Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    That's bullshit, as Blizzard actually said the exact opposite (that servers today are much bigger than those from Vanilla, which had a 3K cap).
    Imagine calling other uninformed when you're the one sprouting shit everywhere.

(of course the chance are that you're just a troll doing it on purpose)
    They would have to be to support five or six layers. But once realms are down to a single layer it's a little bit of a leap to assume that the caps are still the same. It's just as likely that as layers were removed so the server cap was reduced. You don't KNOW that they weren't just as I don't know that they were. But the evidence still suggests that the Blizzard eventual goal for realms is around the 3,000 level.

All of this is entirely speculative. No one but Blizzard really knows how it's working at this point. Just that layers are gone. Oh, and the game somehow survived their presence despite about a million words to the effect that it wouldn't.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-14 at 01:19 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Did not hold that long i guess when there is only the streamer server left with any kind of queue.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2019-11-14 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Did not hold that long i guess when there is only the streamer server left with any kind of queue.
    Yes, clearly wow classic was a failure, now please go back to retail and let me play on my non streamer server... can't even get past the queue QQ.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

Let's see where it is on the anniversary of the classic release. Good on classic though, I was one of the people that thought it would die in a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    Yes, clearly wow classic was a failure, now please go back to retail and let me play on my non streamer server... can't even get past the queue QQ.
    No sir, classic was a success as everyone knew it would happen considering the hype around it. But well.. many servers already feel dead if you read the comments here, and my 60 priest is on Lucifron and even if it is "full" the server and zones just feel very lonely to me. The same few people posting in trade and that's it, nothing left from the initial population, but at least we have now a small server community i guess.

Obviously that was gonna happen as the people at 60 are pretty much done until the next step. We do our weekly MC and that's it but 90% are just raid logging either way. Also our guild easily lost more than 80% of the players that never came back online after the first 1-2 weeks. So i guess my impression based on my own experience and many others here is that classic has lost a fuckton of players.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2019-11-14 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    That's ridiculous.
    It's not, when you are trying to compare one thing to another. If you compare two numbers you guessed you get nothing worthy of a discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Let's see where it is on the anniversary of the classic release. Good on classic though, I was one of the people that thought it would die in a couple months.
    Right now is the actual test of how long it'll last. Players are getting shafted on server transfers off 80/20 opposing faction domination server transfers and now there's huge wait times for a lot of the servers again. A lot of guilds got broken up on Monday when they had transfers available to Alliance off select servers for only 30 minutes, it's pretty much a mess right now(again), but we'll see if it holds through a second shit show from Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They would have to be to support five or six layers. But once realms are down to a single layer it's a little bit of a leap to assume that the caps are still the same.
    That's what Blizzard explicitely said, so it's not that much of a leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Even if I would base my world view of this soley on your experience you forget there was nothing to fix.
    They reused old assets and made implementations for it to run on current framework.

It has literally been an extremely low amount of development (in which we include fixing) compared to the scope of the product and its profitability.
    try it yourself, lol
    they didn't wanna do it in the first place, not cuz they are assholes, but cuz resurrecting 17-18 years old code is often impossible and isnt' worth it money-wise like 99% of the time
    I don't know how they did it, my bet is they got all the numbers and tooltips from private servers and reinvented them on modern server.
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Simple math: let's assume that each server is set with a cap of not 3k which is the actual number, but say 30k which is impossible, but just to inflate it and see if even that can add up to a million by combining all servers in all regions. The answer is....surprise, surprise! BLIZZ MARKETING BS LIES. Nothing more nothing less than a failure of a hype campaign to deal with the falling stock price.

Blizzard needs me to lead WoW development. I'd even do it for free!

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    I may be a dumb blonde and not get it but why do people look for justification in these things ? Would you not play the game if it "only" had 900000 subs ? I just don't get it :P
    5'11 tranny, proud of it, but NOT an sjw.
    Margot Robbie = GOALS

Euu yesterday mograine had a queue of 90 minutes and we dont have any streamers here, :thinking:

7+ Year Old Account
    No sir, classic was a success as everyone knew it would happen considering the hype around it. But well.. many servers already feel dead if you read the comments here
    I don't know how you can say that. I play on one of the lower population US servers. One of only 8 servers that are classified as "medium" population. Every other server is high or full. The server I play on feels very full. It feels more full than the high pop server I played on during actual vanilla (2004-2006) did. Server populations are not crashing. They are not wastelands of empty zones and people only logging in once a week. If a medium pop server still feels active and full, then all the other majority of high pop servers must be absolutely CROWDED right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    I don't know how you can say that. I play on one of the lower population US servers. One of only 8 servers that are classified as "medium" population. Every other server is high or full. The server I play on feels very full. It feels more full than the high pop server I played on during actual vanilla (2004-2006) did. Server populations are not crashing. They are not wastelands of empty zones and people only logging in once a week. If a medium pop server still feels active and full, then all the other majority of high pop servers must be absolutely CROWDED right now.
    Some people here have an agenda and they see proof of it in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    try it yourself, lol
    they didn't wanna do it in the first place, not cuz they are assholes, but cuz resurrecting 17-18 years old code is often impossible and isnt' worth it money-wise like 99% of the time
    I don't know how they did it
    They explicitely said how they did it, so you must not have followed closely. They dug up their old source code and replicated the way it worked into the modern (Legion at the time) structure.
    my bet is they got all the numbers and tooltips from private servers and reinvented them on modern server.
    That's completely idiotic. They have the DB and the source code from the time, why would they need to do something as dumb as looking up to private servers ? That makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Simple math: let's assume that each server is set with a cap of not 3k which is the actual number, but say 30k which is impossible, but just to inflate it and see if even that can add up to a million by combining all servers in all regions. The answer is....surprise, surprise! BLIZZ MARKETING BS LIES.
    70 x 30k = 2,1 M
    Didn't knew basic arithmetics were so hard

Also, you need to learn the difference between concurrent and active players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    I don't know how you can say that.
    Because he has an agenda.
    Open about any thread in this forum, look up the names of the people who bash Classic or claim it's dead/a failure.
    Notice that a good number of them are the same guys posting over and over everywhere.
    Have a look at the post history of said people who bash Classic or claim it's dead/a failure.
    Notice that the vast majority are either not playing Classic and/or were spamming the Classic forum with derogatory posts for a long time.
    Draw conclusions.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-11-14 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    SO all we need to do to retail wow to make it successful:
    1. Remove flying
    2. Make levelling a painful and length process.
    3. Remove almost all max level content
    4. Completely imbalance classes.

Everyone should be way happier shouldn't they ?

It is hard for me to spend the time getting to 60 knowing that there is nothing to do once there.
    There really isnt anything in retail to do after max level that doesnt require a carrot on a stick

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    try it yourself, lol
    I don't know how they did it, my bet is they got all the numbers and tooltips from private servers and reinvented them on modern server.
    "You think you want but you dont" remember that quote?

Blizzard did not want to do it partly by hubris thinking their expansion was up to BLZ standards and partly being correct stating that the creative process is all but gone rehashing old content and it would be hard to motivate employees to back the project.

The only time they stated it was hard was after they announced it and pounced on the PR stunt that the wanted to sell it as "This was immensely hard and demanding but look how we toiled for YOU!"

In terms of the data not much was lost in its original backups and lost in time.
    The resurrection sure took work but more or less only coding and hardware.

No models, textures, landscape, instances, music, sound effects had to be done.

It was a side project and they didn't want to do it but got convinced by the prospect of little development cost (compared to an expansion), not much training of customer staff (compared to a new game) and basically the entire artist staff free to work on their priorities, new expansion and new games.

All those perks and yet a nice juicy revenue boost.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2019-11-14 at 03:52 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.