Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I guess it gives Sargeras a good reason to call Azeroth for another x-rated game night.
    He forgot to pull back his toy last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Random reach: Azeroth is going to come to life at some point and pull the sword out of herself and wreck shit. She'll stab through reality and pierce he voidlords in a most magnificent deus ex machina.
    I would love for this to happen and then you cut to everyone floating in the void of space, dead, from having the planet vanish from under them.

Surely a sword of that size would have to affect the orbit of the planet, im sure it will dissapear suddenly when blizzard things we forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Ok, so far we have Sylvanas Sue kicking Bolvar's ass, Baine preparing to get married to the boiking, Calia giving soothing speeches to those poor bonebags, with Tyrande and Malfie being MIA, as is Aszhara. Tentacle Boi is selling some pretty potent psychedelic !@#$ that makes you see eldritch horrors while covering the sky in a purple hue.

Which is par for the course, I guess... But what about that lil' sword in Silithus? Yes, the very toothpick that started the whole Azerite mess and has gravely, if not fatally, hurt the planet. It looks like everyone in Azeroth has forgotten about it, except Magni and maybe Hamuul. Is that kamehameha that kills/banishes N'zoth supposed to take care of Sargie's sword as well, or something? Or will it just go unnoticed by the general story, in true Blizzard fashion?

Does anyone know something about it? What do you think it's going to happen?
    Wasn't it dealt with in the BFA prepatch when we drained our artifacts?

Here it is

To be fair Magni does say at the end they need to find a way to fully heal the wound, but I guess they'll just pull that out of their hat when it fits the story they wanna tell. Maybe after Shadowlands.
    Last edited by How dare you; 2019-11-14 at 12:54 PM.

Didn't we kind of like purge or heal all the corruption by draining our artifacts? At this point the damage is done but the corruption has been stopped. Removing the sword would likely not really do anything but leave a big hole.

Random reach: Azeroth is going to come to life at some point and pull the sword out of herself and wreck shit. She'll stab through reality and pierce he voidlords in a most magnificent deus ex machina.
    He wasn't stabbing her, he was giving her the weapon she needs to fight the Void Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It will likely be left there as a plot device in the future, like Bolvar was from WotLK to Shadowlands.
    Sylvanas 1v1s the sword at the end of Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I would love for this to happen and then you cut to everyone floating in the void of space, dead, from having the planet vanish from under them.
    Well, when Argus was manifested the planet itself didn't disappear or physically change into him but... Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    He wasn't stabbing her, he was giving her the weapon she needs to fight the Void Lords.
    Big brain Blizzard thinking 5 expansions ahead.

Ji Firepaw should use explosives to blow it out of there......
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when Argus was manifested the planet itself didn't disappear or physically change into him but... Yes.
    Did you see Argus? It seemed pretty damaged to me. His soul was literally ripped out of it. We didn't fight the physical Titan, but the manifestation that Sargeras had enslaved to spawn his demons.

The sword was just a MacGuffin to get rid of all the artifact weapons (RIP lore weapons like Ashbringer, Frostmourne, Doomhammer etc.) + give us shitty new gear with procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Forgotten in all of Blizz flailing around trying to find a theme for BfA. Is it MoP 2.0? Is it N'zoth? Is it Azshara? Is it Adventures in Non-toxic Masculinity? Is it setting up the complete and utter defilement of everything even remotely related to death? Who knows! The clumsiness of the writing would make the proverbial china shop bull look like a ballerina.
    Nice.

7.3.5 => artifact weapons retirement event that purifie the big ass sword, and stabilize the wound.
    8.3.5 => heart of azeroth retirement event that zap the sword away and heal the wound for good ?

7+ Year Old Account
    pity how we didn't get that sword as transmog.

The heart of Azeroth was always supposedly healing Azeroth. By the end we may have some story wrapping it up or just consider the healing is done. The actual sword shouldn't be an issue anymore, it's just there.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Ji Firepaw should use explosives to blow it out of there......
    I guess everyone and their grandma would have to reroll priest/druid then, the whole thing might get really messy
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Oh yeah...a shame. I always liked the idea that we'd have an encounter where we had to lobotomise Azeroth or something to stop it from 'hatching' and kiling everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    The heart of Azeroth was always supposedly healing Azeroth. By the end we may have some story wrapping it up or just consider the healing is done. The actual sword shouldn't be an issue anymore, it's just there.
    It could just heal up around the swor

Don't use that term again in your title.

I don't want Blizzard to get any more lazy AR ideas.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    It kind of vanished into the realm of the sword being a macguffin to remove our artifacts. I really don't know if Blizz dropped the urgency around it or anything but it does seem that as an extension of Sargeras or at least his power that it would be a bad idea to leave it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    Lul our artifacts healed the wound and all is good
    But, it didn't...

All they did was cleanse the corruption from Sargeras' Blade. The wound still exists...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Did you see Argus? It seemed pretty damaged to me. His soul was literally ripped out of it. We didn't fight the physical Titan, but the manifestation that Sargeras had enslaved to spawn his demons.
    What are you talking about? We fought the Physical Titan Argus himself. He was just premature when we fought him.

- - - Updated - - -

I still hate the fact that we solo N'zoth. But, whatever...

Well, I already can hear the bad jokes people would make about the shape of the "swordless wound" and the gender of Azeroth..

I'll show myself out, sorry about that..

Quote Originally Posted by Syrah-the-Old-One View Post
    Well, I already can hear the bad jokes people would make about the shape of the "swordless wound" and the gender of Azeroth..

I'll show myself out, sorry about that..
    How exactly have you managed to stay "in" for all these years?