Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Legion was at around the same point when it was announced at Gamescom 2015. People started the same threads back then too. I wouldn't worry too much.
    They always do this. From Wrath on, they show a little of the starting zone at Blizzcon. Then, sometime in the following late winter (think March or so), they release alpha or beta and that lasts 3-6 months, usually somewhere in the middle of that. A March beta that's 6 months long puts us at... (shock!)... September.

There's almost no way this slips out of 2020 just as there's no way it ships in spring. Come on people look at their history for releases.

If they gonna take so much time rolling out this bland expansion - which has literally 0 reasons (and features) to have such a long development time - even the blizzard 'yes' bois around here are going to hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Do you get paid to play wow? Do you get paid to comment on wow? You don't. These people do. That makes them experts.

In their expert opinion they think blizzard might be behind schedule. This along with OPs source is enough to be a warning. In my opinion I think Blizzard will be on time but more than a year out we have three sources that say they might not be.

Are you just trying to increase your post count or are you actually triggered enough to post when some guys get called experts?
    preach is fine, on the other hand bellular was no more than a lfr raider

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Legion was at around the same point when it was announced at Gamescom 2015. People started the same threads back then too. I wouldn't worry too much.
    It wasn't. We have already had wow experts give opinion that the game is behind legion at this point. Go back a few pages. It is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And I would rather them work on base game features over focusing on new expansion only features that we will forget about in 10.0
    Oh yeah man, i am TOTALLY on board with them addressing some of the concerns i have, rather than just piling more garbage on the heap.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    If they gonna take so much time rolling out this bland expansion - which has literally 0 reasons (and features) to have such a long development time - even the blizzard 'yes' bois around here are going to hate it.
    You are misunderstanding what potential the expac has. Not a lot of info is there but it looks like they are trying to reverse some of the changes done to classes and gameplay done since WoD. As a developer, I know how time consuming this can be. I don't have access to the code but I have done simple "just roll it back" requests and you have to think about the whole system not just the changes you have done. If you read the threads about SL it is almost universal disappointment of the lack of bell and whistles, not fixing actual gameplay that people are crying about..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, it had NOTHING to do with a DELAY, and absolutely EVERYTHING to do with it being REMOVED FROM THE STORE. Gloss over it all you want, it is a COMPLETELY different scenario.
    You got a source for that speculation bub, only one providing any links here seems to be me cha.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't. We have already had wow experts give opinion that the game is behind legion at this point. Go back a few pages. It is there.
    Playing a game on YouTube doesn't make anyone a software expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    You got a source for that speculation bub, only one providing any links here seems to be me cha.
    Yes, and YOUR LINK is the source. BUB. your own source says exactly that. Man you REALLY need to read stuff before you post it.

Lets look at a couple of the quotes from YOUR LINK:

"I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition through Best Buy and they just updated the pick-up date instead of refunding me. " what? no one went to jail? wtf?

"Same here, customer service didn't know why either."

"During one point if I'm correct, both the standard and the deluxe were pulled off of the store temporarily after the delay"
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-11-14 at 08:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Streamers are nothing more then entertainers. They don't need to be an expert on something in order to stream and discuss things about it. They don't need to be experts in order to do interviews with developers. Entertainers will say and do what they need to in order to entertain. Obviously hating on WoW and speculating about a delay will drum up a lot of clicks and views. So not a shock that they speculate on it.

Using your logic I should be an expert since I've played since 2007. I don't feel it is behind from what we have seen or been told about. If by march or april they do not have alpha/beta/leaks then it will be behind.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Finalboss and Preach are not WoW experts.

I don't see how people say it's behind given all the information we have been given. We've been show 4 of the 5 zones. Although as usual you can expect these zones still require a load of work just like every other expansion at this time.

There's a lot of features they've gone over in interviews where a lot of they are unsure of how certain mechanics will work out yet. Such as gear, reward structures, endgame progression via Covenants.

This is no different to Garrisons, Artifact Weapons trees, Legionderys, Azerite Traits.
    Go back to any previous blizzcon and interviews at those times.
    Heck even look at early beta builds, systems like the artifact weapons and even class talents are normally vary bare at the start of beta.
    They need systems like these in the hands of the players so they can see how they work out and iterate on them.

The content that takes a long time is art assets, which looks as far along as any expansions reveals have.
    Last edited by Teddyfish; 2019-11-14 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyfish View Post
    Finalboss and Preach are not WoW experts.

I don't see how people say it's behind given all the information we have been given. We've been show 4 of the 5 zones. Although as usual you can expect these zones still require a load of work just like every other expansion at this time.

There's a lot of features they've gone over in interviews where a lot of they are unsure of how certain mechanics will work out yet. Such as gear, reward structures, endgame progression via Covenants.

This is no different to Garrisons, Artifact Weapons trees, Legionderys, Azerite Traits.
    Go back to any previous blizzcon and interviews at those times.
    Heck even look at early beta builds, systems like the artifact weapons and even class talents are normally vary bare at the start of beta.
    They need systems like these in the hands of the players so they can see how they work out and iterate on them.

The content that takes a long time is art assets, which looks as far along as any expansions reveals have.
    Behind, i am unsure, but in their own words they are still "very early in development", and on some questions the responses have been variations of "we are not ready to talk about that yet" or similar "that is still very early in development"

Sounds like NK is trying to confirm Guldan in 9.0.

Anyone here about this?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I still have a weird feeling that they misspoke on their post and 8.3 is still coming out this year, otherwise why add Greatfather Pepe to 8.3?
    Alotta things get added that come into the game later, see the vrykul sets for example, they were added in legion but didnt appear till BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Alotta things get added that come into the game later, see the vrykul sets for example, they were added in legion but didnt appear till BFA.
    But generally when it comes to holiday things, they're for the next holiday, i can't recall a single point in time where a holiday item was added a whole year early.

He also didnt read what he linked. If he had, he would realise the product was removed from the store, which triggered the refund. Even the customer service reps were caught off guard by it.
    Guess why systems like that are in place. Couldn't possibly be due to legal requirements, could it?

Oh wait. Yes, it almost definitely is.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and YOUR LINK is the source. BUB. your own source says exactly that. Man you REALLY need to read stuff before you post it.

Lets look at a couple of the quotes from YOUR LINK:

"I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition through Best Buy and they just updated the pick-up date instead of refunding me. " what? no one went to jail? wtf?

"Same here, customer service didn't know why either."

"During one point if I'm correct, both the standard and the deluxe were pulled off of the store temporarily after the delay"
    Get off your melodramatic horse already. Financial and contract law legal issues doesn't automatically mean people going to jail. Most of the time things don't even go through courts because that would be more costly than settling.

Doesn't mean they don't exist or aren't the reason systems like that are in place. And Best Buy doesn't operate in Europe, so it's meaningless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Guess why systems like that are in place. Couldn't possibly be due to legal requirements, could it? Oh wait. Yes, it almost definitely is.
    Well duh. If a product is removed from the store you have to refund the money you took for the future sale of that product. It was brought back to the store and people could pre-order it again. If people pre-ordered the game from Best Buy they never had the order cancelled. Best Buy just moved it to the newer date automatically. Something with the specific store listing had it taken down and put back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't mean they don't exist or aren't the reason systems like that are in place. And Best Buy doesn't operate in Europe, so it's meaningless.
    It is only meaningless because it doesn't support your narrative. Lets see your proof that the store entry was removed due to the legal laws when it impacted non-EU people as well. No part of EU laws says they have to legally keep a release date. No part says they need to have automatic refunds.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Well duh. If a product is removed from the store you have to refund the money you took for the future sale of that product. It was brought back to the store and people could pre-order it again. If people pre-ordered the game from Best Buy they never had the order cancelled. Best Buy just moved it to the newer date automatically. Something with the specific store listing had it taken down and put back up.
    Are you even trying to follow things? The publisher took it down, not the store. The store then automatically cancelled all preorders, which the publisher didn't expect to happen, so it isn't at all a case of "Well duh".

It is only meaningless because it doesn't support your narrative. Lets see your proof that the store entry was removed due to the legal laws when it impacted non-EU people as well. No part of EU laws says they have to legally keep a release date. No part says they need to have automatic refunds.
    Best Buy is meaningless because it isn't subject to EU laws, and therefore irrelevant to the discussion of actions based on them. Not sure why you think they removed it from the store for legal reasons, especially since i never talked about that.

Are you even trying to follow things? The publisher took it down, not the store. The store then automatically cancelled all preorders, which the publisher didn't expect to happen, so it isn't at all a case of "Well duh".

Best Buy is meaningless because it isn't subject to EU laws, and therefore irrelevant to the discussion of actions based on them. Not sure why you think they removed it from the store for legal reasons, especially since i never talked about that.
    Wait, you think this topic is only about EU law? wtf gave you that impression? you are wrong on EVERY point here, and in your previous post.

"that goes against my agenda, so it is irrelevant!"

And just to be clear, since CLEARLY you have not read ANY of the previous posts in this thread, the jail suggestion was made early on by more than one person, claiming that if a deadline was missed, people go to jail.

If you want to be constructive in a thread, dont just cherry pick one post, assume everything, and slap a reply together. For the record, the EU law was discussed at one point because someone tried to use it as proof, and it backfired gloriously because just like you, they failed to read.

- There is literally no evidence to support a 2021 release except some random people who only played a demo of the game saying "it looks not close to being done", even though they don't work for blizzard nor have seen their internal builds.
    - Blizzard has stated it will release in 2020

It's pretty obvious which one is probably the correct choice. Could they delay it to 2021? Sure. Will they? At the moment no because saying one thing at Blizzcon and then not doing it usually ends badly for them (YOU PROMISED A PONY AT BLIZZCON WHERE IS MY PONY).

The difference between this expansion and previous ones is there isn't really a "new" system that would take up a lot of development. Its all old systems used in a different way, BFA had islands and warfronts and the new azerite armor. Legion had artifact weapons and such, etc etc. Shadowlands uses all the old systems already in place so I doubt they will need to delay this expansion till 2021, even Torgast is just islands 2.0.
    Last edited by Raone; 2019-11-15 at 04:15 AM.