Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Yrel's Lightbound Crusade

This is NOT a speculation thread, not another fake leak thread, this is a WISH list for 10.0 or beyond. Would you like to see Yrel in a Light/Void expansion theme in 10.1?

Theme:Light vs. Void, mortals caught in the middle.
    When: 10.1
    Zones/World: Draenor has collapsed onto itself much like Outland, its Alternate Timeline erased. Yrel has barely made it off world with her Lightbound Army of Orcs and Draenei. Alleria has unwittingly, and unwillingly become a gateway for The Void Lords directly to Azeroth, unleashing the full wrath of The Void on Eastern Kingdoms; The Void Lords have grown tired of their instruments' failures with N'zoth's fall. Yrel knows the only way to save the universe from being swallowed by darkness, is to subjugate it to The Light. Outland itself becomes a staging ground from an invasion and resistance force from all sides. Duskwood, Felwood and The Blasted Lands become hubs of conflict between The Void, The Light, and Azeroth's mortals. Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves in particular must decide where their allegiance lies; The Alliance, The Void, or Yrel. On Outland, Thrall makes his final stand, deciding to go down with his people's home world as it is completely dismantled amidst a conflict he can't stop, sending his children through to Kalimdor for Gey'arah to look after.
    Antagonists: Yrel & Alleria, instruments of The Light & Void. All roads lead to Yrel and Alleria.
    Heroes: Thrall, Turalyon & Umbric.
    Potential Features: Orc Paladins, playable Ogres from Draenor or Outland, a new class, Necromancer or Dark Rangers from Shadowlands that will help battle The Light & Void. Lightbound Saberon and playable High Arakkoa. Ethereals as the next neutral playable race?

There is no telling how many themes Shadowlands will even address, but Light isn't likely, and Void may just be glossed over or set up if anything. Is the character of Yrel and The Light used as a force for evil on a worldwide threat at all alluring to you? To me, Yrel is the one remaining interesting dark horse in the Warcraft universe.

Yes.
    No, to a light and void expansion. Void is in every expansion, would like a break.

Shes DAMN HOT on that pic. I wouldn't mind if she does her crusade on me. I'll pop her wings up

7+ Year Old Account
    No, nazi Yrel was a really dumb idea.

3+ Year Old Account
    They are all dead, Alt timeline is collapsing onto its self.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    No, nazi Yrel was a really dumb idea.
    She was more like a religious zealot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Shes DAMN HOT on that pic. I wouldn't mind if she does her crusade on me. I'll pop her wings up
    Want more? Look up PersonalAmi, that's the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    They are all dead, Alt timeline is collapsing onto its self.
    No way Blizzard set all of that up to not use later. The timeline can still collapse but it's very likely they'll salvage the characters they need from it before it does.

While in the past I was very vocal against turning Alleria into a villain, now I wouldn't mind seeing that, so long as she gets turned into a badass villain and gets good character development. Bring on the Void war criminal!

Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

I think Yrel is a trash character, but her zealot turn made her somewhat interesting at least. I'd like to see where it goes in a future expansion, and worst case scenario we would finally have some Alliance type races who are the bad guys for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    While in the past I was very vocal against turning Alleria into a villain, now I wouldn't mind seeing that, so long as she gets turned into a badass villain and gets good character development. Bring on the Void war criminal!
    Opposite of Yrel, I'd see her used an unwilling instrument of destruction that has to sacrifice her life to stop herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    No way Blizzard set all of that up to not use later. The timeline can still collapse but it's very likely they'll salvage the characters they need from it before it does.
    How? They need a piece of the Hourglass thingie that Kairoz made, and only Eitrigg, afaik, have a piece of it. They can't reach our timeline without it.

I would love to see some focus on the "Light" And the Light's darker side. No more void though please, we've had so much void recently, and Shadowlands will be all.. Necromancy, darkness, void...

The light being the antagonist for once could be cool. Paladins questioning their own beliefs, priests aligning themselves more with the void. Could be an interesting way to actually develop Anduinn as well, make him doubt himself, make him doubt the light... Sadly, it would probably be too Alliance focused, given the Lightforged and the Void elves are Alliance. I guess the angle of Yrel going full on crusade mode would give the Horde a reason to participate too... Though I do prefer my Yrel not being fully villainized. Her story was kinda butchered throughout WoD, but I was enjoying her character a lot in general, and I enjoy the darker side of the Light she and her more devoted show.

Quote Originally Posted by Iruru View Post
    How? They need a piece of the Hourglass thingie that Kairoz made, and only Eitrigg, afaik, have a piece of it. They can't reach our timeline without it.
    The Hourglass piece is just a doohickey like The Helm of Domination was used to tear open a path to the Shadowlands. Doohickeys in fantasy are tropes that can be circumvented to tell the story you want.

Opposite of Yrel, I'd see her used an unwilling instrument of destruction that has to sacrifice her life to stop herself.
    Yeah. If she becomes a villain, I'd like to see her die redeeming herself for what she did.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hourglass piece is just a doohickey like The Helm of Domination was used to tear open a path to the Shadowlands. Doohickeys in fantasy are tropes that can be circumvented to tell the story you want.
    Yrel prevented AU Grommash from coming with us.

To hell with Yrel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Why do you think AU Grom's son betrayed his people and joined Yrel?

The Lightbound have a very hands-on conversion process.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I would love to see some focus on the "Light" And the Light's darker side. No more void though please, we've had so much void recently, and Shadowlands will be all.. Necromancy, darkness, void...

The light being the antagonist for once could be cool. Paladins questioning their own beliefs, priests aligning themselves more with the void. Could be an interesting way to actually develop Anduinn as well, make him doubt himself, make him doubt the light... Sadly, it would probably be too Alliance focused, given the Lightforged and the Void elves are Alliance. I guess the angle of Yrel going full on crusade mode would give the Horde a reason to participate too... Though I do prefer my Yrel not being fully villainized. Her story was kinda butchered throughout WoD, but I was enjoying her character a lot in general, and I enjoy the darker side of the Light she and her more devoted show.
    The void is The Light's "dark side", thematically, I believe. They're opposites like fel and arcane. I'm experiencing Void fatigue too, just because Old Gods have been sub-plots in nearly every expansion, and they are Void Lord creations, but in order to justify Yrel's zealotry, and not fully vilify her as an irredeemable agent of chaos, she needs her own obstacle; The Void, a lot like they justified Sargeras' crusade with The Void. These cosmic forces are intertwined in eternal conflict. Unfortunately, The Void plays a hand in everything that goes on, but it doesn't need to be the focus, far from it, just the catalyst. I don't want faceless Void Lords as raid bosses, but flawed, and struggling mortals like Alleria as the vehicle for their destruction, a lot like Sargeras used Medivh, or Sylvanas and The Jailer. Back then, Sargeras was a faceless force of evil too, and Medivh was his instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Why do you think AU Grom's son betrayed his people and joined Yrel?

The Lightbound have a very hands-on conversion process.
    erm... wat? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Yeah. If she becomes a villain, I'd like to see her die redeeming herself for what she did.
    "You thought you could resist the whispers? Let's see how you can resist when we turn the volume up to 11."

Then still resisting but dying is the perfect send off.