Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What if humanity falls...

By an unknown reason we fall as king of the planet, if not the universe so far we know.
    What will happen to the human race? will we decrease in IQ? Will we go back to the stone age?

Are humans capable of living under a more supreme race? Or will we fight to be the best till the end of our race?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Planet of the Apes will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaD009 View Post
    Planet of the Apes will happen.
    So, you're saying the entire planet will become boring and unwatchable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    How high are you?
    Very. But that is not the point.

I just wonder. We humans always wanted to be the best. we prove eachother to ourselves the most. but what if we aint the best anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you mean.

Another race comes alone and surpasses us? If they're friendly we'll probably kill them or steal their tech. If they're not, then we'll just become a slave species or die out

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    By an unknown reason we fall as king of the planet, if not the universe so far we know.
    What will happen to the human race? will we decrease in IQ? Will we go back to the stone age?

Are humans capable of living under a more supreme race? Or will we fight to be the best till the end of our race?
    We wont fall.

/thread
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Another race comes alone and surpasses us? If they're friendly we'll probably kill them or steal their tech. If they're not, then we'll just become a slave species or die out
    Half of us will immediately volunteer to kill the other half as a show of loyalty.

Lets hope that never happens, because we've seen that movie before, and it was terrible.

Honestly I'd rather we were wiped out by a meteor than let that happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So, you're saying the entire planet will become boring and unwatchable?
    lol this is golden, sir you deserve a ovation for that performance glad someone finally said it in my life.

- - - Updated - - -

Humanity wont fall to any other entity as the solution to the fermi paradox is that we are alone in the Universe, but we have just about a billion years if Proton decay is true to save ourselves from that. If we somehow do solve that riddle than we must worry about Entropy having the last laugh, its endgame is truly the final boss. Youtube Issac Arthur for more on this topic and many others for more Scientific Futurism, also sorry to shill for a youtuber.

A little too late to be asking this kind of question.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are humans capable of living under a more supreme race?
    Yeah as slaves, but there can't be a form of intelligence that is supreme to humans. If you mean physical bodies then yeah a non-human race could be supreme but only in the context of a given environmental niche. The bodies of an alien race of beings would probably work terribly on Earth since they didn't evolve here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    Humanity wont fall to any other entity as the solution to the fermi paradox is that we are alone in the Universe, but we have just about a billion years if Proton decay is true to save ourselves from that. If we somehow do solve that riddle than we must worry about Entropy having the last laugh, its endgame is truly the final boss. Youtube Issac Arthur for more on this topic and many others for more Scientific Futurism, also sorry to shill for a youtuber.
    lol deadly proton decay isn't happening in a billion years or even 10 billion years. Unless you're just talking about some microscopic fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yeah as slaves, but there can't be a form of intelligence that is supreme to humans. If you mean physical bodies then yeah a non-human race could be supreme but only in the context of a given environmental niche. The bodies of an alien race of beings would probably work terribly on Earth since they didn't evolve here.

- - - Updated - - -

lol deadly proton decay isn't happening in a billion years or even 10 billion years. Unless you're just talking about some microscopic fraction.
    my understanding of it is that Hydrogen is not an element thats created all to readily, in comparison to the rest of the periodic table. Therefore if hydrogen is set to decay ever than it would seemingly happen around the same time (on an order of a billion years give or take). Though I majored in Biochemistry and so I have to take physicists for there grain of salt here, maybe you got an education quantum mechanics and know better, but Both Brian Greene and another guy I read on gave the date as roughly a billion years from now. 10 Billion years from now would be other magnitude which is allotted by wikipedia in there article, but the short end of the given range seems to be on the mark with the earlier prediction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    my understanding of it is that Hydrogen is not an element thats created all to readily, in comparison to the rest of the periodic table. Therefore if hydrogen is set to decay ever than it would seemingly happen around the same time (on an order of a billion years give or take). Though I majored in Biochemistry and so I have to take physicists for there grain of salt here, maybe you got an education quantum mechanics and know better, but Both Brian Greene and another guy I read on gave the date as roughly a billion years from now. 10 Billion years from now would be other magnitude which is allotted by wikipedia in there article, but the short end of the given range seems to be on the mark with the earlier prediction.
    I've never even heard of proton decay as a (likely) existential risk until you said it right now. 1 billion years seems incredibly fast but I'm not a physicist so i'll have to read into this more.

Proton decay isn't real, and neither is this how any decay ever works.
    Proton decay would just be proton decaying into a positron, also im not sure you can talk science. Just saying this isnt how it works and not going so far to correct me is just plain ignorance. Even if you do have the answer your not much better than someone who says the moon landing didnt happen and wont debate it. So i guess try again friend?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

It would depend entirely on the fall itself - how it happened, what form did it take (nuke war, asteroid, bio-weapon, etc), and what state humanity is in after the fall is complete.

If there was a rise of another species that dominated us and replaced humans in the pecking order, that would be an entirely different fall, with different results.

7+ Year Old Account
    Proton decay isn't real, and neither is this how any decay ever works.
    It confused me because somehow I hadn't heard of it as an existential risk before. My cursory internet search is showing a 10^29 number for how many years it could take if it does decay.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-11-14 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I've never even heard of proton decay as a (likely) existential risk until you said it right now. 1 billion years seems incredibly fast but I'm not a physicist so i'll have to read into this more.
    It is just the precursor to Entropies endgame, if the cosmological constant (the acceleration between objects or space itself) isnt the final laughing matter, then the total disorder in the universe will build until seeminly the periodic table is unable to form the overabundance of different nocohesive subatomic particles. The early stage of that is the up and down quarks no longer being the primary quarks in the universe. Again though im not a Physicist, this is merely stuff ive read in my lifetime. Also Gabriel might really be right that proton decay isnt real, but the test to that theory cant really be done in a lab without a way to make atoms age very rapidly.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A little too late to be asking this kind of question.
    THAT is an interesting answer. Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Lets hope that never happens, because we've seen that movie before, and it was terrible.

Honestly I'd rather we were wiped out by a meteor than let that happen again.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Had no idea they made a movie. The book was great. Not kidding.