Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Now that the Alliance and Horde have mostly entered into a truce do you think Khadgar should come back as a main character in Shadowlands?
    I'd welcome a more serious version of him. All his punning around in Legion (like talking about the presents he wanted to buy with coins that you loot from an area filled with dead/mutilated soldiers) wore on me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    I wish everyone thinked like this.
    Somehow people expect blizzard to give important roles in every story (xpacs) to ALL main characters existing in this game.
    Well, it's really simple. They either have to give them important roles, or explain their absence. They're doing neither. "He's not in the mood" doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Only if he asks us to explore the upside down version of Kara.
    We did that already.

Still I'm up for even the slightest excuse to include him.

"CHAMPION! THE FORCES OF DEATH HAVE TAKEN OVER KARAZHAN CRYPTS, YOU MUST STOP THEM!" I'll be like "hell yeah, more karazhan, sign me up"

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Well, it's really simple. They either have to give them important roles, or explain their absence. They're doing neither. "He's not in the mood" doesn't cut it.
    That's really not feasible. I'm not sure you grasp how big the WoW story is, with thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of characters to keep track of by now.

Not Mudmug though, we all know he's off in the Shadowlands making beer out of ghost-mud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    We did that already.

Still I'm up for even the slightest excuse to include him.

"CHAMPION! THE FORCES OF DEATH HAVE TAKEN OVER KARAZHAN CRYPTS, YOU MUST STOP THEM!" I'll be like "hell yeah, more karazhan, sign me up"

That's really not feasible. I'm not sure you grasp how big the WoW story is, with thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of characters to keep track of by now.

Not Mudmug though, we all know he's off in the Shadowlands making beer out of ghost-mud.
    Yes, and most of these thousands of characters are completely irrelevant. Khadgar isn't. He's important, and his absence isn't plausible, so he needs to be there, or it needs to be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Yeah. I could see Khadgar playing a major role if Alleria "snaps", so to say (not necessarily goes mad, but starts losing to the whispers). But as you said we'll have to wait 10.0 (i.e. The Light and Void expansion).
    If Alleria "snaps" than Turalyon should be the one who stops her. Just like you need a close family member or something to stake a vampire so it will not raise again from the grave.

Give Khadgar a rest and bring him back in an expansion where he fits to the theme.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No fuck him, he just cause more problems for the player character

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar could only make a appearance if they add in some short scenario where Medivh is stuck in the SL and Khadgar needs our help.. but can't think of any other reason why he would care to help us here. So no.

"No one's ever really gone"

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    If Alleria "snaps" than Turalyon should be the one who stops her. Just like you need a close family member or something to stake a vampire so it will not raise again from the grave.

Give Khadgar a rest and bring him back in an expansion where he fits to the theme.
    Turalyon will stab her after she's gone full apeshit and destroyed Stormwind.

(totally not a Game of Thrones reference)
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Khadgar should sit this one out. I want to see MEDIVH again, what has been that bastard up to since Return to Karazhan? Or heck, since Warcraft III?

Or is it just because the writers forgot he exists?

Did Khadgar find a book about how to pull a giant sword out of the planet in Karazhan yet? Maybe when this expansion is over we should send somebody over to tell him its already over and he can come back.

I love the guy and his voice actor, but Shadowlands doesn't feel terribly relevant to him and I feel like we should keep the NPCs that we bring with us to a minimum.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I need you to free exactly 4986 souls from the maw. 4985 is inadequate. 4987 is of course absurd.
    That seems oddly specific.

I miss Dadghar myself; he made me chuckle.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Khadgar is boring with a capital B.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    MAIN character? nah

but I would love to see more of him, he had a weirdly fun dialogues
    Perhaps he should just sit at some tower near the Maw, sip beer, and tell endless dad jokes. :P

Besides us and Bolvar, I don't think it's wise for other living characters to come to the Shadowlands. This realm isn't meant for mortals or for the living in general. The veil was broken unnaturally by Sylvanas. It's basically like if a massive Hell portal opened up in real life. Anyone with common sense would not dare go inside. Our characters are the exceptions.

Other characters that are brave or dumb enough to go would either be forced to stay in the afterlife forever or be seduced by the wonders there to stay forever. So unless Khadgar or any other character has a death wish than I suggest they rethink their decision to go there. This isn't like another normal realm where Goblins can go and set up a tourist resort or one where the Alliance/Horde can set up a forward base. This is the afterlife, the real afterlife not the fake ones.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I hope not. Hes decent enough a guy but he doesnt belong in this story, forcing him into it would damage his character. We should take a break from him for a bit
    but removing him doesn't make any sense either
    at least they put illidan as jailer of Sargeras, Khadgar on other hand has zero reason to afk since BFA started in first place
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    but removing him doesn't make any sense either
    at least they put illidan as jailer of Sargeras, Khadgar on other hand has zero reason to afk since BFA started in first place
    I thought he was tied up trying to figure out how to fix the sword?
    Also just because he can help with every fight, doesnt mean he should, I actually expect him to say something about the old gods screwing with reality next patch, but id be happy enough with someone telling him that they will deal with it so he can focus on gorribal.

I really hate the notion that one character needs to be present for every conceivable threat.

screw him, i wanna know where Medivh is and what was more important for him than what happened in legion, bfa and Nzoth, and now it seems like shadowlands mess is not that important to him too
    WHAT is he doing thats more important?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I thought he was tied up trying to figure out how to fix the sword?
    Also just because he can help with every fight, doesnt mean he should, I actually expect him to say something about the old gods screwing with reality next patch, but id be happy enough with someone telling him that they will deal with it so he can focus on gorribal.

I really hate the notion that one character needs to be present for every conceivable threat.
    then u didn't get my point
    I don't talk about 1 character, i talk about every major character should exist in every exp, Khadgar is just one example of many, he should have at least a minor role

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    screw him, i wanna know where Medivh is and what was more important for him than what happened in legion, bfa and Nzoth, and now it seems like shadowlands mess is not that important to him too
    WHAT is he doing thats more important?!
    Medivh doesn't exist since end of wc3 roc, did i miss any rez to him ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power