Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Extremely liniar single player, almost on rails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    It actually isn't. Apparently you can go to all of the worlds in any order. It's not open world but it's not linear either.

Probably get it on a sale later on.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Pfft. "Controller recommended" = don't play with kb and mouse.

Basically any game that has Dodge AND Block, on top of several types of attack, such as Light Attack, Heavy Attack, and then spells of some kind, is "controller recommended" because the average human being doesn't have 3 arms: one to hold the mouse and perform the attacks, one on the directional keys on the keyboard, and another one to handle the Block and Dodge mechanics while the other two hands are being used.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-11-12 at 11:55 AM.

I'll play it no matter what, i've been avoiding all trailers and previews.
    Hype is real and awful looking lightsaber doesn't scare me!

keyboard and mouse do not vibrate

solid business opportunity btw
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Basically any game that has Dodge AND Block, on top of several types of attack, such as Light Attack, Heavy Attack, and then spells of some kind, is "controller recommended" because the average human being doesn't have 3 arms: one to hold the mouse and perform the attacks, one on the directional keys on the keyboard, and another one to handle the Block and Dodge mechanics while the other two hands are being used.
    Keypad and multi-button mouse. Haven't had a need for any controller for action games on PC since I discovered this combo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    I'll play it no matter what, i've been avoiding all trailers and previews.
    Hype is real and awful looking lightsaber doesn't scare me!

keyboard and mouse do not vibrate

solid business opportunity btw
    Have you seen the launch trailer? They talked about the criticism they received about the initial showings of the game to the look and sound of the light-sabers and have made significant changes to them. The launch trailer they look and sound so much better.

Just to touch on this, I watched a video from Gamespot who had hands on experience and they called it a Metroidvania type game where you are encouraged to go off the beaten path to find secrets and stuff and also will return to places you've visited before with new powers or gear to access new areas.

It's only one source, but they have no reason to lie about something like that.

I'm excited about it, very much looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit out of the loop about this game bc I don't want to get spoiled of the story, but will we be able to join the Imperials, thats what I wanna know. Playing as the good guys is always boring

Anyone know the length of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Anyone know the length of the game?
    Depending on how hard you like to set your games and if you want to 100% it anywhere between 20-40 hours I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    No, as far as I'm aware the story is pretty linear while the exploring and adventuring is not, this is actually the first Jedi game where you're just a Jedi and you fight Sith.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I've read and seen difficulty doesn't scale in terms of give enemies more health and damage instead they get a lot smarter as you can be defeated quite easily as you're only a padawan.
    Right, parry windows are tighter and enemies react faster. So, if you suck but lik things hard, it will take you longer.

No review copy is highly suspect. Ill buy once reliable people review it.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'm a bit out of the loop about this game bc I don't want to get spoiled of the story, but will we be able to join the Imperials, thats what I wanna know. Playing as the good guys is always boring
    Probably not. Afaik there are no choices in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    No review copy is highly suspect. Ill buy once reliable people review it.
    There are review copies going out, reviews are just embargoed until launch day. That's not that uncommon, you should see plenty of reviews landing tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There are review copies going out, reviews are just embargoed until launch day. That's not that uncommon, you should see plenty of reviews landing tomorrow.
    It’s kind weird they’ve held up on the review embargo until the 15th when game obviously is out since there are tons people streaming it.

It takes away the purpose of a review embargo if people can tune into streams. I’m pretty sure that’s how many decides if it’s worth a buy or not anyway.

Will try it out... we'll see if it's worth buying or not.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It’s kind weird they’ve held up on the review embargo until the 15th when game obviously is out since there are tons people streaming it.

It takes away the purpose of a review embargo if people can tune into streams. I’m pretty sure that’s how many decides if it’s worth a buy or not anyway.
    Because it's not officially launched yet. IIRC those are folks who got early retail copies. Just because copies leak out early doesn't mean they'll lift their embargo. They have it set for launch day (probably either 12:01AM or something super early) and media don't like it when you move that embargo up at the last minute. They likely have streamers embargoed until launch day as well, which isn't uncommon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because it's not officially launched yet. IIRC those are folks who got early retail copies. Just because copies leak out early doesn't mean they'll lift their embargo. They have it set for launch day (probably either 12:01AM or something super early) and media don't like it when you move that embargo up at the last minute. They likely have streamers embargoed until launch day as well, which isn't uncommon either.
    If you have a VPN you can access it sooner. I connected to the Origin store in New Zealand and it launched there earlier today and I played a few minutes of it.

I get that popular streamers get earlier access sometimes but there are a bunch of random joes streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Went ahead and bit the bullet on this one and ordered the game for PS4 since I have nothing else going on until Monday. I've always enjoyed the single player force wielding games, but I am a bit apprehensive since they didn't send out any review copies. I guess we'll see in another 11 hours and 45 minutes.
    I'm fairly certain they did send review copies out, there's just an embargo on the releasing of the reviews until tonight, as there are sites that have said they will be releasing full reviews of the game as soon as the embargo is lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    If you have a VPN you can access it sooner. I connected to the Origin store in New Zealand and it launched there earlier today and I played a few minutes of it.

I get that popular streamers get earlier access sometimes but there are a bunch of random joes streaming.
    That's the point. Because the big streamers and reviewers all have review copies and can't post because they're under embargo. It's random Joe's that got their early retail copy, and just because Joe-Bob is streaming on his "AwesomeSauceRoXXXors69-420" account with 2 followers doesn't mean anyone gives a shit.

Seeing Fextralife/Streamerhouse streaming now and they have most of the EN viewers (the rest seem mostly to be Korean, where I think the game may be out by now?) so it's quite possible both those guys got early copies without being under embargo.

But at the end of the day, you don't blow up your plans and piss off media/influencers because retailers shipped a bit early. This is the tail-end of a year+ long marketing campaign with a lot on the line.