New starting zone, Stormheim and Ogres

It says on the frontpage that the new starting zone will be off the coast of Stormheim. And we've also seen that there are Ogres there and they bring with them the whole Draenor Ogre style. What are they doing there? I mean not literally, I know they are trying to resurrect a dragon or something. I mean how did Ogres get there and what is their Draenor Ogre architecture doing there on an island near Stormheim?

5+ Year Old Account
    Ogres like to sail. They sailed from their ogre continent on dreanor to dreanor (the continent), from eastern kingdoms to kalimdor... They sail in their juggernaughts. I think these ogres might've come from the alternate draenor with their ships along with the mag'har

These juggernaughts are so large and mighty, they can carry entire armies and the resources to settle.

Why did they sail around Stormheim and settle on an island off the coast? Who knows.

It's a shame we dont see more ogre architecture as it does look pretty cool.
    Last edited by Merryck; 2019-11-08 at 01:05 AM.

A(n) (ogre) Wizard did it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    Ogres like to sail. They sailed from their ogre continent on dreanor to dreanor (the continent), from eastern kingdoms to kalimdor... They sail in their juggernaughts. I think these ogres might've come from the alternate draenor with their ships along with the mag'har

These juggernaughts are so large and mighty, they can carry entire armies and the resources to settle.

Why did they sail around Stormheim and settle on an island off the coast? Who knows.

It's a shame we dont see more ogre architecture as it does look pretty cool.
    And they brought their entire Draenor architecture with them, that can't be found anywhere else on Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    And they brought their entire Draenor architecture with them, that can't be found anywhere else on Azeroth?
    Seething Shore is ogre themed, I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Seething Shore is ogre themed, I think.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe some leftover Stromreaver Clan? Lots of ogres went to sea in WC2.

5+ Year Old Account
    I read this, and for a moment I thought that Ogres would be playable, with a proper starting zone and everything. Silly me
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they set up there during wc 1-3 they would have lots of time to build and copy the style they had at home.

It says on the frontpage that the new starting zone will be off the coast of Stormheim. And we've also seen that there are Ogres there and they bring with them the whole Draenor Ogre style. What are they doing there? I mean not literally, I know they are trying to resurrect a dragon or something. I mean how did Ogres get there and what is their Draenor Ogre architecture doing there on an island near Stormheim?
    It doesn't have any story thought behind it mainly. They gave Ogres their own architecture with Warlords and whenever they have involved ogres since, they've simply reused those assets. Not gonna pick a side here, some say it's lazy, others say it's simply efficient and saves time to work on other sh*t.

In essence, they are building a new player island to introduce them to the game, reusing the Stormheim zone kit (which looks pretty good, can't blame 'em) and literally reusing a huge chunk of Highmaul itself for the Ogre keep there. I doubt they've put much thought into any story implications, because it's literally just that, a small offhanded story to introduce players to basic mechanics/philosophy. Even the general story they DO have for Exile's Reach is .. well, as basic as it gets. Some cliché D&D enemy archetype (an ogre), being a mage, necromancer or otherwise magical being of some sort of power, trying to raise the usual mythical creature called a Dragon.

The presence of certain general art assets (not unique ones) as an implication for any major lore or story is quite often, well... digging a little too deep. It's simply not going that far. They did, that's it. Warcraft in a nutshell, sometimes (quite often).
    Last edited by Dismayxz; 2019-11-13 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    It doesn't have any story thought behind it mainly. They gave Ogres their own architecture with Warlords and whenever they have involved ogres since, they've simply reused those assets. Not gonna pick a side here, some say it's lazy, others say it's simply efficient and saves time to work on other sh*t.

In essence, they are building a new player island to introduce them to the game, reusing the Stormheim zone kit (which looks pretty good, can't blame 'em) and literally reusing a huge chunk of Highmaul itself for the Ogre keep there. I doubt they've put much thought into any story implications, because it's literally just that, a small offhanded story to introduce players to basic mechanics/philosophy. Even the general story they DO have for Exile's Reach is .. well, as basic as it gets. Some cliché D&D enemy archetype (an ogre), being a mage, necromancer or otherwise magical being of some sort of power, trying to raise the usual mythical creature called a Dragon.

The presence of certain general art assets (not unique ones) as an implication for any major lore or story is quite often, well... digging a little too deep. It's simply not going that far. They did, that's it. Warcraft in a nutshell, sometimes (quite often).
    I don't mind them reusing these assets, I'm just wondering, are those ogres from AU Draenor now? It just weird to never have seen that sort of thing anywhere on Azeroth before.

I don't mind them reusing these assets, I'm just wondering, are those ogres from AU Draenor now? It just weird to never have seen that sort of thing anywhere on Azeroth before.
    No, MU. The mage is likely just using a Mar'gok model recolor/copy so he looks special enough to be a main character for this new little storyline. We have plenty of Ogre clans on MU Azeroth, that came over from MU Draenor. Like I said. There is no story implication in anything there. It's just ogres being ogres, using their updated model- and architecture styles.

And no.. these also likely aren't 'minions of Sylvanas'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    No, MU. The mage is likely just using a Mar'gok model recolor/copy so he looks special enough to be a main character for this new little storyline. We have plenty of Ogre clans on MU Azeroth, that came over from MU Draenor. Like I said. There is no story implication in anything there. It's just ogres being ogres, using their updated model- and architecture styles.

And no.. these also likely aren't 'minions of Sylvanas'.
    Yes, we have plenty of Ogre Clans on Azeroth, but they've never looked like the ones on Draenor, cause that style was created in WoD

7+ Year Old Account
    It's the WoW team's cleverly designed take on an introductory D&D Adventure!

They explored, sailed and eventually a rogue ogre necromancer settled there for whatever his reasons are (raise a dragon it seems).

So what?

That's an absolutely silly thing to nitpick about, geez.

Yes, we have plenty of Ogre Clans on Azeroth, but they've never looked like the ones on Draenor, cause that style was created in WoD
    Exactly. Because it literally was created then. During the early stages of a timeframe where Blizzard started updating models for longevity rather than a one expansion window. Third and last time. Doesn't matter that they haven't looked like that before. Ogres being Ogres. No lore implications whatsoever.