Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For all the epeen players.....u will prolly get another achievement for it!!
    "When 120 was a thing" reward : title "I used to be 120"

Also the conversion rate is in for all existing characters, however everything u will level after that will be so much shorter to hit maxlevel!
    I am happy with the squish tbh, because i dont like to level every character 120 lvls.
    Get in my Belly!

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    you and I know the ONLY reason for the squish to the magic number of 60 is classic.
    Source... otherwise you're making shit up. It makes sense, but to say it's literally the ONLY reason is ridiculous.

there is NOTHING daunting about a level number, thats just blizzards strawman argument.
    According to who? You? You don't speak for everyone. And as someone who has played every expansion since WoW launched, that number IS daunting even to me. Starting a new character at level 1, or even an Allied Race at level 20 and having to gain 99 or 119 levels to get to max is a LOT of leveling. New players have no idea how long it takes to get those levels, unlike veteran players, so it feels even more daunting to them.

Wrong the first stat squish was because of the 32bit client. thats the only reason they did the first one
    I never said it wasn't that, I just said that the stat squish happened at level 100. I'm aware of the reason behind it, was just illustrating where in the level structure it occurred.

there is also NO reason to not squish us back to 50 after each xpac.
    There's also no real reason TO do that, except to make things more difficult for themselves, having to rebalance everything every expansion

so core that blizzard doesnt care about them and makes them even more useless in SL by #1 reducing them and #2 make them go so fast that leveling doesnt matter anymore
    Uh...not sure if you noticed, but levels are still a thing in Shadowlands. As I said, relative power associated with a number and gaining power as the number gets bigger is what makes leveling a core part of an RPG...that's still happening.

its a rpg core mechanic also to RISE in power - we dont.
    This is a fair criticism while leveling, it is true at max level though.

this doesnt make sense either the number is important or it aint. and YES it IS changing. 60 aint 130
    The number itself doesn't matter, what matters is that power scales up as the number gets bigger.

yes downplay the facts all you like but the games you mentioned failed HARD compared to wow and you know it (even if you dont wanna aknowledge it!)
    There is a very profound difference between failing hard and simply not performing as well. Anyone saying GW2 and ESO failed at all, let alone failed HARD, are idiots.

if its just a number then why change it? oh the hypocrits are at it again
    The reason they've given is that new players are intimidated by it. Whether you chose to believe that or not is your business.

so you mean like leveling will be in Shadowlands is bad, eh? so why do we need a sqish again (hint: we dont!)
    You don't know how the leveling will be in Shadowlands.

we dont gain anything past 100 anymore and oh wonder we dont gain anything new in sl either.
    We do gain something new in Shadowlands according to the announcements though, the Covenant powers. I can't say if they'll be good or not, but we DO get something.

could u stay on topic please???
    The analogy was relevant to the topic. It's not the users fault you can't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coramen View Post
    I can't say I agree with that. I still have all of my gear, titles, transmog
    Yeah, but... if you make a new char you still have most of those. It's only achis that are linked to your name (though they are sort of account wide) and actual gear you keep in your bank. So basically, since classes and numbers change every expansion, it's like getting a completely new char. I've never been into number resets exactly for this reason. I can understand why squishes are done, but it doesn't mean I like it. Number squishing every two expansions was getting just as annoying - to be perfectly fair I don't even know what damage a dps should do on average, since numbers change so much. And don't get me started on our stats getting lower every expansion start...

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    you realize any fucking baby can log on and get 120. you're level, your gear, your "progress" means nothing in retail wow
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    According to who? You? You don't speak for everyone. And as someone who has played every expansion since WoW launched, that number IS daunting even to me.
    then there is something wrong with you...none of my EU people has a problem with level 130....

Starting a new character at level 1, or even an Allied Race at level 20 and having to gain 99 or 119 levels to get to max is a LOT of leveling. New players have no idea how long it takes to get those levels, unlike veteran players, so it feels even more daunting to them.
    here comes the "new player"-straw argument which is 100% wrong. there is no new player who just grabs wow and has no one who plays the game so he grabs the boost and levels in the latest xpac with his friend(s). and after that they level alts with friends.

Uh...not sure if you noticed, but levels are still a thing in Shadowlands. As I said, relative power associated with a number and gaining power as the number gets bigger is what makes leveling a core part of an RPG...that's still happening.
    yes until sl is over and we get squished again so people can level 11-50 in sl.

The number itself doesn't matter, what matters is that power scales up as the number gets bigger.
    as a core mechanic of a rpg it DOES matter. otherwise levels wouldnt be there in the first place

There is a very profound difference between failing hard and simply not performing as well. Anyone saying GW2 and ESO failed at all, let alone failed HARD, are idiots.
    reported.

You don't know how the leveling will be in Shadowlands.
    ACTUALLY we DO KNOW that its 70% faster then now cause BLIZZARD themself said so....

We do gain something new in Shadowlands according to the announcements though, the Covenant powers. I can't say if they'll be good or not, but we DO get something.
    yes and after sl we lose it again, just like artefacts so they dont count as a permanent gain like the spells and talent we got pre 100.

The analogy was relevant to the topic. It's not the users fault you can't understand it.
    comparing euros to levels is like comparing you to a pineapple. not my fault you cant see the difference :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    No progress is being lost. If this makes levels more meaningful, then it's absolutely welcomed.

OP is dOPey
    Your opinion. Not fact. The OP and I disagree and we are not dopey for having that opinion.

It's really not. Why do people keep parroting this point? Having the level cap be so high makes levels feel meaningless and arbitrary.

[SNIP]

comparing euros to levels is like comparing you to a pineapple. not my fault you cant see the difference :-D
    Reported and ignored, you're not worth the time.

gnugnugnu, whatevahappensIkomplain

Its just figures, who cares, its relative and meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    It is literally a number. It doesn't represent the size of anything.
    Careful with that sentence now

Reported and ignored, you're not worth the time.
    You throw out insults, but soon as you recieve what you feel is the same, you ignore the person because now, all of the sudden, they aren't worth your time?

Why were they worth your time when the insults were coming from only you?

Imagine thinking a level squish impinges on your character's progression literally at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Your opinion. Not fact. The OP and I disagree and we are not dopey for having that opinion.
    My opinion? Ya don't say. He's a dope for his reaction "just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless."

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It is a fact that crying about "losing" something when nothing is being lost is dopey. The only way you can see a level squish as a bad thing is if your grade 3 teacher failed to make you understand what a ratio is.

I can't get over the fact that squishing level numbers = Your progress is meaningless, but at the same time damage squish is fine according to OP. If the number of your levels makes your progress meaning, so should the fact you go from doing 2M DPS to 20k :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You throw out insults, but soon as you recieve what you feel is the same, you ignore the person because now, all of the sudden, they aren't worth your time?

Why were they worth your time when the insults were coming from only you?
    I made a statement saying that anyone who believes X is an idiot. The person put themselves in that category and took it as an insult, I never insulted them personally.

What they did was clearly a personal insult to me specifically.

None of the responses they provided were worth it to me to respond to. I felt they were worth it previously. The conversation was going nowhere so I was going to end it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Just stop playing "retail" like everyone else?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

you and I know the ONLY reason for the squish to the magic number of 60 is classic.
    there is NOTHING daunting about a level number, thats just blizzards strawman argument.
    It has everything to do with a level number.

New player:

Start at level 1 and go to level 120.
    Start at level 1 and go to level 60.

Which one of those do you think a new player would more likely choose? Which one of those do you think somebody who played a few years ago and is returning to play would likely choose?

It has everything to do with the level number.

Hell, I love playing alts but haven't bothered to level a new one from level 1 because I can't be bothered to get to 90, let alone 120.
    Last edited by Bhanzai; 2019-11-14 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    This has to be a troll thread. You're saying that reducing a number which has no actual measurable effect on your power is "wiping all the character progression," but that you would've preferred a stat squish, I.E. an actual measurable reduction in your power.

Also, people who say that everything a company does that they don't like is a "slap in the face" shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I made a statement saying that anyone who believes X is an idiot. The person put themselves in that category and took it as an insult, I never insulted them personally.

What they did was clearly a personal insult to me specifically.

None of the responses they provided were worth it to me to respond to. I felt they were worth it previously. The conversation was going nowhere so I was going to end it anyway.
    It was an insult no matter how much you try to spin it. Nice hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    This has to be a troll thread. You're saying that reducing a number which has no actual measurable effect on your power is "wiping all the character progression," but that you would've preferred a stat squish, I.E. an actual measurable reduction in your power.

Also, people who say that everything a company does that they don't like is a "slap in the face" shouldn't be allowed to vote.
    It's not about power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    It's really not. Why do people keep parroting this point? Having the level cap be so high makes levels feel meaningless and arbitrary.
    Yoru opinion. Many of us disagree with you.