The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Appeals court clears way for Congress to seek Trump financial records

So...they're appealing and it now goes to the Supreme Court.
    And the Appeals court declined to hear it en banc (full panel), so it's headed to SCOTUS on pretty solid legal ground. This could really (finally) backfire (bigly) for Team Trump if SCOTUS holds off ruling until after the holidays, and then rules in favor of the House, and Trumps records go public late in the first quarter.

If the House gets them, you can almost guarantee they will be revealed/leaked. The House operates under different rules when it comes to revealing information, and while there are draconian codes keeping private IRS data sealed for just about everyone, the U.S. House of Representatives isn't necessarily beholden to all those rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If the House gets them, you can almost guarantee they will be revealed/leaked.
    If NYState gets them, you can almost guarantee they'll become the new state flag. I look forward to hearing Trump's reaction to that.

"This is an outrage! I'm a taxpayer, I have rights!"
    "You moved."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If NYState gets them, you can almost guarantee they'll become the new state flag. I look forward to hearing Trump's reaction to that.

"This is an outrage! I'm a taxpayer, I have rights!"
    "You moved."
    Actually, according to this paperwork, the middle part is false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Real talk: When the fuck are markets going to stop getting played by this? This has been the most transparent play I can remember in a long time, and they've all be in on this for the past few years as if this isn't a comical farce.

Honestly, I'm personally on the belief that they purposely do this, to goose the market to go up so they can short sell it when the inevitable bad news hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whew! Bit of a big day yesterday. At least today things will settle down and --

Erdogan upends Oval meeting to play anti-Kurd film on iPad

Sigh...

The meeting hosted by President Trump included five Republican U.S. senators who've been among the most vocal critics of Turkey's recent invasion of Syria and attacks on the U.S.'s Kurdish allies in the fight against ISIS.

Erdoğan apparently thought he could sway these senators by forcing them to watch a clunky propaganda film.

The senators in the meeting took turns pushing back on Erdoğan, while Trump sat back and watched, intervening occasionally to play traffic cop.

The meeting comes as Erdoğan is trying to avoid sanctions over the purchase of a Russian missile defense system.

Erdoğan's video "was unpersuasive," according to a source who was in the room. It depicted members of the YPG (the U.S.-allied People's Protection Units) and the PKK (the Kurdistan Workers' Party, which the State Department has designated as a terrorist group).
    "Ouch. And the GOP just sat there and took it, because Trump?

After the film concluded, according to the source, Sen. Lindsey Graham asked Erdoğan: "Well, do you want me to go get the Kurds to make one about what you've done?"
    "WHOA!"

Graham was later arrested, because the use of sick burns is a war crime.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Speaking of Trump's meeting with Erdogan....

I believe the term is "war crime"?
    He is the most simple minded person ever. Moron looks at oil as a commodity with more of an archaic idea than anyone.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rder-wall-yet/

Trump's "THE WALL" that he's bragging about?

Yeah...he's not actually building anything new. All 78 miles built to-date are replacements for existing fencing, not new wall built on new land.

10+ Year Old Account
    he's not actually building anything new. All 78 miles built to-date are replacements for existing fencing, not new wall built on new land.
    But Edge- surely you missed this part:

Acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Mark Morgan told reporters...the replacement wall is so good that he calls all of it “new.”
    It feels new. That's what's important here. Trump didn't break a campaign promise, he made something that feels new.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah...he's not actually building anything new. All 78 miles built to-date are replacements for existing fencing, not new wall built on new land.
    I think I just traveled back in time to a year ago. Better warn everyone that it doesn't get any better.

Jared Kushner, being the great thinker he is, pitched the idea of having a live stream of the wall being built. I guess it for Trumpster's get excited too.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-11-14 at 10:05 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Forget the wall

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/e...n-in-one-month

MORE BIGLY

The federal deficit reached $134 billion in October, the first month of fiscal 2020, according to data the Treasury Department released Wednesday.

That figure is about 34 percent higher than last October, a sign of a steadily increasing gap between federal spending and revenue.

As a candidate, President Trump had promised to wipe out the nation’s deficit during his time in office, but deficits have only grown since his inauguration.

The Treasury estimated that the deficit for the 2020 fiscal year would surpass $1 trillion for the first time since 2012. The figure came in just below that milestone in fiscal 2019, hitting $984 billion.

The deficit has spiked following the GOP tax law and multiple bipartisan agreements to increase spending on defense and domestic programs.
    The nation's overall debt level surpassed $23 trillion for the first time this month.

What is even more interesting:
    https://www.bea.gov/news/2019/gross-...vance-estimate
    Current dollar GDP increased 3.5 percent, or $185.6 billion, in the third quarter to a level of $21.53 trillion. In the second quarter, GDP increased 4.7 percent, or $241.4 billion (tables 1 and 3).

So 3 month total around 250-350 billion dollar deficit....the deficit is really outpacing gdp growth....even with this so called wonderful bestest bigly economy.
    not even close. 2nd Q monthly increase was 80 billion per month average and 3rd Q was 62 billion per month average.

Could you imagine the gdp #'s without this insane govt spending?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    But Edge- surely you missed this part:

It feels new. That's what's important here. Trump didn't break a campaign promise, he made something that feels new.
    That has always been what matters most to Trump and his Trumpkins, how it makes them feel. Truth, facts and logic be damned if these snowflakes don't have a safe space that support their feelings on reality then it is all a deep state conspiracy.

- - - Updated - - -

A.K.A. everything Trump has touched in this administration.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/14/polit...ike/index.html

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper landed in South Korea on Thursday to navigate renewed threats from an "enraged" North Korea and newly heightened strain in the alliance with Seoul that congressional aides, lawmakers and Korea experts say has been caused by President Donald Trump.

Trump is demanding that South Korea pay roughly 500% more in 2020 to cover the cost of keeping US troops on the peninsula, a congressional aide and an administration official confirmed to CNN.

The price hike has frustrated Pentagon officials and deeply concerned Republican and Democratic lawmakers, according to military officials and congressional aides. It has angered and unnerved Seoul, where leaders are questioning US commitment to their alliance and wondering whether Trump will pull US forces if they don't pay up.

"Nothing says I love you like a shakedown," said Vipin Narang, an associate professor at MIT who follows the Korean peninsula, summarizing South Korean uncertainty their worries about the US.
    Donald. Trump. Is. A. National. Security. Risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta wonder if he's coming up with these policy changes with his large brain or if someone else has his ear.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Gotta wonder if he's coming up with these policy changes with his large brain or if someone else has his ear.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/world/unit...ns-us-security

Considering he was trying to kill our trade/security agreement with them because he didn't like it and couldn't understand the strategic/defensive importance of having troops in South Korea, so much so that Gary Kohn reportedly took drafts of the letter to withdraw off his desk on at least one occasion in 2017, I think this is all him and his galaxy-brain.

He's a transactional man. He understands money and that's it. He sees the South Korean relationship as a financial loss, and it is, but lacks the intelligence and nuance to understand the strategic importance of having troops there and why that more than justifies the cost to keep them there.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/14/polit...ike/index.html

Why does he have to fuck something up every single day. Can’t Trump just shut up for one week?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Why does he have to fuck something up every single day. Can’t Trump just shut up for one week?
    The impeachment inquiry hearings have begun, so he's pounding those Red Bulls and hitting that Nos button to go into ludicrous speed in the hopes that something will distract everyone from the hearings.