Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Trump's base hates her. There's no way he's picking her, even if some "respectable" conservatives think that they'd benefit from having a diverse ticket (which doesn't even make any sense given Trump's base and their overt hostility towards diversity).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Trump's base hates her. There's no way he's picking her, even if some "respectable" conservatives think that they'd benefit from having a diverse ticket (which doesn't even make any sense given Trump's base and their overt hostility towards diversity).
    Was watching Morning Joe, and they said it was because Trump is losing suburban women. That is why she is doing everything to be Trump's new lackey.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Was watching Morning Joe, and they said it was because Trump is losing suburban women. That is why she is doing everything to be Trump's new lackey.
    Except it's not going to do anything to help them with that demographic, as they're more turned off by his policies.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    True - but his base won't do anything different regardless of what Trump does. Trump might think it's a good idea to court the women's vote, and there are women who vote for him still (which is frankly amazingly infuriating - talk about voting against your interests) and so there are probably women who are on the fence and might be persuaded by Hayley's addition to the ticket.

But since we're dealing with a base point of "fuck-wit crazy" when it comes to Trump's rabid fan base, any guess is as good as another.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    Do you think it's possible that the reason for the highest turnover ever is that he's actually doing what he said he'd do: drain the swamp?

I don't have any insider information or anything, but I'm fairly certain that corruption has been entrenched in Washington since well before Trump. I'd say it likely predates even JFK. So when people seem to claim with absolute certainty that everyone is against Trump "for the good of the country", my only question to them would be "how can you be so sure that those accusing him aren't the cause of the real issue?"
    The idea that all of those that left were corrupt and Trump has been weeding them out is fanfiction levels of hypotheticals, considering how corrupt we know Trump actually is.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The idea that all of those that left were corrupt and Trump has been weeding them out is fanfiction levels of hypotheticals, considering how corrupt we know Trump actually is.
    Though, most of them were corrupt, but then again, so is Trump. They are just following their leader though. Look at the lot of them that are there and the ones that have left. Mulvaney should be in jail for extortion, lots of them caught going on vacations and whatnot on the taxpayer dime, people being in positions of power they aren't qualified to do.

Though, most of them were corrupt, but then again, so is Trump. They are just following their leader though. Look at the lot of them that are there and the ones that have left. Mulvaney should be in jail for extortion, lots of them caught going on vacations and whatnot on the taxpayer dime, people being in positions of power they aren't qualified to do.
    True, many are, it's why Trump chose them, but to say Trump is doing this to keep a campaign promise when he hasn't kept one of them is an asinine idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    So many people thus far release a book about their experience with Donnie.

Ironic in a way since he is the president that can't grasp anything spanning more than half a page before he loses interest.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Yep, it is why it is surprising that all of these so called veterans and active duty military members, support Trump, who is a self admitted traitor to this country.
    I mean, joining the military doesn't automatically make you informed or even particularly intelligent. I would imagine any given group of soldiers will contain the same division of idiots to not idiots that a group of civilians will.

Not a jab at the military mind, just a more general 'people are, on average, stupid.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Damn it. The attorneys of the Nazis in Nuremberg were just ahead of their time.

Back then "I was just following orders" - "I cannot disobey my superior" wasn't a valid defence - they would have just needed some judges with the mindest demonstrated by the new GOP.
    Nixon would have killed to have Reagan's "I don't remember" defense work for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Except it's not going to do anything to help them with that demographic, as they're more turned off by his policies.
    He's stupid enough to do it and she is power hungry enough to accept great combination.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a disgrace what they tried to do to Trump. They are not elected officials. He was. She also said during her interview that I saw, she thinks Trump has been harsher on Russia than Obama was. She noted, he is softer in his dealings with people, than his actions are. And his actions has shown he is firm in his opposition to Russia.

I admire her courage for standing up to those two. She would make a great senator or even President one day.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It was a disgrace what they tried to do to Trump. They are not elected officials. He was. She also said during her interview that I saw, she thinks Trump has been harsher on Russia than Obama was. She noted, he is softer in his dealings with people, than his actions are. And his actions has shown he is firm in his opposition to Russia.

I admire her courage for standing up to those two. She would make a great senator or even President one day.
    How the fuck has Trump been harsher on Russia than Obama? He literally has bent over backwards to appease Putin, his literal puppetmaster. I mean, he, in 2017, wouldn't give Javelins to Ukraine, because it would make Putin unhappy. Same with dragging his feet on sanctions against Russia as long as he could til Congress instituted them. You literally have to be fucking ignorant of reality, to not see how much he is trying to be best friends with that murderous dictator.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

Oh my, you can be upset by gross incompetence in government! What a surprise. Weird that you belief this cash grabbing memoir, and not all the others though.

The continued insistence that Trump is somehow "Tough" on Russia is tiresome though. Nobody is buying that bullshit. He defends them when they murder UK citizens, he defends them when they interfere in our elections, he defends them when they invade allied nations (And attempts to withhold military assistance from those same countries), he gifts them Syria on a silver platter, he defends their invasion of Afghanistan completely unprompted, he undermines NATO for them, he keeps trying to invite them back to the G6, he stalls when Congress tries to put sanctions on them.

"Tougher on Russia then Obama" is a really, really low bar to clear. Obama rolled over every time Putin glared (Which is always), but at least he never fetched Putin's newspaper and begged for treats. Trump has not only failed to be tougher on Russia, he acts completely supportive of every crap thing Putin does. Nikki fucking Haley lying as usual doesn't change the facts.

She also said during her interview that I saw, she thinks Trump has been harsher on Russia than Obama was.
    And she would be wrong.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Why do you believe her book and not the litany of others that paint a horror show of a White House under Donald Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Do you think it's OK for an Ambassador to be told to undermine the President? If yes how would you feel if it was a President you supported?
    If finland ever had a president as bigoted, moronic and pro-russia as trump, I would not only think they SHOULD, I would DEMAND it. Luckily I also never voted for a clearly pro-soviet/russia president or politician here. We've had our share for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a disgrace what they tried to do to Trump. They are not elected officials. He was. She also said during her interview that I saw, she thinks Trump has been harsher on Russia than Obama was. She noted, he is softer in his dealings with people, than his actions are. And his actions has shown he is firm in his opposition to Russia. I admire her courage for standing up to those two. She would make a great senator or even President one day.
    You would not know "harsh on russia" if it hit you squarely on your face. It's really hilarious the lenghts to which you will go to defend your idiot-in-chief.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    How the fuck has Trump been harsher on Russia than Obama? He literally has bent over backwards to appease Putin, his literal puppetmaster. I mean, he, in 2017, wouldn't give Javelins to Ukraine, because it would make Putin unhappy. Same with dragging his feet on sanctions against Russia as long as he could til Congress instituted them. You literally have to be fucking ignorant of reality, to not see how much he is trying to be best friends with that murderous dictator.
    you can't go softer on russian than "uranium one"

Trump has refused to enforce every sanction he has ever claimed to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    you can't go softer on russian than "uranium one"
    You mean the thing that didn't happen the way your conspiracy theories say it did?