Page 1 of 3
LastLast

M+ in shadowlands?

Can someone clarify the confusion I have regarding M+ in Shadowlands? So from what I understood of Ion is that It won't matter the key difficulty you do it will be based on the amount of dungeons you do? Am I understanding that right?

Also, I would just like to say that if that is the case I think it would be a great addition. I personally feel that the M+ community in this game is very toxic and the IO addon isn't helping disprove my case.

What wont matter?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cinamonjackz View Post
    the level of the key?
    For what? Of course the level will matter or they wouldn't have them.

I don't understand what you don't understand about my question? I'm asking if I'm interpreting Ion right?

The way I understood it is that m+ is pretty much the same, but you can now get loot in the same chest by doing WQs and other activities. They are also dabbling with letting us have multiple pieces in the chest every week but only get to choose 1.

What will change is how the weekly chest reward works. Not Mythic+ themselves.

Instead of getting a random item from the dungeons loot table, you will be given a choice of items (or currency) based on the content you ran (as they say), from dungeons, raid, world quests, etc. So it won't be limited to the dungeons loot tables. Will it end up like that on release? No one knows.

I don't think you even understand your own question

I don't understand what you don't understand about my question? I'm asking if I'm interpreting Ion right?
    You don't say what it will matter for, just you think it wont. You probably mean for rewards, but of course to some degree it matters or there wouldn't be multiple difficulties. You might be able to do a series of lower keys to get the same reward as you might from one higher key or something like that. There is always some sort of benefit or reward for doing things in more challenging content though. Any way about it they haven't even decided what they are doing with rewards and it is so far away I wouldn't count on anything until it goes live and makes it past a patch or 2 since the first patch of an expansion is when we normally see the holes in new content or systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I don't think you even understand your own question
    That is about the way it looked from my side of the screen too.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone clarify the confusion I have regarding M+ in Shadowlands? So from what I understood of Ion is that It won't matter the key difficulty you do it will be based on the amount of dungeons you do? Am I understanding that right?

Also, I would just like to say that if that is the case I think it would be a great addition. I personally feel that the M+ community in this game is very toxic and the IO addon isn't helping disprove my case.
    They are working on a system that tracks the dungeons / difficulties and bosses you coined. (And maybe other sources but these 3 were mentioned)

Out of these options will come a smaller loot table and by opening the weekly cache you will get your pick out of different items generated by said metrics.

You pick one option and get that reward.

So instead of having a cache that contains 1 item from all dungeons in the expansion. It will contain items from the dungeons you actually cleared that reset for your m+ cache.

This is speculation from my side, but that is how it sounds to me.

Mythic+ will work the same way as before that what you do affecting things is in reference to your weekly chest. Say you just spam kings rest because it has a bis item for you and do no other dungeon for mythic+ for the week. The way they said things make it sound the options of items will be more weighted to give you items from kings rest instead of just a single random item from the pool of every dungeon item in the game.

Not sure what you heard that made you think the level won't matter. I definitely did not hear anything like that and I think I read and/or heard all of Ion's comments that were made public.

FYI: PUG communities (which is what you're talking about) have been toxic in WoW since 2004. The problem isn't mythic+, the problem is that you're subjecting yourself to PUGs instead of making friends.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    no. /10char

10+ Year Old Account

I think you're misunderstanding him, they're just changing the weekly chest to take into account more than just M+ I think. Higher level will still get you better loot.

Also Raider IO is a great tool when used properly, I'm so tired of people bursting non-elite packs with Azerite beam with bursting affix. If people are requiring stupidly high IO for low end dungeons, they're probably trying to get carried and you should avoid said group.

You're not understanding it right. The weekly chest is now longer M+ chest but a "sum" of everything you did. The details remain to be seen, like if 1 M+10 is enough for highest ilvl or if it requires additional contribution from Thorgast or Mythic raids or PVP.
    How I'm envisioning it is something like this: Say max ilvl from the chest is 400. Doing a M+10 or x rated wins at x rating or 1-2 Mythic boss kills = 390ilvl. Doing any of those + x progress in Tower = 400. Then doing a combination between them but lower like a M+9 + 1 Mythic boss or fewer pvp wins would still get you a 400.

But I highly doubt doing 100 x M+2 would have the same contribution as 1 x M+10 because it would make no sense.

Hopefully they add some detail to it in game like a list on what can contribute to further increase it and not let people search google for hours to figure it out.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-11-12 at 11:38 AM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing they are looking to change is the way the weekly M+ chest works. He mentioned something like choosing between 3 different reward options with those said reward options being a combination of gear or some form currency (badges, gold, maybe even AP).

I suppose the calculation will come from how many M+ dungeons you do per week and the key levels of those specific dungeons.

Mythic+ becomes meaningless in shadowlands, meh why do i care... Shadowlands doesn't even look THAT good
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2019-11-12 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Mythic+ becomes meaningless in shadowlands, meh why do i care... Shadowlands doesn't even look THAT good
    Gearing with mythic+ is very time intensive with the current low TF proc and repeatable content model. We are talking about 100-120 DAYS played PER CHARACTER for anything between heroic and mythic raiding powerlevels. This is a mature discussion and nobody have to come with "same ilvl" bullshit, nobody cares for streamer talk in a world of simcraft and logs.

The whole gearprogression part of mythic+ is gone in BfA 8.3, the weekly chest alone is just a lottery without any targetable gearslots and with zero protection to repeated loot for the same gearslot.

Got over 5000 keys done in LEGION and 4000 keys in BfA per character and I don't see me doing more than 1/week with the current 8.3 version.

Some people still compare mythic+ to challenge modes and mage tower, but thats just ludicrous. The comparison is between a one time per EXPANSION activity with a daily/weekly main game activity, so there have to be different rewardsystems or the time spends is simply not worth.

The raider.io statistics show pretty much how large the mythic+ community is and its a significant part of the active playerbase. I got the cuts to PVP in the past, because it was such a small population but with mythic+ I did not expect the extinction of the whole gaming mode with 8.3+.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-11-15 at 08:03 AM.
    -

M+ community in this game is very toxic and the IO addon isn't helping disprove my case.
    Let’s not make this a “one-sided” problem. An issue with the M+ community is also the players who refuse to put in any effort to learn the dungeon mechanics or their class. We can’t ignore that. It’s not just the “elitists” who are jerks..

Wanting to play with players of the same skill level as yourself is not toxic, and RIO is just a tool that allows you to find people on your level. RIO is just a “WoW resumé”. It’s not perfect, but most of the time it is pretty accurate. I’m also not going up to a NFL team asking if I can start as the quaterback in the next match.

Playing with people who are much below your skill level is just not fun. And that’s not toxic to say.. it’s just the truth.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-11-15 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The only thing that changes is that people who only did one M+ per week for the chest might stop doing them altogether (especially if you can level up your chest with Torghast runs). People who enjoy pushing M+ will keep on doing so. People who grind M+ for gear may or may not continue that depending on what happens to Titanforging (realistically if TF is out, people will grind M+ far less). So ultimately, the people who actually love M+ will keep on doing it and the people who hate it and only did it to stay relevant will be able to stop. That sounds like a win-win scenario to me.
    If they remove TF, then they need to to do something about the ilvl you get from M+
    Because I really don't want to step into scheduled raiding to stay relevant. I know certain trinkets and expansion features like Azerite armor/essences are quite a must have, but I can get those with pugs.