn and/or Swinson get in. As for why he still may have influence at the end of next year as we approach a clean brexit date, we have all seen how the DUP with a handful of MP's can call the shots and dictate government policy.

I hope Farage gets a handful of MPs in the next parliament.
    I thought the Tories were on course for a majority? But Johnson pretty swiftly threw the DUP under the proverbial bus why would he allow Farage - assuming the BXP are more capable than UKIP at getting elected - dictate anything to him?

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought the Tories were on course for a majority? But Johnson pretty swiftly threw the DUP under the proverbial bus why would he allow Farage - assuming the BXP are more capable than UKIP at getting elected - dictate anything to him?
    In answer to your questions I'd refer you to the chap that you brought up earlier and who remarked tonight at the Oxford Union this...

.@.Arron_banks on the influence of Nigel Farage: “What he’s done really is shape the Conservative Party in his own image. The Conservative Party is the Brexit Party

https://twitter.com/OxfordUnion/stat...04012734087175

Never a truer statement spoken and yes the Tory/Brexit party will get a thumping majority.

In answer to your questions I'd refer you to the chap that you brought up earlier and who remarked tonight at the Oxford Union this...

.@.Arron_banks on the influence of Nigel Farage: “What he’s done really is shape the Conservative Party in his own image. The Conservative Party is the Brexit Party

https://twitter.com/OxfordUnion/stat...04012734087175

Never a truer statement spoken and yes the Tory/Brexit party will get a thumping majority.
    Then why does the BXP have a whole section of their website devoted to whinging about the Tory deal is not proper Brexit?

In non-election news, Brexit claims another investment victim.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tesla/...-blames-brexit

Tesla has announced that it will be building its European Gigafactory and next engineering and development office near Berlin. Brexit made the investment "too risky to put a Gigafactory in the UK", according to Elon Musk. The initial plan back in 2014 was to have the R&D office in the UK (source), but that's now being built in Germany in the wake of Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Fib Dems are showing their true colours, a candidate drops out in Cambridge to allow a remain Labour mp to beat the tories but Swinson throws in another candidate.

She's not interested in stopping Brexit, she just wants power like Clegg.

Edit : I meant canterbury.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2019-11-13 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or she knows there is no stopping Brexit so why not at least get as many seats as they can?
    I'll admit, I put Cambridge and I meant Canterbury, the lib dems got 7% of the vote, they aren't winning seats there. So I'll let you off that nonsense idea as I said the wrong town.

If she knows there is no stopping Brexit then don't make that your signature policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What nonsense idea? There is no stopping Brexit imo. Third parties should use this chance to erode the two party system as much as possible imo
    The nonsense idea that she's running a candidate to get more seats. She's not winning there. The lib dems of Canterbury have said they will hinder any attempts by a lib dem to run there but she's saying she'll chose someone from outside. It's obvious she's doing it to take those votes away from Labour.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then why does the BXP have a whole section of their website devoted to whinging about the Tory deal is not proper Brexit?
    Now that real Tories are back in charge of the Conservative party I'm sure many of them will be moaning about the deal done too. Don't assume once Boris gets his majority that that deal will remain intact as is after the GE. As one fake ex-Tory put it today...

David Gauke: 'a majority led by Mr Johnson would mean a "very hard Brexit".'

Lovely Jubbly, the BXP wouldn't write that website section today.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    So the Fib Dems are showing their true colours, a candidate drops out in Cambridge to allow a remain Labour mp to beat the tories but Swinson throws in another candidate.

She's not interested in stopping Brexit, she just wants power like Clegg.

Edit : I meant canterbury.
    The Fib Dems have always been soft closet Tories and never hidden their true colours...

Hang on, this extension of the Brexit deadline until 31 January 2020 will better not ruin my ski season. December and January are for winter sports not campaigning. Not to mention that WEF is in January as well. I am not amused.

https://twitter.com/BeatriceLibDem/s...52774505996288

At least she is honest. The Clegg would be very impressed, up and up those tuition fees will go!

'DEAR BREXITEER,

[...]

Nigel Farage

Sir farage?

More like Lord haha

Now that real Tories are back in charge of the Conservative party I'm sure many of them will be moaning about the deal done too. Don't assume once Boris gets his majority that that deal will remain intact as is after the GE. As one fake ex-Tory put it today...

David Gauke: 'a majority led by Mr Johnson would mean a "very hard Brexit".'

Lovely Jubbly, the BXP wouldn't write that website section today.
    Those real Tories negotiated a deal that is apparently does not amount to a proper Brexit. Why would Johnson change the deal if he gains a majority?

So is the deal proper Brexit or not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The nonsense idea that she's running a candidate to get more seats. She's not winning there. The lib dems of Canterbury have said they will hinder any attempts by a lib dem to run there but she's saying she'll chose someone from outside. It's obvious she's doing it to take those votes away from Labour.
    I don't see your issue, Swinson has been clear from the outset that the Lib Dems would not aid Corbyn in becoming PM - if you disagree with this simply vote for someone else - and one of their candidates has decided against the party's wishes to stand down so she is planning to replace him.

The Lib Dems gained three times the number of votes as Labour in the recent European Parliament elections (25.9% vs 8.5%) and considering they have a pact with the Greens who gained another 14.2% it is possible (although maybe not likely) that the LDs could take the seat.

Ultimately the success of their decision will be decided by the electorate.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-11-13 at 01:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So is the deal proper Brexit or not?
    It is but it isn't. The WA/deal is the starter in a three course meal, the more important main course of meat and potatoes comes from the transition yet to be negotiated and agreed, or not, during 2020.

And the final course, a most delicious clean brexit jam roly poly pudding with lashings of custard is to be consumed on Dec31st 2020 as all brexiteers rejoice.

You seem fixated on a prawn cocktail/deal starter quibbling over whether it has 6 or 7 prawns in it.

The best is yet to come, be patient boy, wait for the main course.

It is but it isn't. The WA/deal is the starter in a three course meal, the more important main course of meat and potatoes comes from the transition yet to be negotiated and agreed, or not, during 2020.

And the final course, a most delicious clean brexit jam roly poly pudding with lashings of custard is to be consumed on Dec31st 2020 as all brexiteers rejoice.

You seem fixated on a prawn cocktail/deal starter quibbling over whether it has 6 or 7 prawns in it.

The best is yet to come, be patient boy, wait for the main course.
    Why would Johnson go to all the effort of trying to pass his deal - and assuming the Tories get a majority it would the basis on which their majority was built - only to drop it at the last minute and go for no-deal?

And even when Lord Farage of the Moon Under Water had something to offer - in the form of an election pact - he told Sir Nigelness to jog on. So why when Johnson has his majority and the BXP has nothing to offer the Tories would they deviate from their deal to appease the BXP nutters?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would Johnson go to all the effort of trying to pass his deal - and assuming the Tories get a majority it would the basis on which their majority was built - only to drop it at the last minute and go for no-deal?

And even when Lord Farage of the Moon Under Water had something to offer - in the form of an election pact - he told Sir Nigelness to jog on. So why when Johnson has his majority and the BXP has nothing to offer the Tories would they deviate from their deal to appease the BXP nutters?
    Because it fires the starting gun on Brexit. At the minute, Article 50 can still be revoked as the Lib Dems nutters want and would do if elected, after the deal is ratified it cannot. That's when the real negotiations begin as this deal fades into the irrelevance that it is.

And in other news today Corbyn ducks the tough questions from the electorate, got to love those straight talking Scots.