Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Its funny people think nintendo is some savior that's gonna give gf a talking to for “ruining” their imagine and make them develop better games that the fans really want when i have 2 words for you: federation force
    Problem is, Nintendo likes money. If a company isn't getting them money, why would they keep them around?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Agreed. There is legitimately a lot wrong with these games. Its just that its been such a focal point for so long on one thing. Its really a wonder what Nintendos move is going to be.
    Wipe their tears with the massive amount of money it will still make probably.

15+ Year Old Account
    Problem is, Nintendo likes money. If a company isn't getting them money, why would they keep them around?
    Pokemon is the highest grossing franchise in history.

They don't really have a choice, Game Freak is a partner and co-owner of Pokemon and I doubt they are gonna sell their stake to Nintendo when it's such a lucrative IP lmao.

Oh and Sword/Shield is gonna sell like 14+ mil LTD by time the gen is over(and that's conservative even looking at X/Y sales). The fact you guys think Game Freak is ever gonna hand over the main franchise to another developer is hilarious. They will continue to shovel out low budget Pokemon games that make back their budget hundreds of times over.

Hell for the next gen they will likely revert dexit, call it a new feature and you all will buy it up and make it even more successful when Sword/Shield lmao.

I can't honestly believe people think this game is gonna bomb. It's gonna top the November NPD(CoD launched in Oct so it's only competition is Death Stranding/Star Wars which won't outsell Pokemon), it's gonna top mediacreate in Japan for multiple weeks, it will def top charts in UK to. This ain't gonna lose Nintendo any money lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-14 at 07:58 AM.

Its not exactly what people are talking about. First, people are wanting to catch a pokemon that is 1 - 2 levels higher. you never could go and catch a pokemon high enough to cheese the game. Even if you did get one, it would only listen very rarely.

If you looked into it, you would see the ton of valid complaints. Most of which is better discussed in the pokemon thread.I highly doubt this game will be a success at all. Its missing a lot of features and shows horrible coding everywhere you look. You can't even trade with other players across the world anymore, just putting even more of a highlight to gamefreaks lack of ability this time around.

They have not been having success as a company publishing games recently. The only question is, what is Nintendo doing? If this keeps up, pokemon won't be the system mover that it once was. Its already going to be a hard sell during the next games because of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. There is legitimately a lot wrong with these games. Its just that its been such a focal point for so long on one thing. Its really a wonder what Nintendos move is going to be.
    the fact that you don't think this game will be successful shows high levels of delusion. it is going to make them money hand over fist. there is no world where it doesnt. in a few days you will know how very wrong you were.

Its not exactly what people are talking about. First, people are wanting to catch a pokemon that is 1 - 2 levels higher. you never could go and catch a pokemon high enough to cheese the game. Even if you did get one, it would only listen very rarely.

If you looked into it, you would see the ton of valid complaints. Most of which is better discussed in the pokemon thread.I highly doubt this game will be a success at all. Its missing a lot of features and shows horrible coding everywhere you look. You can't even trade with other players across the world anymore, just putting even more of a highlight to gamefreaks lack of ability this time around.

They have not been having success as a company publishing games recently. The only question is, what is Nintendo doing? If this keeps up, pokemon won't be the system mover that it once was. Its already going to be a hard sell during the next games because of this.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s Pokémon. Parents will get it for their kids without even looking as a Christmas gift. Game Freak could literally take a dump, put a bow on it along with a $60 price tag, name it pokemon and it would sell better than hot cakes.

You’re deluded if you think this isn’t going to sell millions and be a major financial success.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

It will make money and lots of it because pokemon alone is a massive name.

That doesnt mean that interest in the west will go down from another irrelevant title that relies on brand recognition from a once popular TV show. And offers nothing new.

I mean they could literally start making pokemon based off of human excrement and it would still make money in Japan, but you keep shoveling shit people will lose interest in the brand long term.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    It will make money and lots of it because pokemon alone is a massive name.

That doesnt mean that interest in the west will go down from another irrelevant title that relies on brand recognition from a once popular TV show. And offers nothing new.

I mean they could literally start making pokemon based off of human excrement and it would still make money in Japan, but you keep shoveling shit people will lose interest in the brand long term.
    The vast majority give ZERO fuck's about the "issues" the game has. While its a small sample size my tiny store has over 100 reserves between Sword,Shield and the Double pack.

No one is loosing interest, I have people almost daily coming in buying Pokemon Merch/Cards.

The TV show is still popular,The game is going to sell like crazy. I'm doing the midnight release and fully expect at least half of the reserves to show up just tonight.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Must say I got a little urge for pokemon sword&shield not that exited to pay 350$ for the switch to play one or two games though when I got a ps4 pro and a gaming pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps black Friday will have some sweet switch deals.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Must say I got a little urge for pokemon sword&shield not that exited to pay 350$ for the switch to play one or two games though when I got a ps4 pro and a gaming pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps black Friday will have some sweet switch deals.
    They will, but be carefull of the model they are selling.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/black-fri...ch-deals-2019/

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They will, but be carefull of the model they are selling.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/black-fri...ch-deals-2019/
    Nice will keep a eye out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Only if you want the original model with shit battery life and a higher running temp.
    Yeah just started looking, would you say the original or lite version is the best pick? Or is there more versions?

If you’re only going portable and want a deal get the lite. The revision of the original model that came out in August has almost double the battery life and runs cooler, but it’s not part of the black friday bundle.
    Alright thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Alright thanks man.
    Also to add you can get a Switch Lite if you don't care about playing on the TV.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also to add you can get a Switch Lite if you don't care about playing on the TV.
    Well see, i play most games on my couch including pc games atm with those usb extenders so will have to give it a thought thanks though.

- - - Updated - - -

No problem. Just remember the revision box is mostly red while the original has a lot of white. You can see a side by side in that gamesradar article.
    Yeah will keep that in mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    pokemon is pretty good so far and so is the music

Ehhh heh heh

Last edited by Video Games; 2019-11-14 at 08:52 PM.

Got a Switch about a month ago. I'm enjoying Tetris99 but sometimes you simply get too much garbage lines from several players at the same time and there's literally nothing u can do but lose. Highest position so far is #6.
    The NES and SNES games are a nice free addition, does anyone know when more games will be added?
    I also put some money on my Nintendo account, but I have this ridiculous first world problem where I simply cannot choose what game to get next. There's so much to choose from! What's a good game to to play local coop with my GF? She's not a gamer so it should be rather casual.

I just wonder how replayable the post story content is for Sword.

Really considering grabbing a copy tonight, Will give me a reason to play my Switch outside of playing DBD.

The "raid boss" fight thing seems kinda cool

15+ Year Old Account

Ehhhhhh heeee

amazon just told me my pre order might not be here until 11 pm on friday.

the fuck amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    amazon just told me my pre order might not be here until 11 pm on friday.

the fuck amazon.
    You mean like literally every amazon order ever? Hell even when they ship via UPS and I can see via my UPS account a precise 2 hour delivery window their shit still says this.

It's basically there way of saying "don't contact us until the next day if it's not there" to stop fools from spamming them cause it's 4 pm and their shit ain't there yet.