Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Yet somehow thousands of other studios manage to deliver good quality products every month. Rockstar has no excuse here, be real.
    Tell me again how problems with Nvidia drivers is somehow Rockstars fault, Nvidia released game ready drivers that were guess what.. not game ready. Rockstar have rolled out numerous fixes for their launcher so future patches will be from working with Nvidia to get people playing.

Again people are dismissing the facts and saying there is no excuse. I'll leave this conversation now as again everyone it seems acts like the sun shines out your backsides and the world is perfect.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-11-13 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    apart from a select few genres of games on PC the gaming scene is for the most part dead and has been for a while.
    ...come again?

Tell me again how problems with Nvidia drivers is somehow Rockstars fault, Nvidia released game ready drivers that were guess what.. not game ready.
    It's both.

That's why they're rolling out fixes now.

That's why they're working with Nvidia to roll out more fixes later.

Remember, they rolled out a pre-release driver update for the game on November 4, which usually happens with the Nvidia team working with the developers. It's not 100% Rockstar's fault, but Rockstar absolutely shoulders plenty of the blame.

More like a realistic person. Everyone should know that making a PC game functional is far harder than creating a game for console which all have the exact same hardware for ~10 year cycles.

Rockstar has even commented today that they came across unforeseen issues caused by Nvidia graphic drivers (out of their hands), Nvidia GPUs and some processors (some of which could be driver / firmware related again out of their hands) which my earlier posts commented on.

There is a huge multitude of components that come into play with PC gaming but clearly by the public's outroar Rockstar should of tested every possible variable on the market between thousands of products and thousands of combinations, be real. Problem with people today is they act impatient and privileged.

They are not ignoring the issue and are working with Nvidia to fix the issues, if you think it's as easy as people think it clearly is you should try to become a game developer yourself.
    That's always the go-to comeback for people who like to make excuses. 'Why don't you try to do ____' it's a shitty excuse. I'm not a developer but at the same time I didn't go to school for that. My job isn't to be a dev. My job isn't to make sure things like drivers are compatible with my game. That's on Rockstar who are one one the most wealthy video game companies out there. My apologies that I expect them to have the time and resources to get things done. A few minor bugs are acceptable completely being unable to play the game isn't. Anyway, I think this thread has been necroed enough and it's clear I'm not going to get anywhere with you on this.

From what I've seen you really don't know what you're talking about yourself, certainly with that 'pc is dead' comment.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    As for RDR2, I don't expect it to sell well on PC, not when the console version has been out for a year. Plus, with this whole buggy launch, I really can't see sales going in their favor. It's Batman all over again.
    Tell that to GTAV..

Which released what, 2-3 years later on PC than on consoles originally? And a couple months after "next gen" consoles?

15+ Year Old Account
    Another nvidia driver update yesterday, gonna have to test and see if the giant freeze spikes are gone now. Absolute shitshow of a port so far, really disappointing. The game seems great but quickly loses appeal when your gaming rig occasionally freezes for up to 10 seconds even on the lowest of low settings of a console port.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Another nvidia driver update yesterday, gonna have to test and see if the giant freeze spikes are gone now. Absolute shitshow of a port so far, really disappointing. The game seems great but quickly loses appeal when your gaming rig occasionally freezes for up to 10 seconds even on the lowest of low settings of a console port.
    What CPU do you have?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Tell that to GTAV..

Which released what, 2-3 years later on PC than on consoles originally? And a couple months after "next gen" consoles?
    Yeah don't get his comment, I was expecting a longer wait for it to come to PC. The game is also far better on PC. I'm one of the lucky ones that have had zero issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Yeah don't get his comment, I was expecting a longer wait for it to come to PC. The game is also far better on PC. I'm one of the lucky ones that have had zero issues.
    Yea, I don't get it either. The only problem GTAV had was it didn't work on dual core CPU's until a patch later. Then again, why are people using dual core CPU's?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Yea, I don't get it either. The only problem GTAV had was it didn't work on dual core CPU's until a patch later. Then again, why are people using dual core CPU's?
    Think it was 2015 GTAV came out on PC? Probably still common for people to have dual core then.

With RDR2, the thing that stuck out to me when people were posting their specs, was that they all had i5. Can't fault people for having an i5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think it was 2015 GTAV came out on PC? Probably still common for people to have dual core then.

With RDR2, the thing that stuck out to me when people were posting their specs, was that they all had i5. Can't fault people for having an i5.
    From what I know it's 4-6 thread CPUs with decent clocks that are problematic

Well, I'm running at 5ghz (8700k) and don't crash nearly as often as many other players. They still haven't fixed the mouse bug, by the way.

Sigh...
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, has anyone tried streaming the game on PC (and/or heard anything about issues?). The game is actually running fine for me locally but on stream it's just completely frozen for 10-15 seconds at a time, and then it will skip ahead. My computer is decent, I've tried two different streaming programs, and I've never had an issue streaming any other game. My cam and audio will be fine but the game itself is just frozen perpetually. Normally I'd say it's a stream issue but since it's only happening with rdr2 I feel like maybe it's something with the game itself that just doesn't work well in this capacity?

Anyway, a bit of a tangent but I wonder if anyone else had heard/seen/experienced anything similar.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Well, I'm running at 5ghz (8700k) and don't crash nearly as often as many other players. They still haven't fixed the mouse bug, by the way.

Sigh...
    Mouse bug as in the menus?

I just default use keyboard for that now lol.

Only time I've crashed is when I alt tab too much, never from playing the game.

Tell me again how problems with Nvidia drivers is somehow Rockstars fault, Nvidia released game ready drivers that were guess what.. not game ready. Rockstar have rolled out numerous fixes for their launcher so future patches will be from working with Nvidia to get people playing.

Again people are dismissing the facts and saying there is no excuse. I'll leave this conversation now as again everyone it seems acts like the sun shines out your backsides and the world is perfect.
    GTAV released with a PC port so polished that notoriously hard to please people like Totalbiscuit praised it. I see no reason for RDR2 to release in such a state beyond lack of effort on Rockstar's part, and am glad I decided to wait this one out. I'll play the original on PS Now instead.

10+ Year Old Account

That's when people were probably getting i3's or Pentiums. They made a mistake in my opinion. The i5's shouldn't be an issue considering how many people have them.

Goes to show that RockStar did like zero testing before they released the game. Some intern probably tested it on his rig and said everything was fine, and RockStar went with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Only issues I've had was two crashes and one more annoying bug where you can't place a new camp.

But other than that I've been chilling in Online, it's pretty fun and the rope gameplay is definitely funny as hell.
    Wish they would make leveling a bit faster though

Red dead redemption or Witcher 3 which is worth trying?

Mouse bug as in the menus?

I just default use keyboard for that now lol.

Only time I've crashed is when I alt tab too much, never from playing the game.
    Nah, the bug that doesn't hide your mouse while you're playing. The only work-around is turning mouse trails on in Windows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker091999 View Post
    Personally, I think the witcher 3 is over rated garbage. RDR2 is actually quite decent.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-11-16 at 11:32 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker091999 View Post
    i dont like witcher 3 at all. I hate the linear quest style. you either out level your main quest or every side quest. you run around at level 15 in the game and go to a new city, where your main quest take you, and an NPC talks to you just to give you a level 5 quest. like wtf?

Nothing beats Skyrim. Everything scales there

10+ Year Old Account
    Is your reticle supposed to be independent of the cursor? I am not sure if this is a bad design choice or a bug but I hate it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |