Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    https://twitter.com/kingdomhearts/st...081211392?s=21

The Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 HD Remix and 2.8 HD collection is coming to Xbox one next year.
    Meanwhile platforms it would actually sell on in PC and Switch still have no announcements for them lmao. Oh Square, you silly bastards do you ever learn there is no JRPG audience on Xbox?

15+ Year Old Account
    3 sucked with an xbox controller so i dont know how bad it would feel with 2s faster combat

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Meanwhile platforms it would actually sell on in PC and Switch still have no announcements for them lmao. Oh Square, you silly bastards do you ever learn there is no JRPG audience on Xbox?
    On top of that its releasing on a dead platform (seeing how the next Xbox will be out next year). I don't see people buying the XB2 (or whatever it is) for a JRPG series that released on other platforms many times over.

If it came to Switch I would rebuy it for the millionth time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well, KH 1.5+2.5 HD REmix could work on the Switch, and quite possibly DDD HD Remix. But A Fragmentary Passage (0.2 BBS) runs on the Unreal engine KH3 uses, so I don't think that would work on the Switch.

But yeah, I would also like a Switch version to play it on the go.

Well, KH 1.5+2.5 HD REmix could work on the Switch, and quite possibly DDD HD Remix. But A Fragmentary Passage (0.2 BBS) runs on the Unreal engine KH3 uses, so I don't think that would work on the Switch.

But yeah, I would also like a Switch version to play it on the go.
    Witcher 3 runs on the Switch...

KH3 would have no problems running on it ether. Also KH3 is a up to 60fps title on PS4/XB1 and it could be downgraded to run on Switch.

Also there is already Unreal 4 titles on Switch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

KH3 would have no problems running on it ether. Also KH3 is a up to 60fps title on PS4/XB1 and it could be downgraded to run on Switch.

i dont know exactly how much work they had to do to get witcher 3 to run but i assume it wasnt anywhere near as easy as porting ps2, psp, and 3ds games.

not saying it wouldnt ever happen and id rebuy in a heartbeat but kh3 would require a lot more money and effort to get on switch so i think its a lot less likely.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I don't even want to know how they'd tune down the graphics to get KHIII and 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage to run smoothly, considering IIRC that KHIII couldn't run on a normal PS4 at 1080p.

I dont understand why you would want to watch a movie on the switch.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

I don't even want to know how they'd tune down the graphics to get KHIII and 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage to run smoothly, considering IIRC that KHIII couldn't run on a normal PS4 at 1080p.
    They got DQXIS to run smoothly and it's the same company and the same engine.
    Also, I still hope they'll release KH on PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

KHIII runs between 45-60 fps at 1080p on a PS4, That is perfectly fine.

KHIII can run on Switch, Just depends if Square Enix gives enough fucks to do it. Like I said Witcher 3 runs on Switch and it was a much more demanding game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    They got DQXIS to run smoothly and it's the same company and the same engine.
    Also, I still hope they'll release KH on PC.
    KH is owned by Disney, so I wouldn't hold my breath on a PC port.

Weird, I could have sworn thata performance chart showing that KHIII runs on a lower resolution on a normal PS4 in order to get stable frames. But if I am wrong, I am wrong. And granted, it was several months ago.

Weird, I could have sworn thata performance chart showing that KHIII runs on a lower resolution on a normal PS4 in order to get stable frames. But if I am wrong, I am wrong. And granted, it was several months ago.
    Even if that was the case once again Witcher 3 is on the Switch and its a much more demanding game. Plus there is already Unreal 4 titles on it, If Square Enix/Disney wanted to do it then it would be done.

KH3 has multiple modes. One mode locks it to 30 fps and the other unlocks the frame rate so it bounces around from 35-60 depending on whats on the screen. On PS4 it defaults to 1080p, on PS4 Pro it defaults to 1440p. You can lock the PS4 Pro version to 1080p and you get a more consistent frame rate.

But we already know it could easily run on the Switch. It's Unreal 4 and runs above 30 fps on the PS4. DQXI was Unreal and ran at 30 fps on the PS4 but they somehow ported that. Literally same engine, and the visuals are pretty similar between the games mostly cartoony animation.

Honestly either Square is beyond stupid or MS money hatted the ports because it makes no financial sense to port them to Xbox over Switch. They would sell strong on Switch and won't sell for jack shit on Xbox.

Even if that was the case once again Witcher 3 is on the Switch and its a much more demanding game. Plus there is already Unreal 4 titles on it, If Square Enix/Disney wanted to do it then it would be done.
    Witcher 3 also got a shit ton of graphical tuning to get it to run. But yes, I suppose if they wanted to, they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Honestly either Square is beyond stupid or MS money hatted the ports because it makes no financial sense to port them to Xbox over Switch. They would sell strong on Switch and won't sell for jack shit on Xbox.
    Didn't it come out awhile back that once again MS was going to try to get into the Japan market.

So if I was a betting man I would say MS paid for these ports. KH3 sold like shit on the XB1, So there is no chance Square would just port them without some pay to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know exactly how much work they had to do to get witcher 3 to run but i assume it wasnt anywhere near as easy as porting ps2, psp, and 3ds games.

not saying it wouldnt ever happen and id rebuy in a heartbeat but kh3 would require a lot more money and effort to get on switch so i think its a lot less likely.
    Let me stop you right there and say porting W3 was likely a bigger project then porting the entire KH franchise to Switch would be, and I'm included the games that got turned into movies in that port those as well lol. Still a much smaller scale project.

The only difficult projects would be 2.8 and 3 but both run on Unreal and can easily be scaled to the Switch just like DQXI, Doom and many other unreal games are.

KH is owned by Disney, so I wouldn't hold my breath on a PC port.
    Why? Avengers game will come out on PC, Star Wars games are on PC, even Disney Afternoon Collection (NES games with classic characters like Chip and Dale or Darkwing Duck) is on PC. What makes KH so special?
    Looking for Raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why? Avengers game will come out on PC, Star Wars games are on PC, even Disney Afternoon Collection (NES games with classic characters like Chip and Dale or Darkwing Duck) is on PC. What makes KH so special?
    Im just gonna guess the original engine sucks to port to pc since japanese games back then really liked tying physics to framerate. Plenty of 60 fps bugs, cant imagine 120+

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Im just gonna guess the original engine sucks to port to pc since japanese games back then really liked tying physics to framerate. Plenty of 60 fps bugs, cant imagine 120+
    Most of SE PC releases are FPS locked already, so it's barely a problem.
    Looking for Raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of SE PC releases are FPS locked already, so it's barely a problem.
    I didnt mean just fps, but the engine in general. It was a really bad ps3 port