Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Lack of WoW books

Why aren't they publishing WoW books like they did it back in Cata and MoP?
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

5+ Year Old Account
    maybe they werent lucrative enough

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    What do you mean? Before the Storm? Illidan?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    What do you mean? Before the Storm? Illidan?
    Cataclysm had The shattering, Stormrage and Wolfheart leading up to the story of Cataclysm and then Twilight of the Aspects for 4.3. MoP had 3 novels, Tides of War leading up to the expansion, Shadows of the Horde for 5.3 and War Crimes as epilogue of the expansion.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Cataclysm had The shattering, Stormrage and Wolfheart leading up to the story of Cataclysm and then Twilight of the Aspects for 4.3. MoP had 3 novels, Tides of War leading up to the expansion, Shadows of the Horde for 5.3 and War Crimes as epilogue of the expansion.
    So please specify your question - no books, or less books...

They’ve spent the last few years exploring new mediums, including audio stories, still frame animation, and in game cinematics. Christie Golden is still creating that lore, but they aren’t currently using books as the focus (outside of Chronicle). Maybe they’ll go back, maybe not. Depends how they want to present shadowlands

Only WoW book I ever bought and read was Arthas: Rise of the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is something they're going to stop doing, I wouldn't complain. Reading a novel shouldn't be a requirement of understanding the story/characters in a game - those things need to be in the game.

That isn't to say I wouldn't want more books about the universe, lore etc... but don't tie critical details about an expansion to something that is removed entirely from said expansion.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    We still get them. Just not as many. We literally just had Before the Storm that led into BfA. Also had Illidan before that during Legion. Even WoD had Warcrimes leading into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they mean nothing now
    any book will be retconed if not flat out sh8tconed in 5 years max
    i bought many books and they are worthless, Rise of Horde amplified a lot of wc3 vision of orcs, only for MoP and WoD to completely f8ck it
    so tell me why would i care about something they clearly don't? Maybe i was stupid and they never did and were making them only for $ not to actually expend lore of a beloved world but well back then i was still younger and stupid and believed that
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    I prefer short stories, cinamatics and ingame events,dialogue to the books. While the books are a great addition, they just often feel a slight disconnect from what we as players experience/know/see.

If we could get many more short stories for Lore characters and Expansion characters, to build up current events rather then long awaited book titles

Why buy a questionable product that can/will be retcon'd by the next generation of hack writers? It's like throwing money at fan fiction.
    Not even the Chronicle is safe from this kind of bullshit, as we have seen.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2019-11-15 at 03:09 AM.

Most of the new ones are not really any good...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Why buy a questionable product that can/will be retcon'd by the next generation of hack writers? It's like throwimg money at fan fiction.
    Not even the Chronicle is safe from this kind of bullshit, as we have seen.
    This is actually a good point. I heard they retconned a couple things in Shadowlands to make more sense for it. I'd imagine it'd make the books irrelevant then if they have false information in them. That's really stupid of them to do.

However I would love some new gnome focused stories. Now that these new mechagnomes are part of the game they could have a story about their life in Mechagon before Erazmin and his people were exiled. I'd buy it. Another good one would be about the goblins' life on Kezan before the cataclysm hits it. I'd love those.

I'd buy that for a dollar.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-11-14 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really lack of content, it is there. It is just not fully up to everyone's taste.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-for-Azeroth)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    with the low quality of the books prob they didn't sell much, so maybe they are cutting the money from this department.

Cause honestly, before the storm to me was garbage, bland and boring.

I loved the short stories we got during MoP. You could read one in about an hour or two and walk away satisfied. My favorite was Bleeding Sun. Wish we got a follow up to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    with the low quality of the books prob they didn't sell much, so maybe they are cutting the money from this department.
    ^

I had a bookshelf of Warcraft books. Rise of the Horde, Lord of the Clans, War of the Ancients, Traveler... most of them were pretty forgettable. Recently tossed out everything except War Crimes, which was fine.

The traveler part 3 was supposed to come out this year but I haven't seen any updates on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Only Warcraft thing I ever read was a comic, and it was that thick ass tome of a comic with Kalecgos.

All the lore should be in-game only. Telling a story over multiple mediums is a terrible story-telling technique

I took a break from Cata - Legion and I had no idea how the hell the events of WoD started because the period of time from the end of SoO to the opening of the Dark Portal WASN'T EXPLAINED IN GAME