Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.” -Shigeru Miyamoto. If that's truly the case, then delay the game.
    tpc would never let them do that, delaying the game would impact the anime, the tcg, the merch.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

They can't delay the game. The game must meet the deadline due to the anime and more than likely the other merchandising (toys, cards, etc). If they could have, I am sure Game Freak would have delayed it until they got the importer fixed. But the games only make so much, while everything else makes so much more, that those things determine the release date of the game, no matter what.

That's what it seems to me. According to that, they say this is to keep it from looking like SwSh is a failed gen, yet it seems to be having the complete opposite effect. I know I personally would have felt a bit more sympathy if they admitted the importer was fucked, and that the dex of SwSh is limited due to this, but future games will have the entire dex included. I'd actually purchase the game, then. But as it is, I don't think I will. Not until I can find a rather cheap used copy.

Please tell the Pokemon Company how you feel.

https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us...d=360000019993

Please save Pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont even want them to fix these games at this point, anything they do will just be putting make-up on an asshole. I rather they just immediately start focusing on the next gen titles and these games just remain a playable, but sore reminder for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Its official. This game is a rush disaster. No full dex or not, the other bs things with it is beyond ridiculous. What in the world is going on with this game? This can't seriously be real right now. Its like a beta game still.

- - - Updated - - -

I would honestly be fine with a smaller dex if they came out and said this. If they said "hey, we messed up. Our system meant to migrate them crashed. Next game for sure" I would be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I don't buy this.

Sure, I believe Game Freak is incompetent mess. The evidence for that is clear.

But I can't believe this is all part of some grand 4D Chess strategy and next games will fix everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell the Pokemon Company how you feel.

https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us...d=360000019993

Please save Pokemon.
    You think they'll listen?

Fuck no. They take the money and laugh all the way to the bank.

- - - Updated - - -

This explains so much.

Reviewers are all ignoring the legitimate criticisms of the game as expected. The only hope now is that it bombs, which it won't. Guess that's the final nail in the coffin for good Pokemon games.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Reviewers are all ignoring the legitimate criticisms of the game as expected. The only hope now is that it bombs, which it won't. Guess that's the final nail in the coffin for good Pokemon games.
    Are they ignoring them, or have things been very overstated?

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    If you think the criticisms about these games have been "overstated", you literally have paid 0 attention.

In any case, at least not everyone is falling in line to suck Pokemon's figurative dick: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...a-former-great

"Pokémon Sword and Shield add some brilliant new creatures, but like their gargantuan Dynamax forms, the games feel like a hollow projection." is the headline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Cutting half the roster.

Removing the GTS.

No Postgame.

Those are overstatements? Okay.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Metro also fell out of the line and gave actual critical review.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Cutting half the roster.

Removing the GTS.

No Postgame.

Those are overstatements? Okay.
    Screaming the sky is falling and the long drawn out diatribes about how “you deserve better yadda yadda yadda” definitely lends itself to “maybe it’s not as bad as the kicking and screaming have made it sound.”

Im sure the overwhelming opinions is going to be “reviewers are bias and aren’t being honest.” But the numbers coming out aren’t reflecting the shitshow that’s been described over the last few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the numbers coming out aren’t reflecting the shitshow that’s been described over the last few days.
    It's Pokemon. They could put a turd inside each game package and it would still sell millions. And that's exactly the number one problem here: no matter how bad things get, people will still buy the games because it's Pokemon, and it will still get good reviews.

Please don't try to downplay the absolute shitshow these games are and paint people as being exaggerating it. The dex cut was just the tip of the iceberg. The more we learn of the games, the worse it gets. That isn't to say that it's all bad: I am excited for the potential for competitive coming from the new move distribution and some of the new pokemon, and I don't hate most of the designs like many people do. But that alone does not salvage the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Like they had any credibility left anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Metro also fell out of the line and gave actual critical review.
    They still gave it a 7/10.

They still gave it a 7/10.
    Yeah, considering how much issues they had with it, 7 seems too much.

This could be a minor case of Journalistic game scoring, where 10 - good, 9 - mediocre, 8 - bad, 7 -awful and 6 and below don't even exists.

10+ Year Old Account