Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqCx9J-VG-I

i know most people don't seem to like this guy much, but he does bring up something interesting here.

i do very much wonder why the same symbol that's on the dark portal(a snake curled into an infinity symbol) is now showing up in the shadowlands, and why the mysterious hooded statues seem to be built around torghast too. also, those statues show up in another location in wow
    As a minor aside, the Oribos logo is also on the Eternal Traveler transmog chest. So the faction seems to be tied to Oribos somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Pre-order dates are usually set at Q3, meaning they give themselves a deadline of September to release the expansion.
    This time they set themselves the deadline of Q4, so until the end of December.

Now obviously they are not going ot release an expansion in December or late November as those are horrible times to release it given the staff being sent on Holidays and such, but the team might have planned to potentially withold the expansion until October.

Now, for the reasons outlined in the post above this would be a bad idea long term, as it guarantees the expansion would require a patch, or some other large and noticeable chunk of the expansion to be cut for the expansion cycle ot get back on track, which would just further cement Shadowlands as the WoD 2.0.

So in summary: Blizzard is probably planning to release Shadowlands a tiny bit later than usual, but still within reasonable parameters, but might have set their deadline for Q4 2020 in case they stumble upon problems that require more time to resolve and which the expansion cannot do without.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on what the Jailer actually does, and what it entails to be the Jailer.

Sylvanas seemingly wants power and to escape eternal damnation and torture.

Now if the Jailer is Bolvar then the Kerrigan explanation is apt, but if the jailer is himself actually tortured or generally suffering then Sylvanas being stuck there in hell forever doing thankless work while mostly powerless might be perfect punishment.
    It wouldnt be perfect, but little is in this world, and if Sylvanas being the jailer and disappearing from the story forever means she technically gets let off easily then i will take it. Anything to remove her from the story.
    Fair enough. In that case the release will either be September or October. Maybe even Novemeber. Warlords was released around/after Blizzcon in 2014. The only expansion ever released in December I believe was Cataclysm.

i know most people don't seem to like this guy much, but he does bring up something interesting here.

i do very much wonder why the same symbol that's on the dark portal(a snake curled into an infinity symbol) is now showing up in the shadowlands, and why the mysterious hooded statues seem to be built around torghast too. also, those statues show up in another location in wow

knight's hollow... a GRAVE.

very interesting indeed.
    Those guys just look like Dark Riders, ngl. But, if they are of Shadowlands Origin, then...

That's weird. Weird indeed.

knight's hollow... a GRAVE.

very interesting indeed.
    No, because you and he are reading into things that aren't there.

7+ Year Old Account
    The name Oribos is inspired by the Ouroboros.

The ancient greek/egyptian symbol of infinity and the eternal cycle of birth and death.

The cities symbol is a snake biting it's own tail, because that's exactly what the Ouroboros is.
    A snake biting its own tail.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

The ancient greek/egyptian symbol of infinity and the eternal cycle of birth and death.

The cities symbol is a snake biting it's own tail, because that's exactly what the Ouroboros is.
    Didn't Blizzard state that they've always wanted to do true Greek culture, but they needed to find the right time to put it in WoW?

Glad they're sticking to their word there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Didn't Blizzard state that they've always wanted to do true Greek culture, but they needed to find the right time to put it in WoW?

Glad they're sticking to their word there.
    They are even pulling it on Kyrians.

All Aspirants in Bastion have greek themed names.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Nobody asked the same thing about Gul'dan because they said that he would be dealt with in the Legion Blizzcon overview. Why they didn't do the same for Sylvanas is beyond me: they barely said anything about the story at the panel itself.
    Probably because she’s not going to end up like Guldan? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    Probably because she’s not going to end up like Guldan? lol
    What makes you think this? She's the starter of the Expansion, just like Gul'dan and Garrosh.

What makes you think this? She's the starter of the Expansion, just like Gul'dan and Garrosh.
    Because they’re dumb but they’re not dumb enough to kill off a cash cow fan favorite legacy character and OG racial leader whose origins are not that of a villain. Hell, they didn’t even kill off Azshara and she’s always been a villain. Maybe she’ll have a fight like Jaina or Azshara but I think people are just setting themselves up for disappointment looking to sate their hate boners for an intentionally polarizing character.

I pretty much guarantee they will never kill off Sylvanas, Thrall or Jaina. They’re pretty much untouchable in a meta sense as far as important franchise characters are concerned.

Because they’re dumb but they’re not dumb enough to kill off a cash cow fan favorite legacy character and OG racial leader whose origins are not that of a villain. Hell, they didn’t even kill off Azshara and she’s always been a villain. Maybe she’ll have a fight like Jaina or Azshara but I think people are just setting themselves up for disappointment looking to sate their hate boners for an intentionally polarizing character.

I pretty much guarantee they will never kill off Sylvanas, Thrall or Jaina. They’re pretty much untouchable in a meta sense as far as important franchise characters are concerned.
    This is false, considering they killed off Varian, Tirion, Arthas, and co. They're as popular, if not more popular, than Sylvanas. Azshara didn't die because the plot still had use for her.

They need Azshara alive to survive long into WoW's sunset phase, even 10+ years from now, or else the Naga will be lost as an enemy to us.

This is false, considering they killed off Varian, Tirion, Arthas, and co. They're as popular, if not more popular, than Sylvanas. Azshara didn't die because the plot still had use for her.
    Lolllll thinking Varian and Tirion are more popular than Sylvanas. Arthas yes, but he was always a villain. That is his origin story.

Lolllll thinking Varian and Tirion are more popular than Sylvanas. Arthas yes, but he was always a villain. That is his origin story.
    Sylvanas has always been a Villain as well...

Sylvanas has always been a Villain as well...
    No, she hasn’t lol. She’s always been a racial leader for one of the factions and an antagonist for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

There's been speculation that it is a portmanteau of Ouroboros and Erebos.

No, she hasn’t lol. She’s always been a racial leader for one of the factions and an antagonist for the other.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzooSzyq9B8

Ima just leave this here.

The amount of hand wringing involved with justifying Sylvanas and her immunity as her being "polarizing."

She's not polarizing for story reasons. She's polarizing for meta reasons. It's the inconsistency of her actions/internal monologue and her incessant Karma Houdining up to this point. This was the same reason Garrosh was initially unpopular back in Wrath. The shift from seemingly being a one off throwback in Nagrand to Borean Tundra was considered very jarring and his first appearance with his new personality was contrasting a then-fan favorite, Saurfang.

Sylvanas isn't polarizing because she does bad things. Lots of beloved characters do that and keep popularity. She's polarizing because the story has to cave in on itself to avoid consequences being swift enough that it puts people off. If you think about it, for example, the entire Mak'gora where she lost her cool was pointless. The Horde and Alliance will remain at a bullshit standstill, their presence in the Shadowlands is irrelevant compared to the Covenants, and she accomplished her goal effortlessly barely any time later. It's at the point where if she could wipe out that many Death Knights that quickly, why even 5D chess for a war when she can probably just massacre swaths of people independently.

Hence why there needs to be SOME sort of reckoning. Whether it's death or not. Hell, even if there's some bullshit good reason for what she's doing. Otherwise it's unsatisfying storytelling and doubles down on a very obvious Creator's Pet.

So you have no argument of your own, good to know.

So you have no argument of your own, good to know.
    I do have an argument. This is just evidence provided by a greater "power".