Even when the Browns win, they lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Myles Garrett could well have killed a man tonight, the fuck did Mason say to fire him off like that?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

As a dolphins fan I found out we won a two games this season, Im actually mad about that. There goes first pick in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Myles Garrett could well have killed a man tonight, the fuck did Mason say to fire him off like that?
    That was rather ugly. After the inevitable suspension of Garrett will come the appeal from the NFLPA, which I'm already prepared to be disgusted over. Union or no, there are times you do NOT defend your members, and this is one of them.

Sadly, true leaders in the world are rare, and the NFLPA won't exhibit a leadership role here. The message, from any entity involved with the NFL, should be: "That was unacceptable. Period. Buh-bye until next season."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So if this Kaep thing isn't just a publicity stunt and teams are actually interested, I'm going to assume the team at the front of that line is the Steelers. No 1st rounder to tank for, and Rudolph is bad enough that even a guy who was out of the league 3 years is probably an upgrade.
    Even more interesting is that the Redskins are attending. A team that will never sign Kaep. I'm just shocked that Kaep is agreeing to this shit. Its all PR for the NFL. Nothing is gonna come of it, nobody will sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Even more interesting is that the Redskins are attending. A team that will never sign Kaep. I'm just shocked that Kaep is agreeing to this shit. Its all PR for the NFL. Nothing is gonna come of it, nobody will sign him.
    I mean then he can go about suing the league again and get another settlement for being blackballed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean then he can go about suing the league again and get another settlement for being blackballed.
    Doubtful that his settlement allows him to sue the NFL again. Then again I assumed when announced, his settlement would disallow him from playing in the NFL again. Very weird shit to dig up when it seemed like the issue was mostly buried at this point.

Doubtful that his settlement allows him to sue the NFL again. Then again I assumed when announced, his settlement would disallow him from playing in the NFL again. Very weird shit to dig up when it seemed like the issue was mostly buried at this point.
    Yeah who really knows. I mean I think we can mostly agree that Kap is better than many of the backups playing in the league right now. It's obvious he is skilled enough. Too much drama around a potential backup would scare off plenty of teams. The hype/drama around this situation had mostly gone away but here it is again and this time it is from the NFL itself. Really makes you wonder.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused why the NFL ever went along with it. This story was done. Some team must have serious plans to sign him. Steelers would be the obvious team at this point. No reason to tank, terrible starting QB, no "QB of the Future" on the roster, in an area where... well let's just say bringing him in for a solo workout would cause issues.

Bengals would want to tank, Redskins and Giants both have QBs of the Future (unless we're going to have another Josh Rosen situation), Buccs are the only other team I can really see pulling the trigger besides the Steelers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit makes sense with Stafford's injury being potentially serious. I'm surprised Carolina isn't in on this with Newton likely being done there. Makes sense for Tampa to look too since their QB stinks. Plenty of teams should be an injury away from considering Kaep but plenty have had injuries and didn't sign him, so I doubt there will be any movement after this abortive publicity stunt.
    /s

I would not be shocked to see Myles Garrett banned from the NFL for life. With all the stuff going on with CTE, they can't allow what happened. He needs to be banned and then promptly arrested for assault.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I think we can mostly agree that Kap is better than many of the backups playing in the league right now.
    Not really. There are plenty of terrible QBs around but Kaep was already on his way out when the controversy started. His last season or 2 were atrocious. Also not sure what he's like now, years from his last appearance, older and undoubtedly missing some of his speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    I would not be shocked to see Myles Garrett banned from the NFL for life. With all the stuff going on with CTE, they can't allow what happened. He needs to be banned and then promptly arrested for assault.
    Ban seems excessive. Problem is how uneven they are with other attacks, even in-game ones. Gronkowski legit elbow dropped a guy's neck while he was laying on the ground, causing ACTUAL injury, and got a slap on the wrist. It may not be as flashy but it's just as bad imo.

I'm curious what Rudolph's punishment will be as well. Not being one of those people saying he started it so he deserved -- obviously there's no excuse for what Garrett did -- but Rudolph DID start it trying to yank Garrett's helmet off. Seems like a fine at least. 1 game suspension seems too far as no one would be asking for one had things not blown up, but maybe to make a statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Miles Garrett gone for the season, possibly longer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Garrett getting called to the principal's office.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Miles Garrett gone for the season, possibly longer.
    Good fucking riddance. Garrentt ought to be drummed out of the NFL entirely. I get that fights happen but tearing off the helmet and then hitting him with it. He's lucky Rudolph wasn't hospitalized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Ban seems excessive. Problem is how uneven they are with other attacks, even in-game ones. Gronkowski legit elbow dropped a guy's neck while he was laying on the ground, causing ACTUAL injury, and got a slap on the wrist. It may not be as flashy but it's just as bad imo.

I'm curious what Rudolph's punishment will be as well. Not being one of those people saying he started it so he deserved -- obviously there's no excuse for what Garrett did -- but Rudolph DID start it trying to yank Garrett's helmet off. Seems like a fine at least. 1 game suspension seems too far as no one would be asking for one had things not blown up, but maybe to make a statement.
    Not at all. Garret ripped off someone's helmet and then hit him in the head with it. Literally no excuse for that. Rudolph could have been killed. Garret's lucky he's not in jail right now.

Rudolph getting punished for what? Getting his in the unprotected head with a helmet?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not at all. Garret ripped off someone's helmet and then hit him in the head with it. Literally no excuse for that. Rudolph could have been killed. Garret's lucky he's not in jail right now.

Rudolph getting punished for what? Getting his in the unprotected head with a helmet?
    Did you even read what I said or just skim for relevant words?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so confused, the NFL is issuing suspensions that make sense.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Agreed. Rudolph could have been killed. Not exaggerating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Did you even read what I said or just skim for relevant words?
    I did, and responded. You want to make some kind of statement punishment against the guy who got hit in his unprotected head by another player with a helmet. I couldn't disagree more.

Did you read what I said or just skim for relevant words? (am I doing that right? )

10+ Year Old Account
    Rudolph, if he were to be suspended, would be for trying to take Myle's helmet off and kicking him in the dick.

and a season long ban seems good enough. Hope he gets a lot of anger management training so it doesnt happen ever again, cause thats inexcusable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Since he essentially instigated the entire situation by going after the helmet dude should be out a minimum of a game. Especially when he charges in like that with no helmet going for the guy's balls. Totally unacceptable behavior by everyone involved.
    I figure they just went after the most obvious first, and will continue to analyze the rest for later punishment.