Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The impeachment inquiry hearings have begun, so he's pounding those Red Bulls and hitting that Nos button to go into ludicrous speed in the hopes that something will distract everyone from the hearings.
    He could... you know... keel over. That would solve several problems at once. He'd get out of the impeachment bs and we get rid of him. Sounds like a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    He could... you know... keel over. That would solve several problems at once. He'd get out of the impeachment bs and we get rid of him. Sounds like a win-win.
    No, I want him held accountable and I want him to take as many down with him as possible. If he gets caught and he takes McConnell down with him, especially about trading their power for personal gain, the taints his every nomination giving grounds to remove them.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ntent=business

Now Giuliani officially under investigation for campaign finance violations and acting as an unregistered foreign agent.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Now Giuliani officially under investigation for campaign finance violations and acting as an unregistered foreign agent.
    He will make a fantastic witness at the Senate Impeachment Trial. What's the over/under with getting Trump on the stand?

Who says crime doesn't pay?

The scam appears to be fairly basic. The Trumps raised money for the inauguration and then funneled those funds through the Trump Organization and back into their own pockets, and Ivanka headed the effort. https://t.co/dbWpc1S2Wa
    Article link.

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/12...mpression=true

We had reports that Trump and his crime family likely took money from their inauguration. Remember that Trump inauguration was most expensive or most money raised.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Article link.

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/12...mpression=true

We had reports that Trump and his crime family likely took money from their inauguration. Remember that Trump inauguration was most expensive or most money raised.
    The last I heard about it the inauguration was struggling to account for several millions of dollars that had yet to be spent and/or was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No, I want him held accountable and I want him to take as many down with him as possible. If he gets caught and he takes McConnell down with him, especially about trading their power for personal gain, the taints his every nomination giving grounds to remove them.
    Ditto. As many others have said over the course of the past couple of years, Trump is just the gross, pus-filled symptom of the underlying problem. Getting him out of the picture is fantastic, but getting him out of the picture while simultaneously exposing several of the frauds that have been propping him up for their own benefit at the expense of everyone else is ideal.

EDIT: I know this isn't exactly the right thread for it but the Dems have seriously been upping their snappy rejoinder game. Dave Rubin takes a serious hit here. It probably almost qualifies as a snuff film.

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/sta...851771905?s=20
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2019-11-15 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here we go back to stuff about The Wall!

Apparently Trump and Co. are just going to waltz onto private property and tell people the government is taking over their land (with court documents). Completely different than a typical eminent domain situation where a price is announced before something like this happens.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm..._ATXoDcMGKm8z0
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The last I heard about it the inauguration was struggling to account for several millions of dollars that had yet to be spent and/or was missing.
    Don't you hate when that happens?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And here we go back to stuff about The Wall!

Apparently Trump and Co. are just going to waltz onto private property and tell people the government is taking over their land (with court documents). Completely different than a typical eminent domain situation where a price is announced before something like this happens.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm..._ATXoDcMGKm8z0
    Yes, it's a shame that Trump hates private property rights.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Don't you hate when that happens?
    Indeed.

I can't wait to see the Trump family's criminal woes post-Trump Residency. The list of crimes by Ivanka and Donnie Dumb Dumb Jr is already pacing their fathers. Eric seems to be off the radar though. Too stupid maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Gotta wonder if he's coming up with these policy changes with his large brain or if someone else has his ear.
    North Korea has, as we've seen recently, pretty much said "Trump can go fuck himself". These moves with South Korea are all him.

I've lost count. How many is that? Four?

Federal charges...hm..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Rafiekian, Manafort, Flynn, and now Giuliani. Did I miss anyone?
    Rick Gates. I'd forgotten about Rafiekian. Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman could also count, I suppose, by the Transitive Law of Fuckery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Parnas and Fruman are on the edge of qualifying
    Hey remember when Trump tried to claim he only had four bankruptcies, because having three at once only counted as one?

I don't know why Giuliani, Parnas and Fruman made me think of that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been raising this red flag for awhile about South Korea, and I see the situation there getting hotter by the day. The administration raised the chargeback to the South Korean gov't 500% to over $5B for military protection, which has upset the SK government and public to no end. They also are unhappy about the lack of US response to many missile launches in the past year by the North. More importantly, they are looking at the US (like the Saudis) and asking if the US military are simply mercenaries now. It's very questionable whether the South Korean government will be able to pass spending for the dramatically increased costs.

My fear is that Trump pulls a move similar to the Kurds with South Korea, doing a midnight announcement over a pullout if/when South Korea doesn't pay. Also, North Korea could make some small meaningless concessions to nudge Trump into a deal to pull US troops, giving him what he wants which is declaring a deal and saving the US money for the upcoming election. Then the instant our last troop leaves South Korean airspace, it will be a short time to the North launching an invasion of the South. If the world thought the Kurdish situation in northern Syria was a disaster after the surprise US pullout, this will make that look like a holiday. Everything is being lined up for the US to pullout.

10+ Year Old Account
    China is about to slide into SKs DMs.

Trump wants to force people to give up land? Isn't that like a GOP cardinal sin?

And he wants to create a Constitutional crisis by asking SCOTUS to block the tax return subpoena against him. We still have Friday to get through.

Republicans, yall better bending over for this man because he is only looking out for himself.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Also, North Korea could make some small meaningless concessions
    Three words : Trump Tower Pyongyang.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    South Korea needs to worry about South Korean problems is what the majority of the US will say at this given moment.
    North Korea is absolutely a "US problem." The US' power presence in East Asia is absolutely a "US concern."

I am rather indifferent on that entire thing i am sure South Korea has a solid enough standing army to combat the North since they have been not on happy terms for so long anyway. The world needs to start rearming itself to shoulder a greater deal of the world wide security burden not just relying on the US.
    The problem is that other countries aren't going to do that, they're going to buddy up with the other contenders for World Powers: China and Russia.

And boy, do you not want other countries becoming more like China and Russia.

The US is the most powerful country on the planet due in no small part to its broad and (formerly) quite strong allegiances with other countries. South korea, Japan, the EU, etc, etc.

But Trump (and the Republicans as a whole, especially following 9/11) has done a LOT to alienate and damage the resolve of US allies.

The days of countries being sovereign little entities that can adequately defend themselves from outside oppressors is over; dead with WW2. The superpowers are called that for a reason, and there will be no returning to "little independent countries all minding their own business." Because once one Superpower starts shedding allies, the other superpowers just scoop them up. Look at the Kurds. Trump dropped them for literally no reason and they went straight to Russia for protection. The US' strength in the Middle East lessened, and Russia's strengthened. This is a zero-sum game.

Now look at South Korea. A long standing ally of the United States. But if the US drops them? What's to say they don't go to China? North Korea respects China (no, they don't respect Trump.) China can say "hey South Korea, you buddy up to us and we'll ensure you never have to worry about North Korea again. We'll tell them to behave, and they'll listen. All you gotta do is... well, let us do whatever we want militarily in your country!"

And boom, the US would have just handed ANOTHER ally (a critical regional ally) off to a contending foreign power; to China. And for what? Some pittance of military defense money? To stroke the ego of an orange lunatic? Not only that, but what's the US deterrent to North Korea now? Nothing. The closest ally they have is now Japan. So if North Korea starts rattling their sabers at the US, what is the US going to do about it? Get all the guns pointed at Japan, who will have just watched the US ditch an ally in the region for no reason? Or is the US going to be forced to capitulate to China who will "get North Korea off your back?"

It is in the US' interest to maintain a broad and powerful network of Allies across the world. It's in the interest of those countries and the world at large that China and Russia do not scoop them up.

The ultimate issue is that Trump is the one doing this. He wont consider the opinions of National security advisers or military personnel or anyone who actually knows what they're doing. And no, Trump does not "know what he's doing," that should be abundantly clear. He's doing it as a publicity stunt, thinking that whatever pittance of money he saves by not extending defense treaties with South Korea will look good for his utterly crumbling campaign. He's probably looking to claim that "he finally ended the Korean War" by retracting support.

In essence, yet another example of Trump's sad tenure as president as being a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Nothing, that is, except the unacceptable deterioration of the US' foreign reputation and standing as an ally.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-11-15 at 04:20 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I've lost count. How many is that? Four?
    Six, and counting (depending on how you count, possibly eight); before counting Parnas and Fruman, you have:

Cohen - sentenced
    Papadoupoulos - sentenced
    Flynn - pleaded guilty
    Manafort - sentenced
    Gates - pleaded guilty
    Patten (consultant to Manfort, Cambridge Analytica, business partner of probably GRU asset Konstantin Kilimnik) - pleaded guilty, and,

van Der zwann (London-based Dutch lawyer, specializing in assets of Ultra-High Net Worth Individuals, mostly Russians; business associate of Gates & Kilimnik) - sentenced (if you want to count him - he's definitely in the Russian oligarch orbit, not so much the Trump cabal orbit), and,

Kilimnik - indicted (at large in Russia, after leaving the Ukraine to avoid arrest for charges filed against him in the United States by Mueller).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    I've been raising this red flag for awhile about South Korea, and I see the situation there getting hotter by the day. The administration raised the chargeback to the South Korean gov't 500% to over $5B for military protection, which has upset the SK government and public to no end. They also are unhappy about the lack of US response to many missile launches in the past year by the North. More importantly, they are looking at the US (like the Saudis) and asking if the US military are simply mercenaries now. It's very questionable whether the South Korean government will be able to pass spending for the dramatically increased costs.

My fear is that Trump pulls a move similar to the Kurds with South Korea, doing a midnight announcement over a pullout if/when South Korea doesn't pay. Also, North Korea could make some small meaningless concessions to nudge Trump into a deal to pull US troops, giving him what he wants which is declaring a deal and saving the US money for the upcoming election. Then the instant our last troop leaves South Korean airspace, it will be a short time to the North launching an invasion of the South. If the world thought the Kurdish situation in northern Syria was a disaster after the surprise US pullout, this will make that look like a holiday. Everything is being lined up for the US to pullout.
    If Trump can be removed before Feb 2021, various axes (US military, South Korean government, US diplomatic corps) can probably drag their feet to keep American boots on the ground as a tripwire until then; if he actually gets re-elected then the situation you painted probably comes to pass in some fashion (the North Koreans aren't that stupid (I hope), invading the South would be a sort of MAD for all Koreans; but they probably will step up their saber-rattling by orders of magnitude, and start practicing flat-out extortion).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)