Poll: I will buy the

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't particularly like the way those look (either the knockoff brand or the real ones), but if those were my only two choices, I'd 100% go with the knockoff brand. No way in hell I'm paying anywhere near $700 for a pair of shoes.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. You spend your money how you want. But that's definitely not me. iirc, the most expensive pair of shoes I've ever owned came out to something like $90 (I went for some more durable ones because I worked in a restaurant kitchen at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    We used to know people who brought back fake knock-off brans from Asia all the time: Gorgio Armani, etc.

They were basically exactly the same thing. You couldn't tell the difference between the original and the knock-offs. Same fabrics, same texture, everything. The only difference was about a few thousand dollars per item...
    Theyre not the same. Different material. Crafted differently. The Gucci logo on the knock off doesn’t match the look of the logo at all. The back textures of the shoe are off colored a bit. The fabrics on the side are red and black instead of red and green or red and dark navy blue. As someone who is familiar with Gucci, I can point out so much from a knock and the authentic one. Why not work for a shoe and feel accomplished for having something nice?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Care so little for brands.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    That's a men's shoe? HAHAHAHAHA! They're awful.

But, for argument's sake, lets pretend I'm a man and like their looks. I would still buy neither. The Gucci ones are ridiculously overpriced, so I wouldn't buy them, but I also don't buy fake. Fake just screams 'I'm too poor to buy the real thing'. I'd buy something else entirely.
    The authentic one is also unisex that’s just from the men’s category of the website.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Why not work for a shoe and feel accomplished for having something nice?
    Because they’re really not THAT nice. The markup is definitely not totally indicative of the craftsmanship. A lot of it is simply the brand and their ability to market to people like yourself. Most people just don’t give a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because I think those style of shoes are stupid and pretentious.

I'll stick with my Converse and Sketchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Most people just don’t give a shit.
    no
    most people probably can't AFFORD those shoes.

I dated a guy was a photographer for a major fashion magazine. He wasn’t wanting for money but he would buy amazing replicas of certain things. $300 high quality leather knock off of a $5600 purse for instance. But he also had plenty of legitimate things if he felt they were truly worth it.

no
    most people probably can't AFFORD those shoes.
    Those statements aren’t mutually exclusive. Most people can’t afford $700 shoes and most people wouldn’t care even if they could.

I don’t know anyone in my circle of friends, family, and coworkers who doesn’t have the disposable income to make a purchase like that, but most would still consider them a colossal waste of money.

Look, if that’s your style and you can afford it and it makes you feel better, then go for it. But don’t deluded yourself into thinking that the vast majority of people give a shit.

Knock-off for ironic use. If I'm gonna spend the big bucks I'll spend them on some Ricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. Both look bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither, they both look awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    no because the knock offs look crap and I can't afford the Guccis

It's funny how often I see expensive shirts, pants, and other clothing, with the cleaning instructions "dry clean only," or "professional cleaning only." If I was going to pay so damn much money, such clothing had better be "self-cleaning" and maybe give me a little extra service under the table...

Knock Off:
    https://www.amazon.com/Preslovemm-Cl.../dp/B07SR3T79J
    $40 + Tax (8-$9) = ~$50

Actual Shoe:
    https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/s...57132A38G09064
    $670 + Tax [$30*even] = ~$700

Which one would you buy? Social Experiment. Please explain your choice.
    700 Dollar for a shoe..... Jog on.

The knock off looks allright, I'm not a white trainer guy though, waaaaay to much cleaning for a shoe. Prefer my trusty vans I've had for 10 years still going strong.

They're 700 because of not only the brand but the material. Have you not worn a Gucci shoe before? They are low in supply because they're hard to sell but they're also handstitched and made with care
    The material? These are sneakers not loafers.

15+ Year Old Account
    neither both are butt ass ugly
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock Off:
    https://www.amazon.com/Preslovemm-Cl.../dp/B07SR3T79J
    $40 + Tax (8-$9) = ~$50

Actual Shoe:
    https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/s...57132A38G09064
    $670 + Tax [$30*even] = ~$700

Which one would you buy? Social Experiment. Please explain your choice.
    Oh lord.. None.. White shoes are useless to me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I thought my $120 tennis shoes (Barricades) i used to wear were expensive. 700 dollars? Isnt Gucci a brand that rappers wear so a bunch of teenagers buy it to look "cool"?