Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sorry, the vindicaar is parked outside Azeroth serving as the maternity of lightforged players, and cant be moved because ... reasons.

I think one of the reasons is that the lightforged have their light beam racial, so it must stay focused all the time to charge the beam for all the online lightforged that use that racial.

There you go, a useless reason for Blizzard to forget an overpowered alliance weapon an let it stay in the forgotten depths of wow.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-11-14 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    So one person orchestrating a war to get both sides soldiers killed makes the entire faction evil but mass genocide is ok? Seems legit.

The alliance has a history of wiping out innocents so it would fit with the lore for sure.
    Yeah sylvanas is the only bad hordie. All others didnt do nuthin. Its just like in nazi germany, everyone was rly nice but hitler made it all go bad.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that is what happens when you create a WMD and forget that it destroys the balance of power xD

From a lore standpoint, its proberly because it is too vulnearble or something, or that the crystal power have been used up too much for it to bombard a city.

From a gameplay standpoint, it just would not make much sense in the world we are....much of the dreanei tech really does not fit in xD

So why did they not use it? Because it would either be liking having nukes in WoW or because it actually aint that amazing. Like, what is the difference between the Vindicar and then some air ships + Jainas flying boat?
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    cause its halfarsed writing

all it needed was a tiny random dialogue somwehere, and there wouldnt be all those people asking the obvious since BFA started.

like... blah blah here's the plan blah blah and since the Vindicar is out of gas or whetever... blah blah here's plan B...

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    Okay so why can't the alliance use the vindicaar to space destroy the horde? At that destroy the Banshee Queen from space. We have a space ship so use it! If we used it the horde would be like we sorry bro.
    Sylvie will just fart a minor one in the general drection of that spaceship and transform it in to nothing.

Better not use so you have it as a monument or travel attraction.

Kinetic bombardment would work fine, you basically drop a cylinder with very basic controls from orbit and it falls at orbital velocities of 8km/sec, decelerating to 3km/sec before hitting the ground. No need for explosives when you get mass moving that fast, and they can be targeted with pinpoint accuracy. The problem with kinetic bombardment in the real world is we need to spend a ton of reaction weight to get anything into orbit in the first place. It's too expensive.

As to why they aren't doing it in WoW, it's a videogame.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-11-14 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Draenai got a trackrecord of crashing ships and are afraid to fly it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Because, it's Blizzard narrative. Not the best for sure

5+ Year Old Account
    Okay so why can't the alliance use the vindicaar to space destroy the horde? At that destroy the Banshee Queen from space. We have a space ship so use it! If we used it the horde would be like we sorry bro.
    iT iSN't ParT oF ThE stORy wE WAntEd tO TelL, or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People bitching about Jaina bringing a ship she dredged up from the Ocean to Lordaeron but no one wondering why the Vindicaar wasn't used to just glass the whole place from the air. Or role up on Orgrimmar with the rebels.

Because Blizzard needs to retain some vestige of "power balance" between the Alliance and Horde. Just like how, suddenly, the Alliance lost "too many" to provide an army to assault Orgrimmar, despite winning the battles in Dazar'alor, Arathi, and Darkshore, and their only loss being some warships out in the middle of the ocean while chasing Nathanos.
    Not to mention there is no way the other races would be so few in number. The Dwarven clans are united, together they should be able to summon forth an army to take down Orgrimmar themselves with their numbers and technology
    ...but I guess not.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Vindicaar is being used to shoot space lazers everytime a Lightforged Draneei uses it's racial skill.

Also, they won't bring it from orbith because it's the Army of the Light's main base now. It's too risky.

The story in Warcraft is just a tool to create new gameplay opportunities.

I don't get how after 15 years people haven't figured that out.

Because it's stuck back on Argus training new Lightforged troops while probably still clearing out the rest of the Legion that exists on the planet.

It ran out of the fuel source to use the weapons. Its that simple. It can't get back to argus to get more of what is needed to fuel it, so its left just chilling.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazozourus View Post
    Simple reason. Vindicaar doesn't belong to the Alliance. It's a Naaru ship commanded by Velen. It's like saying - why BE don't use the Tempest Keep and bomb us.
    Um, the draenei built it. It belongs to the draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    It ran out of the fuel source to use the weapons. Its that simple. It can't get back to argus to get more of what is needed to fuel it, so its left just chilling.
    It was built by the draenei on Azeroth, it's not fueled by anything from Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It was built by the draenei on Azeroth, it's not fueled by anything from Argus.
    The weapon is fueled by argunite. The weapon was not built by the draenei on Azeroth, its the weapon from the ship of the army of light that was fused with the draeneis ship when we first got there. That is what needs the fuel. Its all been stated in lore. The weapon is non-functioning now without a fuel source to power it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Because it would at best only break the roof.

- - - Updated - - -

Dalaran is neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    they only got the vindicaar, Dalaran is still focused as neutral because Khadgar kicked Jaina out early legion.
    Read the last part of the message you quoted xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The weapon is fueled by argunite. The weapon was not built by the draenei on Azeroth, its the weapon from the ship of the army of light that was fused with the draeneis ship when we first got there. That is what needs the fuel. Its all been stated in lore. The weapon is non-functioning now without a fuel source to power it.
    It is fueled by the Crown now that we reassembled it.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Blizzard can't let the draenei be involved in the faction war because the draenei invaded Argus and defeated the Burning Legion on their homeworld with rather little help from Azeroth.

It's hard to say "The draenei beat the Legion, but struggle against the Horde" when the Legion had freaking space ships and giant ass demons and fucking Titans. So Blizzard just doesn't let draenei be part of the faction war outside of small supporting roles.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Vindicaar's greatest accomplishment is being a flying vessel and having a laser cannon that made a small gate hole in a wall. Amazing.