Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the 2nd worst overall class design behind only Vanilla imo. My favorite class (Hunter) is completely ruined from it's glory days of MoP.

i loved my ele shaman in Legion and liked it a lot in BFA.

In that same way every class feels worse in BFA than it did in Legion. Most classes are much worse

Essences made classes feel a lot better, now with corrupted gear and weapons, I think they will feel even better at last tier. At least fire mage and shadow priest feel nice to play with versatile playstyle

Depends on spec. I enjoy demonology warlock and believe BFA demonology is the best iteration ever. However destro lock is absolutely garbage since WoD

Personally I don't like how many skills feel like fillers you have to press just for sake pressing something. It is especially bad with builder specs where your skills hits like wet noodles until you push your spender.

People actually like things that I do not....the greatest mystery to befall the average MMO Champion Poster

Quote Originally Posted by inthemist View Post
    Essences made classes feel a lot better, now with corrupted gear and weapons, I think they will feel even better at last tier. At least fire mage and shadow priest feel nice to play with versatile playstyle
    Unfortunately, that's half the problem IMO as it's subjective to the individual and the class/specs they play.

What if you hate PvP but that's where your BiS essence comes from?
    What if you love M+ and don't raid, but that's where your BiS essence comes from?
    What if you really enjoy your spec, but in a balancing patch, Blizzard changes your Azerite Traits and the result changes your gameplay in a manner you don't enjoy?

Honestly, as bad as the classes (specs) are at the moment, Blizzard still prioritizes it over Aesthetics... i.e. the RPGelements of WOW have been lost.
    Do you really enjoy the XYZ Class for aesthetic reasons? Well, lets hope you enjoy every iteration and re-design of the specs, including mid-expansion changes due to Azerite powers and essences.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm trying to sort this out. I personally thought classes felt awful in BFA.

At Blizzcon we got no major announcement regarding reworking of classes, and it seems like a lot of people congratulated Blizzard on that....so does that mean people are happy with the classes in their current iteration with some old abilities thrown back on top?

After all, if they were to do a major talent revamp - which would be required in order to make classes feel more like classes and less like specs - wouldn't that be a "revamp" that these same people are congratulating Blizzard for NOT announcing?

I don't really understand how they take focus away from specs if they don't completely shake up talents, but no one seems to want a rework?

Care to elaborate on why they feel awful?

Depends on the class. I'm still not a fan of the GCD change but other than that overall I'm generally fine with where classes are. Most specs feel complete enough to fill up my usual key binds, and distinct enough to enjoy (or not) for different reasons.

-I like all warlock specs, but Demo only feels good on longer fights
    -I quite like Holy, and while I've liked other iterations of Disc and Shadow better, they're ok. I like insanity as a mechanic, but the CD of Void Bolt makes it feel awkward sometime. I wish the damage, DoT extension, and CD of Void Bolt were doubled.
    -All three mage specs I think are pretty good, and distinct. RoP+Arcane Power or Icy Veins is awkward
    -MW is cool, I miss WW's artifact ability, and I don't play BrM enough to have a strong opinion
    -Assassination and Outlaw are good, Sub I've liked better. Maybe it's a pacing thing; I don't think the interactions between energy/shadow dance/symbols are very intuitive
    -All Druid specs I like.
    -Havoc is probably the most fun spec to play this expansion for me. Veng. is ok to me, not fantastic.
    -Love Resto Shammy. Both DPS specs I'm fine with.
    -I spend the most time as MM. I'm still a little 'meh' with having trick shot as the AoE mechanic, but I'm used to it. BM is fine, and SV I think is an improvement on Legion's version. I particularly like the Wildfire Infusion talent
    -I really like Unholy's toolkit. I've been playing it a lot lately. Other than Ice Dragon Strafe of Eye Popping Numbers, Frost is uninspiring by comparison. Blood is good.
    -I'm pretty much fine with Paladin specs, though I don't play Holy that much
    -Pretty happy overall with Warriors too.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Chrotesque View Post
    For the first time since Vanilla I actually switched mains in BfA from Warlock to Warrior, so when it comes to Affliction Warlocks I certainly agree.
    I had similar feelings about playing my lock.
    Last edited by ghays; 2019-11-15 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Why did an Enhancement Shaman need to become a budget Fury Warrior? Why is it using a pseudo rage bar?
    Those two feel nothing alike...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

My monk seems to have gotten away unscathed, still liking all 3 specs, just missing artifact abilities I always forgot to use. Didn't feel the loss.

BM hunter got another base rotation ability which made it feel less hollow by a longshot. Between that and more focus on unique pet abilities they're definitely in a better place than Legion.

Outlaw rogue may have kept good AoE dps but without any form of ST burst and with two less cooldowns overall I despised it, didn't even feel like a rogue anymore, I couldn't kill anyone. 8.2 helped a ton with essences but it's still in a worse overall place than Legion and the first expansion in history to make me not main my main.

Frost DK was my next go to level to 120, was not a fan of unholy at all, kept feeling resource starved and sluggish, but frost felt punchy enough with an understandable set of CDs, and I'm getting the hang of blood, i'd put it middle-of-the-road on tank specs, I can play it. The problem of course is I have no idea what this class was like before BFA. All I ever hear is people whining about it being changed from 2h to dual exclusive but that doesn't seem related to the actual rotation or abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I don't mind BFA it self that much, but the reason I don't play much of it is because the classes feel awful to play.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Hunter specs are absolutely awful gameplay wise, with the exception of SV which has it's own problems that could be improved upon.

Huge downgrades from Legion and prior expansions.
    I don't know about the rest.

BM and MM feel so dull that I wonder if Shadowlands is actually able to improve them with the new legendaries and covenant abilities/passives.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-11-14 at 05:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    I think my biggest issue is just how similar and simplistic they all feel. Like, you generally only use 3 or 4 skills, but there's still so much ability bloat from skills given from talents and fun skills that should be there but are really only situational. (Like Far sight, slow fall, etc).

But as I said in another post, I play my demon hunter/enhance shaman/death knight, and they all feel like the same class. They all feel the same. Manage your random resource and press the button for whatever skill flashes on your screen. It's kind of mindless and none of them feel truly unique. But it's been this way since Legion. They had to redesign classes for the artifact weapons and in doing so they've managed to essentially make the majority of these specs feel the same.

There are other issues I have with things like Ele shaman, where they've put so much emphasis on lava instead of sticking with lightning as the main focus, which kind of made the spec less fun to me because it just feels like you're playing a destro lock or fire mage, spam basic abilities, skill lights up, press, spam basic abilities, skill lights up, press.

Anyway, this probably didn't make a whole lot of sense but I agree. It's frustrating coming back from a 3 year break and having to relearn everything because every expansion they redesign classes. I miss getting new unique abilities.
    I'm not sure I'd say enhance feels like DK. Not unholy at least. It feels more like a poor man's fury warrior with crappy, fake resource management.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Those two feel nothing alike...
    they're almost exactly the same

add enrage mechanic to enhance and its a fury warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm trying to sort this out. I personally thought classes felt awful in BFA.

At Blizzcon we got no major announcement regarding reworking of classes, and it seems like a lot of people congratulated Blizzard on that....so does that mean people are happy with the classes in their current iteration with some old abilities thrown back on top?

After all, if they were to do a major talent revamp - which would be required in order to make classes feel more like classes and less like specs - wouldn't that be a "revamp" that these same people are congratulating Blizzard for NOT announcing?

I don't really understand how they take focus away from specs if they don't completely shake up talents, but no one seems to want a rework?
    I don't see anything different about them compared to previous expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my biggest issue is just how similar and simplistic they all feel.
    I don't think they are.

Like, you generally only use 3 or 4 skills
    What spec is there where you only use 3-4 skills? I like to keep things to 15 keybinds and I haven't had a single spec in BFA or recent expansions where I had trouble filling those 15 keybinds, and in some cases I need some more. I use almost every one of my abilities on every spec I play. Only ones I rarely use are most CC abilities.

5+ Year Old Account
    It might be more interesting to see people's opinions of BFA classes' gameplay and the type of content they consume with those classes.

Could be there are classes that feel good to play during World Quests but higher end content feel not good.

Reminds me of the time when Blizzard balanced mage frost spec around the top 2% pvpers and how that felt jarring for people not playing it at that high tier of playstyle.

I can only speak to the classes I’ve been playing. I love my Holy Priest, though I hate picking between Surge of Light and Circle of Healing. My Balance Druid has never been more fun. As for my Ret Pally, he’s kinda annoying... but that’s not a BfA issue. I don’t like Holy Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    They all feel the same, they're slow
    No. Most classes are absolutely not slow. Gameplay in WoW in general is extremely fast-paced. Almost to a fault.

Yes, absolutely.

Not that i didn't enjoy previous versions of some specs (Boomie back in Cataclysm for example), but they all feel different and interesting to play. People just spew the same bullshit, but fact is, apart from a couple of outliers, the classes\specs are in a very, very good place right now.