Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazozourus View Post
    Simple reason. Vindicaar doesn't belong to the Alliance. It's a Naaru ship commanded by Velen. It's like saying - why BE don't use the Tempest Keep and bomb us.
    The Draenei are part of the Alliance last I checked. These fucking cowards can go back where they came from. Nelves granted them help and shelter, what did they give back? Nothing!

What baffled me is, the Vindicaar doesnt show up during Lordaeron but a flying arcane powered ghost ship does, and basically did what the Vindicaar most likely would have done.

If the Vindicaar had been there aswell as Daelins Flagship, then Sylvanas airship woulda been shot outta the sky and everyone would have ended this now.

Because T-Pain told his bottom b#%$@, Jaina, to let him use it for the video of his next hit, "I'm on a Space Boat feat. T-swizzle".

Maybe the weapon matrix burned out blasting its way through the door to Kin-garoth.

From a story perspective it makes sense to keep a mega death laser out of the story but it would be nice if they touched on why its not there ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Maybe the weapon matrix burned out blasting its way through the door to Kin-garoth.

From a story perspective it makes sense to keep a mega death laser out of the story but it would be nice if they touched on why its not there ingame.
    That, Sargeras in the cutscene or it just running errants to the now disconnected places in the cosmos to rescue stragglers would have sufficed. All they needed was a little line of dialog when talking to velen. Instead you have teleporter platform in stormwind that suggests you can just beam up there and visit "home" whenever you like.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    - Well sylvanas used it. Problem most of the other horde races don't really like blight either, kind of a hard sell.
    eh, its not like she cared much what other races like... and im pretty sure if she blighted places like elwyn forest and stormwind (alliance teritories far from horde teritories) it would lead the war to end with horde victorious, which not many would object, and even if they did they would be completely overheard bcs of the victory cries of sheep-like soldiers, as nothing makes horde warchief more popular than wining against alliance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Last one is actually very valid. The existance of magic would alter combat way more than most writers are capable of grasping. Villy-nilly teleporting around the place should be a big NO in your fantasy setting and only work under certain circumstances, otherwise you just create plotholes like here.
    yeah, portals in warcraft always seems rather inconsistent to me lorewise, i see no problem in bombing targets via portals - it would only take seconds needed to get bomb through, and you could make the portal on shorter distance - yet sfor some reason they are never used that way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    Okay so why can't the alliance use the vindicaar to space destroy the horde? At that destroy the Banshee Queen from space. We have a space ship so use it! If we used it the horde would be like we sorry bro.
    Most likely due to the leadership and advice of Velen and the Lightforged leader to not use it as it would upset the balance? All it takes it for more sides to use superweapons and the war would be a mess.

Yes, blight was used, Arcane Enhanced Battleship was used but if the Vindicaar came into play, then I have a feeling that a certain cannon would as well be utilized.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

its the Captain Marvel syndrome, its too overpowered for the current story context so it has to be left out of the story to not make everything a lopsided snoozefest

Given the horde dropped an essential nuke on theramore, my guess would be; the alliance won't fall that low / repeat history's mistakes
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Because it should never had existed in the first place. And the lore has still to recover from the bullshit tbc.

Do not forget, the Alliance got the Vindicaar AND Dalaran. the horde can't even match those two power house. But both of those are ruled by idealistic neutral peace mongering lore figure

7+ Year Old Account
    Simple reason. Vindicaar doesn't belong to the Alliance. It's a Naaru ship commanded by Velen. It's like saying - why BE don't use the Tempest Keep and bomb us.
    The Vindicaar was built by the Draenei.

It's not a Naaru ship.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The Vindicaar was built by the Draenei.

It's not a Naaru ship.
    It was build from pieces of the Naaru. I assumed that this means that it's belong to the Naaru collective. Naaru even when dismemberment is still a sentient being.

Blizz should've thrown a "depleted power crystals" explanation in there. Blademaster Telaamon sacrificed himself for the assault on Dazar'Alor to succeed, when he could've just steered Vindicaar nearby and have us a good ol' orbital bombardment.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

...bomb the queen and call it a day
    I giggled!

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so why can't the alliance use the vindicaar to space destroy the horde? At that destroy the Banshee Queen from space. We have a space ship so use it! If we used it the horde would be like we sorry bro.
    Oh look, we haven't seen this topic before.

/s

- - - Updated - - -

It was build from pieces of the Naaru. I assumed that this means that it's belong to the Naaru collective. Naaru even when dismemberment is still a sentient being.
    No, it was already built when X'era got blasted to bits. All they did with her pieces was make that silly forge that ultimately stopped working.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The point of the post is, Blizzard writes itself into corners all the time which produces gaping plot holes due to bad story crafting.

Because it would at best only break the roof.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Do not forget, the Alliance got the Vindicaar AND Dalaran. the horde can't even match those two power house. But both of those are ruled by idealistic neutral peace mongering lore figure
    Dalaran is neutral.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because it would give the Writers free rein to come up with some excuse why Sylvanas can now just destroy it. I mean did you really want to see what happened to Bolvar happen to the Vindicaar over Orgrimmar only for Anduin to wax poetic about how they were now truly out numbered, Saurfang to challenge Mak'gora and have what happened still happen?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    they only got the vindicaar, Dalaran is still focused as neutral because Khadgar kicked Jaina out early legion.