Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I personally find a lot of them hit or miss. Mainly misses, though. I really like Elemental & Resto Shaman + Windwalker & Mistweaver Monk + Holy & Ret Paladin right now.

I can't stand my Warlock right now. It seems like every other expansion since Mists I'm hating my Warlock. Mists and Legion felt great, WoD and BfA not so much. I miss my BC/Wrath Lock though. Feels that way for the majority of classes right now.

There's a couple of things I'd like to see reworked, I suppose. Mainly Sub Rogue. I'd really just like to go back to the days of playing your class and not just a spec, like OP, which Shadowlands seems to be attempting to do. We'll see.

Regarding a talent tree revamp, I don't know. I wish they could figure out a cool way to make a mix of the Pre Mop and Post Mop talent trees, and have them be for your class instead of your spec.

(sorry this post is a mess.)

TL;DR They're hit or miss for me. Mainly misses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth View Post
    Depends on spec. I enjoy demonology warlock and believe BFA demonology is the best iteration ever. However destro lock is absolutely garbage since WoD

Personally I don't like how many skills feel like fillers you have to press just for sake pressing something. It is especially bad with builder specs where your skills hits like wet noodles until you push your spender.
    Just really curious about this, you prefer bfa to mop demonology? I still play retail sometimes, it has a lot of problems but i dont totally hate it, but have yet to hear of someone who preferred lock's bfa design to mop. Its subjective i know, I'm just curious.

From what I played so far this expansion (content: primarily M+ 10-24s, some raids/WQs here and there):

what is fun to me:

- fire mage
    - frost mage orb build
    - arcane AE build
    - arms warrior seismic wave AE build
    - prot warrior
    - brewmaster monks
    - outlaw rogue
    - assassination rogue
    - shadow priest
    - demo locks

what is rather boring for me:

- BM hunter
    - fury warrior
    - havoc dh
    - affliction warlocks
    - destro warlocks
    - prot pala
    - windwalker monks
    - mistweaver monks

I personally enjoy Ele Shaman because it feels a bit more involved than most casters.

The ideal spec has you weave your spells around Lava Burst casts to empower lightning bolt, earth shock or frost shock with Ice Fury adding pace to the rotation by needing to consume charges(ideally empowered by Lava Burst) within a tight timeframe that competes against other priorities like empowered Earth shock and avoiding Maelstrom caps. Lava Burst having procs also helps keep the rotation dynamic by adding some randomness to the order of skills and overall Ele plays kind of like a Hit Combo windwalker in caster form.

Similarly I enjoyed Boomkin, because of juggling of Astral Power caps, Solar/Lunar empowerment caps, watching for opposite empowerment procs and having a mix of dot and direct damage styles. Like a mage+warlock mix. It feels involved and has room for execution mastery.

Then you have specs like Fury or Havoc, that has just button mashers and incredibly simplistic to play. But they are still satisfying because they flow well and are easy to pickup and play.

Feral has always been considered one of the most "difficult" specs to play and Legion's version of Survival was quite similar in that regard. WoD windwalker was also up there. But none of these specs were ever popular and only ever played when they were heavily overtuned, forcing people to play something they didn't like because of pure output.

The game needs to have a scale of spec difficulty, involvement and micromanagement. Not every spec needs to be pre-Legion Feral level of plate-spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm trying to sort this out. I personally thought classes felt awful in BFA.
    This kind of topics could be simplified if the OP would simply say what class he/she is playing.

People choose the most "fun" class to play (read: EASY to play, slightly overpowered) and are shocked (SHOCKED!) that easy is often just boring.
    -

If the GCD change didn't happen, more would play better. Saying that, Havoc DH, Frost DK, Arcane Mage, Survival Hunter, Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Shadow Priest, Outlaw Rogue are all specs/classes I really enjoy in BfA.

Havoc DH is amazing.

At Blizzcon we got no major announcement regarding reworking of classes, and it seems like a lot of people congratulated Blizzard on that....so does that mean people are happy with the classes in their current iteration with some old abilities thrown back on top?

After all, if they were to do a major talent revamp - which would be required in order to make classes feel more like classes and less like specs - wouldn't that be a "revamp" that these same people are congratulating Blizzard for NOT announcing?

I don't really understand how they take focus away from specs if they don't completely shake up talents, but no one seems to want a rework?
    I really enjoy Havoc/Veng DH and Resto Druid, but my Resto Shaman and particularly my Prot Pally feel pretty awful to play. Just kinda boring, my Pally is my most played character and I still miss how they worked in Mists, particularly in Siege (although that may be 'cause they were somewhat OP), WoD wasn't bad but still less fun.

I don't think a rework is needed, w.r.t Prot Pally just take my CDs off the GCD and give me one more rotational button to press and I'll be more than happy (and make Haste better, I wanna stack it dammit Blizz). Idk how I'd fix Resto Shaman, I just find the gameplay a bit stale/static.

At Blizzcon we got no major announcement regarding reworking of classes, and it seems like a lot of people congratulated Blizzard on that....so does that mean people are happy with the classes in their current iteration with some old abilities thrown back on top?

After all, if they were to do a major talent revamp - which would be required in order to make classes feel more like classes and less like specs - wouldn't that be a "revamp" that these same people are congratulating Blizzard for NOT announcing?

I don't really understand how they take focus away from specs if they don't completely shake up talents, but no one seems to want a rework?
    All my classes are doing fantastic right now.

i member Cataclysm rotations being much much worse
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Eh. There's a GREAT example of 2 specs that were somewhat unique, but then got changed to basically be copies of how all other specs play - Elemental and Enhancement Shaman.

In WoD, Enhancement Shaman was entirely CD-based management - No resources. No builder. No spender. Just pushing buttons as they came up. It overall feel was FANTASTIC! But then they turned it into a copy of Fury warriors in Legion.

Elemental was proc-based in WoD. You push the buttons as they light up. And now they play like a immobile hunter. Terrible.

The worst part is that there are now NO playstyles that focus solely on those 2 things nowaday. Now everybody has resources, everybody has filler, and everybody has spender, except Mages. It's !@#$ed up.
    Builders and spenders are just a more complex way of making a cooldown. There are valid complaints. Then there is that complaint.

I like the specs that I play, namely: Blood, Outlaw, Windwalker, Feral, Survival and Demonology.

Are they perfect? No but I do still enjoy playing those specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I like 2/3 of my pally a lot I’d only change Mabye two or so things to holy to make it perfect. Prot needs a little more work but it feels the best it’s been since wrath. Ret on the other hand is dead to me till holy power is gone.

My hunter is solid all around Mm feels really good sv is id say the best melee spec at the moment and bm its always been.
    A question? What is so bad with Holy Power? Is it to slow or is it "just boring"? I Main a Holy Paladin and i dabble in Retri and with Legion and BFA i have loved the Retri spec while before i really didnt like it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Just really curious about this, you prefer bfa to mop demonology? I still play retail sometimes, it has a lot of problems but i dont totally hate it, but have yet to hear of someone who preferred lock's bfa design to mop. Its subjective i know, I'm just curious.
    Honestly I can't tell for sure. MoP was only expansion I missed because I didn't like it. I have play only few free days I had and I played as destro.
    Thought i got to agree I was really impressed from demo videos back than and I saw my friend to play it. However I was never big fan of demon form for warlocks.

I love Fury, I have fun playing it. If my friends want to clear HC to gear an alt I like to help with my warrior, no problem at all, because I'm having a lot of fun playing it.

I don't know about other specs tho, maybe holy paladin, I liked it more in legion, it all got fucked up for me when they took away that talent from the last row that applied mastery also to the one who had the beacon.

But, I liked holy way more in cata than in any other expansion, that's for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Having fun as Holy Paladin. They can actually do damage enough to do content on their own too, and put up a challenge to some dps classes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not play all classes or speccs, but the ones i do play i do enjoy entirely.

If i wouldnt enjoy a spec or class i see no point in playing the game. Since it is the main thing you have to operate with in able to actually play the game.

What is fun to me:
    Fury Warrior
    Arms Warrior
    Shadow Priest
    Holy Priest
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Frost Mage
    Fire Mage (loved it ever since Legion)
    Retribution Paladin
    Holy Paladin
    Destruction Warlock
    Balance Druid
    Restoration Druid
    Mistweaver Monk
    Windwalker Monk

My main is a Monk but after playing other classes recently I've come to question my choice, since Monks have always had a bit of a messy identity and ever since other specs had their spells and animations updated, Monk looks boring. Windwalker also had mobility nerfs while DH's ridiculous mobility was left completely untouched. Rogues and DHs are basically Windwalkers but better. WW just has a 5% melee debuff. Not to forget the artifact ability that I miss dearly.

As for Mistweaver, it's always been in an odd spot in that when Blizzard tries to fix the spec's problems it replaces them with other issues. It's also a lot more complicated than say a Holy Paladin yet doesn't give the higher reward of more healing. People are having a laugh if they say healers are balanced because they're nowhere near. I still main my Monk because I'm masochistic, sunk cost... all that.

What isn't fun to me:
    All 3 Hunter specs. They really lost a lot of their flavour ever since MoP when pruning began.

Combat Rogue. I really don't know why but it just feels so ridiculously overloaded and fast paced that I'm constantly button mashing. I can attribute that to me not really reading up on rotations etc but it still feels super heavy. Plus roll the bones is so clunky and temperamental. Who loves some good ol' RNG?

The rest I haven't mentioned I don't play/haven't played enough to warrant an opinion.

No. I hate that every single class has CC and shared abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Unpruning isn't a major announcement?

Most specs feel good to me.

Is there room for improvement? Yes. But they don't feel bad whatsoever.

I mean you brought up 3 specs all feeling the same. What do you expect from a DPS spec? They all inheritintly boil down to the following.

Builder/Spender
    Resource management
    Push whatever is available

To me that sounds more like you having an issue with DPS specs than specs in general.
    Dps specs being dps, healers being healers and tanks being tanks is fine.
    But where’s the flavor that seperates them? Where’s the tools that makes your class shine? What fantasy aspect do you fill?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I play a lot of alts, most notably this expansion Balance/Resto druid, Prot/Holy paladin, MW/WW monk, Enhance/Resto shaman, Shadow priest and Destro warlock.

Out of all of those, the only one I am not particularly happy with is Enhancement, the rotation is an annoying mess that certainly had better iterations in the past in my opinion, but that is 1 specialization out of 10 that I play somewhat actively.

I get that BFA can be seen as a terrible expansion class design-wise if you main character feels off, if you're raiding etc. but to me most of the specializations I play feel very organic and satisfying to play. Class design is so incredibly subjective.